Presentation on theme: "Cinco de Mayo What Do You Know?. 1.Cinco de Mayo is celebrated each year on __________. a.May 5 b.May 6 c.March 5 d.March 6."— Presentation transcript:
Cinco de Mayo What Do You Know?
1.Cinco de Mayo is celebrated each year on __________. a.May 5 b.May 6 c.March 5 d.March 6
2.Cinco de Mayo occurred almost _______ years ago a.5 years b.50 years c.150 years d.250 years
3.The most famous military battle of Cinco de Mayo occurred in _________. a.Mexico City b.Vera Cruz c.San Antonio d.Pueblo
4.Cinco de Mayo celebrates Mexicos military defeat over _______. a.the French b.the Spanish c.the United States d.All of the above
5.Who was president of Mexico during this time? a.Benito Juarez, an Indian b.Napoleon III, a Frenchman c. Abraham Lincoln, an American d.Maximilian, an Austrian
6.Which of the following was NOT a problem for Mexico during this time: a.War with the United States b.Civil War c.National debt d.War with the French
7.Why did the French believe they could quickly conquer Mexico? a. they thought they were a superior race b.many other countries had already done so c.the French soldiers knew the Mexican terrain very well
8.Who first ordered the European attack on Mexico? a.Benito Juarez, an Indian b.Napoleon III, a Frenchman c. Abraham Lincoln, an American d.Maximilian, an Austrian
10. Which of the following is NOT true about the war between Mexico and France? a.The French won the war. b.The war lasted 13 months. c.The war united Mexicans. d.The United States played no part in the war.
11.Who was named emperor of Mexico in 1863? a.Benito Juarez, an Indian b.Napoleon III, a Frenchman c. Abraham Lincoln, an American d.Maximilian, an Austrian
12.Which of the following statements is TRUE about Emperor Maximilian? a. He did not want to become part of Mexico. b.He was executed for treason. c.He traveled back to Europe to ask for help from the Pope. d.None of the above are true.
13. Which of the following BEST explains Frances reason for wanting to conquer Mexico? a.France wanted to convert all people to Christianity. b.France wanted to fight the United States. c.France wanted to claim land in the New World.
15.How many people of Latin American decent are living in the United States? a.3 million b.38 million d.3 billion c.380 million
16.Which of the following is done in celebration of Cinco de Mayo? a.Feasting on Mexican foods b.Drinking (for those over 21) c.Dancing ethnic dances d.All of the above
17. Which of the following is TRUE about Mexicos location? a.Located in North America. b.Located in South America. c.Located in Central Asia. d.Located in South Asia.
18. Which of the following is TRUE about Mexicos language? a.Mexico is the largest Spanish- speaking country in the world. b.Mexico is the largest English- speaking country in the world. c.Mexico is the largest French- speaking country in the world. d.Mexico is bilingual
19.Which of the following ancient cultures did NOT live in Mexico? a.Aztec b.Maya c.Inca d.None lived in Mexico
20. Which of the following is not a symbol of Mexico? a.b. c.d.
21.The capital city of Mexico is __________. a.Mexico City b.Vera Cruz c.San Antonio d.Pueblo
22.What type of currency is used in Mexico? a.Mexican dollar b.Mexican peso c.Mexican yen d.They dont use money
23.What landforms are NOT associated with Mexico? a.Coastal plains b.Plateaus c.Sierra Madre Mountains d.Tundra
24.Which of the following does NOT border Mexico? a.United States b.Honduras c.Belize d.Guatemala
25.What is a mestizo? a. A type of Mexican food that is used to celebrate Spanish heritage b. A type of clothing used to celebrate Indian heritage c. A person of Spanish and Indian heritage