Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

1 EMOSIA: European MOdel for ATM Strategic Investment Analysis ATC Maastricht 2005 Seminars, 1 February Bernard Lacroix EUROCONTROL.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "1 EMOSIA: European MOdel for ATM Strategic Investment Analysis ATC Maastricht 2005 Seminars, 1 February Bernard Lacroix EUROCONTROL."— Presentation transcript:

1 1 EMOSIA: European MOdel for ATM Strategic Investment Analysis ATC Maastricht 2005 Seminars, 1 February Bernard Lacroix EUROCONTROL

2 2 Why EMOSIA? To take the best informed decision for an ATM investment knowing that: There are no facts about the future, only uncertainties The decision making process can be long through multiple phases There is a long lead time for investment Many stakeholders are involved

3 3 EMOSIA is a CBA approach Consisting of: Processes, models and output Based on: More than 10 years of experience Industry best practice Stakeholders consensus Offering: A platform for informed decision-making A common language for cost and benefit analyses

4 4 How EMOSIA works? Decision criteria definition & Data collection Spread Sheets generation Steps Sensitivity Analysis Output Process Risk Analysis Decision

5 5 An example of sensitivity analysis with EMOSIA The two top uncertainties contribute to more than 90% of the swing in project value whilst the remainder contribute to only 10% EMOSIA focuses on what really matters by identifying the most critical variables to the success of the project Equipage cost savings ANS charge savings Cost per min of delay Flight efficiency gain Cost per flight min Delay saving 70608090100 Project value (In Million of euros) Uncertainties

6 6 An example of risk analysis with EMOSIA EMOSIA weighs the risk of the decision by integrating the uncertainties of the project in a range of expected values EMOSIA allows to compare a project portfolio with regard to their respective values and their respective risk

7 7 EMOSIA is already used EUROCONTROL and European Commission projects, for example: Data link implementation in Europe (LINK2000+) Advanced surveillance and data link applications (CASCADE) CAMES Collaborative-ATM (C-ATM) SEAP AENA: MEDINA

8 8 Whats so special about EMOSIA? Takes uncertainty into account Provides consistency Provides traceability Has strong buy-in from stakeholders Is efficient and flexible Is suited from early in ATM project life- cycle

9 9 EUROCONTROL Strategy and Performance Rue de La Fusee, 96 B-1130 Brussels, Belgium EMOSIA, a Team work Paula Leal de Matos Paula.Leal-de-Matos@eurocontrol.int +32 (0) 2 7294689 Bernard Lacroix Bernard.Lacroix@eurocontrol.int +32 (0) 2 7293601 www.eurocontrol.int You can count on us


Download ppt "1 EMOSIA: European MOdel for ATM Strategic Investment Analysis ATC Maastricht 2005 Seminars, 1 February Bernard Lacroix EUROCONTROL."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google