We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAllison Weaver
Modified over 2 years ago
Amelia and Eleanor Go for a Ride By: Pam Munoz Ryan Pictures by: Brian Selznick
Vocabulary Our president is very outspoken. A. patient B. direct
Jessie is a daring person. A. bold B. famous
Answer A. bold
Lainie is the aviator. A. airplane pilot B. science teacher
Answer A. airplane pilot
Are you performing solo? A. without an instrument B. without another person
The cockpit is empty. A. area for the pilot B. room for patients
Answer A. area for the pilot
The air is brisk today. A. calm B. chilly
The couple ate at an elegant restaurant. A. unusual B. stylish
Comprehension Questions 1.Amelia flew and Eleanor drove because it _________________. A. was challenging to learn A. was challenging to learn B. made them feel independent
2. Before Amelia attended the dinner at the White House, she _______________. A. flew over the Atlantic Ocean B. taught Eleanor how to fly
Answer A. flew over the Atlantic Ocean
3. From information in the story, you can conclude that Eleanor and Amelia _____________. A. already knew each other before the dinner party B. were childhood friends that grew up together
Answer A. already knew each other before the dinner party
4. The author probably wrote this story to ________________. A. explain how to fly a twin-motor airplane at night B. tell about a friendship between two famous women
5. What can you tell about Eleanor from her decision to fly to Baltimore? A. She trusted Amelias skills as a pilot. B. She loved flying more than anything else.
Answer A. She trusted Amelias skills as a pilot.
6. The job the Secret Service men had was to _________________. A. get an airplane for Amelia B. make sure Eleanor was safe
7. When Amelia and Eleanor returned from their flight, the reporters were waiting because they knew the women had ________________. A. done something unusual B. managed to avoid them earlier
Answer A. done something unusual
8. Why did the reporter ask Eleanor is she has felt safe during the flight? A. She had never been on an airplane before. B. It was unusual to have a women pilot.
9. When making the recipe, which of these steps should be completed FIRST? A. Bake in a tube pan. B. Beat the egg whites. C. Add the sugar. D. Sift the flour.
10. When making the recipe, what should you do after you bake the angel food cake? A. Beat the egg whites. B. Allow the cake to cool. C. Gather the ingredients. D. Add the cream of tartar.
Answer B. Allow the cake to cool.
Response Questions Which TWO events in the story were the most exciting for Amelia and Eleanor?
The two most exciting events were the plane ride and the car ride.
Why did Amelia turn off the lights in the plane?
She did not want the lights to interfere with the view of the night sky and the ground below.
In what way were Amelia and Eleanor alike that made them DIFFERENT from most other women during this time period?
They liked to do things that most other women thought were too dangerous.
Good Luck! 1.Take your time. 2.Check your answer. 3.Make sure you have answered ALL the test questions. 4.DO YOUR BEST! 4.DO YOUR BEST!
Unit 5 Week 3. Genre – Historical Fiction Historical fiction is set in the past. The characters may be based on real people who lived at that time. Amelia.
Amelia and Eleanor Go For a Ride Written by Pam Munoz RyanPam Munoz Ryan Pictures by Brian Selnick Vocabulary Definitions Vocabulary Sentences Additional.
The. of and a to in is you that it he for.
Of. and a to the in is you that it at be.
The. of and a to in is you that it he was.
Dolch Words the of and to a in that is was.
A. as is a couldn’t does could has wouldn’t.
High Frequency Words List A Group 1. the of and.
Can you see?. I like him. When will we go? All or some.
The people Look for some people. Write it down. By the water So there you are. Who will make it? You and I A long time What will they do?
Oral Reading Fluency First 100 Most Used Phrases.
Cause and Effect. Effects Causes Why? Reasons Event What happened after the event?
Points of View. Why it is important… How does the point of view affect your responses to the characters? How is your response influenced by how much the.
First Grade Sight Words a in I and is it for.
Taking charge of your anger & Getting along with your teachers and peers A mini-lesson by Mr. Hess.
High-Frequency Phrases First 100 Words. The people.
The Houdini Box By Brian Selznick Vocabulary Houdini is a magician. A. Person who writes for magazines. B. Person who performs tricks.
Lets build fluency! The people By the water You and I.
Englewood Public Schools Englewood, Colorado 2009 A Compilation of E.W. Dolch 1936, The Reading Teachers Book of Lists, Fourth Edition,© 2000 by Prentice.
Mr. Putter and Tabby Fly the Plane by Cynthia Rylant iIlustrated by Arthur Howard.
Grace and the Time Machine Unit 2 Week 3. Genre -- Play A play has all the elements of a story – characters, setting, plot, and theme – but it doesnt.
The Mystery of Andrew Johnsons Death By Anita Nwachuku May 23, 2004 Engineering Foundation/Period 7B.
List 1. the List 1 to List 1 and List 1 he List 1.
DOLCH Sight Word Test (Say each word as it appears on the screen.)
Why are people so addicted to the internet ? When did people start to become so addicted to the internet? How was the human relations and how is it going?
DOLCH Sight Word Test (Say each word as it appears on the screen.) Press the Esc key to stop the slide show Click this button below to start the slide.
Meeting the child’s 3 specific needs 1.Physical – food, clothing and shelter 2.Emotional and Social needs – making sure children are safe, loved and cared.
List 1 Sight Words the to and he a I you it.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.