Presentation on theme: "TENNESSEE STATE VETERANS HOMES. Governance The governing body is the Tennessee State Veterans Homes Board Board members are appointed by the Governor."— Presentation transcript:
TENNESSEE STATE VETERANS HOMES
Governance The governing body is the Tennessee State Veterans Homes Board Board members are appointed by the Governor We are a State Political Sub-division
Tennessee State Veterans Homes Self Supporting Annual Budget $39M Revenue Medicare Medicaid VA Insurance Private Pay
TENNESSEE STATE VETERANS HOMES Three existing homes Murfreesboro Humboldt Knoxville Facility profiles: 140 total Beds Provide intermediate and skilled care
Why Choose Us? CARE We can handle all post acute and long term care needs. 24 Hour RN coverage Short term rehabilitation Full therapy staff onsite Dietician on staff
Why Choose Us? STAFFING
Why Choose Us? TECHNOLOGY Electronic Charting Kiosks in hallways More accurate charting Alerts & Reports Computers available for residents Internet Email Wireless access throughout Computerized Pharmacy
Why Choose Us? FINANCIAL The VA per diem is applied to reduce private pay costs. When the Per diem is applied we are the most economical facility Current per diem is $95.82 Veteran may qualify for VA Pharmacy
Regulatory Oversight Murfreesboro –Five Star Facility * Listed as Best of the Best by US News and World Report. TDH Annual Survey - Aug 2011 2 Deficiencies (minor) TDH Complaint Survey - Aug 2011 1 Deficiency (minor) VA Survey - June 2012 - Deficiency Free Humboldt TDH Annual Survey– Feb 2012 1 Deficiency VA Survey – Feb 2012 Deficiency Free Federal LFS – Mar 2012 Deficiency Free Knoxville – Five Star Facility TDH Annual Survey - May 2011 Deficiency Free VA Survey – March 2012 Deficiency Free TOSHA Survey – Feb 2012 1 Citation
Dont take my word for it! See the difference first hand Visit a few local nursing homes…Then visit a TSVH. Go in unannounced and ask for a tour.
RESIDENT MAKEUP 75% of the residents at that facility must be veterans The remaining 25% of the residents may be veteran-related family members, i.e. spouses, surviving spouses, gold star parents and dependent children
Admission Eligibility Veterans who were Honorably Discharged from Active Duty and at least one of these additional requirements: Resident of Tennessee at time of admission Born in Tennessee Entered the U.S. Armed Forces in Tennessee Tennessee address is official Home of Record on Veteran's Military Record Has an immediate family member (Parent, Spouse, Sibling, or Child) or Legal Guardian who would serve as primary caregiver, who is a resident of Tennessee Spouse or widow of a veteran or a Gold Star Parent may also be eligible for admission on a space available basis (25%)
Admission Documents Needed DD214 or other verification of Honorable Discharge Must Have Find and put somewhere safe Marriage License if Spouse of Veteran Insurance Card Proof of citizenship Living Will
How Can You Help? Tell your Veterans to: Acquire and organize the required admission documents prior to LTC need Insist at the hospital to be discharged to a TSVH or they may end up elsewhere Contact the nearest TSVH and start the admission process while still in the hospital or before scheduled surgeries Get on the waiting list if they are having health issues or are currently in another nursing home.
The Waiting List Priorities: 1.Emergent need (in hospital) 2.In SNF as skilled care 3.In Nursing Home non-skilled care 4.All others