We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byGrace Dempsey
Modified over 4 years ago
= 6x2 – 5x – 21 = x2 – 121 = 5(2x + 5) = 7x(4x + 5) = (x2 + 4) (x + 2)Find the product. (2x + 3)(3x – 7) (x – 11)(x + 11) = 6x2 – 5x – 21 = x2 – 121 Factor. 3. 10x + 25 4. 28x2 + 35x 5. x3 + 2x2 + 4x + 8 = 5(2x + 5) = 7x(4x + 5) = (x2 + 4) (x + 2) x2 + 11x + 30 7. x2 – 4x – 32 = (x + 6) (x + 5) = (x + 4) (x – 8)
More warm-up Solve the following equation (USE Factoring)
More Warm-up Simplify the fraction Standard: MM1A3e
Simplifying rational expressionsA fraction whose numerator and denominator are nonzero polynomials Standard: MM1A3e
Simplest Form When a rational expression’s numerator and denominator have no factors in common (other than 1). Process: Factor, then cancel. Standard: MM1A3e
1. Simplify a Rational ExpressionReduce the numbers and subtract the exponents. Where the larger one is, is where the leftovers go. Standard: MM1A3e
2. Simplify a Rational ExpressionFactor the top Cross out the common factor x. Standard: MM1A3e
3. Simplify a Rational ExpressionFactor the bottom Cross out the common factor x. Standard: MM1A3e
4. Simplify a Rational ExpressionFactor the top Cross out the common factors of 5 and x. Standard: MM1A3e
5. Simplify a Rational ExpressionFactor the top and bottom Cross out the common factor (x + 4) Standard: MM1A3e
Recognize Opposite FactorsWhen you have opposite factors, you will have to factor out a negative so that you can cancel. Standard: MM1A3e
6. Opposite Factors Factor the bottom(1 – x) on the top and (x – 1) on the bottom are opposites. Factor out a negative so they will cancel. Standard: MM1A3e
Practice #7 Standard: MM1A3e
Practice #8 Standard: MM1A3e
Practice #9 Standard: MM1A3e
Practice #10 Standard: MM1A3e
Practice #11 Standard: MM1A3e
Practice #12 Standard: MM1A3e
SOLVING RATIONAL EQUATIONS Lesson 48. What are rational equations?
Chapter 2 Fractions.
Quadratic Equations and Complex Numbers
Fractions VI Simplifying Fractions
Fractions VIII Subtracting Like Denominators By Monica Yuskaitis.
Finding a Common Denominator
Reducing Fractions. Factor A number that is multiplied by another number to find a product. Factors of 24 are (1,2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 24).
(x + 4)(x + 7) = x2 + 11x + 28 (x + 14)(x + 2) = x2 + 16x + 28
Simplify Warm-up. Compare and Contrast Notes - Adding and Subtracting with LIKE Denominators When you are adding or subtracting rational expressions….
Rational Algebraic Expressions
8-2: Solving Systems of Equations using Substitution
Review of Addition, Subtraction of Fractions
Objective SWBAT simplify rational expressions, add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational expressions and solve rational equations.
Do Now 12/3/13 Take out HW from last night. Take out HW from last night. Text page 116, #1-19 odds Text page 116, #1-19 odds Copy HW in your planner. Copy.
4.5 Solve Quadratic Equations by Finding Square Roots
Warm Up Multiply. 1. 2x2(x + 3) 2. (x – 5)(3x + 7) 3x2 – 8x – 35
Multiplying, Dividing, Adding, Subtracting Rational Expressions
Study Guide. a) Has a whole number part & a fraction part b) The answer to a division problem c) For example, 2 1/2 d) Both A and C.
© 2018 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.