21. Deuterium (2H) and protium (1H) are two isotopes of hydrogen 1. Deuterium (2H) and protium (1H) are two isotopes of hydrogen. Which of the following statements best compares a deuterium atom to a protium atom?A The deuterium atom has a smaller net charge.B The deuterium atom has a smaller atomic radius.C The deuterium atom has more electron orbitals.D The deuterium atom has more particles in its nucleus.
32. Based on its position on the periodic table, which of the following elements is a nonmetal? A Potassium (K) B Nickel (Ni) C Vanadium (V) D Bromine (Br)
43. Which of the following ordered pairs of elements shows an increase in atomic number but a decrease in average atomic mass?A Ag to Pd B Co to NiC Ge to Sn D Cr to Mo
54. In which list are the elements arranged in order of increasing atomic mass? Cl, K, ArTe, I, Xe(3) Fe, Co, Ni(4) Ne, F, Na
65. How many protons, neutrons, and electrons are in a neutral atom of sodium? F 11 p_, 12 n_, 11e_ _G 11 p_, 11 n_, 12e_H 12 p_, 11 n_, 12e_J 12 p_, 11 n_, 11e_Based on the atomic number shown for Sodium, 11, it can be determined that Sodium has 11 protons. Subtracting the Z-value from the A-value gives Sodium’s number of neutrons. Since the atom under consideration is electrically neutral, the number of electrons is equal to the number of protons. The answer is F.
76. Which of the following is the same for both hydrogen and potassium? A atomic massB number of valence electronsC total mass of nucleons D atomic numberHydrogen and Potassium belong to the same Group or Family on the PT. B is the answer….
87. The high electrical conductivity of metals is primarily due to- (1) high ionization energies(2) filled energy levels(3) mobile electrons(4) high electronegativities
98. Which of the following statements describes the elements in family 17 of the periodic table? A They have seven valence electrons.B They are all solids at room temperature.C They exist commonly as cations in nature.D They are highly inert or unreactive.
109. Which list of elements contains two metalloids? Si, Ge, Po, PbSi, P, S, Cl(2) As, Bi, Br, Kr(4) Po, Sb, I, Xe
1110. An atom in the ground state has a stable valence electron configuration. This atom could be an atom of-(1) Al(2) Na(3) Cl(4) Ne
1211. An element that is malleable and a good conductor of heat and electricity could have an atomic number of-1629(3) 18(4) 35Students may use a PT for this…
1312. Samples of four Group 15 elements, antimony, arsenic, bismuth, and phosphorus, are in the gaseous phase. An atom in the ground state of which element requires the least amount of energy to remove its most loosely held electron?As (2) P(3) Bi (4) SbIonization Energy trends…
1413. According to the electron-cloud model of the atom, an orbital is a- (1) circular path traveled by an electron around the nucleus(2) spiral path traveled by an electron toward the nucleus(3) region of the most probable proton location(4) region of the most probable electron location
1514. The table below gives information about the nucleus of each of four atoms. How many different elements are represented by the nuclei in the table?(1) (3) 3(2) (4) 4Mention how A and D, and E and G are isotopes of the same element/s
16Where is this element located on the Periodic Table? 15. In the ground state, each atom of an element has two valence electrons. This element has a lower first ionization energy than calcium.Where is this element located on the Periodic Table?A. Group 1, Period 4B. Group 2, Period 3C. Group 2, Period 5D. Group 3, Period 4