We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byCharles McCabe
Modified over 2 years ago
10 Tips for Choosing a Book Try these ideas!
1. Think of a subject or what you want your book to be about.
2. Decide if you would like fiction or nonfiction.
3. Look for a special title or series. SERIES TITLES: Dear America My Name is America American Girls Hank the Cowdog A to Z Mysteries Little House on the Prarie Nancy Drew Magic Tree House
4. Look for an author you know. Gary Paulsen Beverly Cleary Joan Lowrey Nixon Matt Christopher Laura Ingalls Wilder R. L. Stine Bill Peet Lemony Snickett
5. Share books with your friends and listen to what they say about their books.
6. Look at library displays.
7. Get up your courage to try something new.
8. Use a booklist.
9. Choose an award list. Newbery Award Caldecott Award ALA Notable Books Award Coretta Scott King Award Young Readers Choice Award
10. Take the librarians recommendation.
Lets Learn About Call Numbers Remember, a call number is like the books address in the library. It tells where the book lives on the library shelf.
Marching into Career Exploration! Today YOU are a Tanglewood Bear!!! But someday when you grow up, you will have to decide what you want to be. Some people.
Sight Word Phrases Group 1. the little boy a good boy.
Finding Materials in the Library Using the OPAC John Campbell Elementary School Selah, WA Mrs. Engvall, Teacher - Librarian.
Finding Library Materials Mrs. Engvall - Teacher Librarian John Campbell Elementary Using the Text OPAC.
Determining Importance Taken from: 7 Keys to Comprehension By: Susan Zimmermann & Chryse Presented By: Myrja Fuller.
Current Events Assignment. Please do not talk at this timeMay 22 Sign up for a group on the board. This group will look at a series of articles from a.
Finding Good-Fit Books… Think-Pair-Share How do you know a book is the right book for you? How do you know the book isnt too difficult for you? One of.
Cornell Notes Cornell Note Taking Guide for AR Books Everyone, think for just a moment… How many of you find school easy? Are all subjects easy? Are some.
Lap 1. the to and he a I you it of in Lap 2.
Searching on the Internet Where to look Here a a few Search.
Call Numbers Objective: Students will understand how call numbers are used to locate books and other materials in the library.
2 nd Grade Reading Units of Study #3 Readers Think About the Characters in their Books 2nd Grade Reading Unit of Study 3 – Readers Think About the Characters.
TODAY WE WILL…. Analyze story structure Find and evaluate a storys theme Use academic language: story structure, theme.
Grade 2 Unit 5 Readers Get Information and Grow Ideas from Nonfiction Texts Pinellas County Plans Unit 5 - Grade 2 - Nonfiction 2010.
Integrated skills Period Part One Pre-listening He is famous( ). He is sporty( ).
CHOICES WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN…? Faced with a Choice.
BEVERLY CLEARY BELOVED AUTHOR. BEVERLY CLEARY Here is a picture of Beverly when she was a young woman.
Elements of Non-Fiction By Mr. Cotton. NONFICTION Nonfiction is writing about real people, places, and events. Mainly written to convey factual information.
Author’s Purpose Second Grade Reading Skill Tennessee Learning Expectation and Accomplishment for Language Arts a - Identify a purpose for reading.
1 Grade 2 Unit 6-Readers Have Word Power, Build Their Vocabularies, and Talk Well With Partners -r Reading Unit of Study Grade 2 Unit 6 Readers.
1. A ______________________ is a periodical that gives real world information. There are many different sections to read this reference material such.
High Frequency Words List A Group 1. the of and.
A. as is a couldn’t does could has wouldn’t.
Need Help Finding a Book? First bring up the web browser Firefox which is located on desktop. It looks like this.
Of. and a to the in is you that it at be.
The. of and a to in is you that it he was.
High-Frequency Phrases First 100 Words. The people.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.