Presentation on theme: "Unit 2 Read a letter about the adventure in Africa and a travel leaflet about Shangri-la listen to details about holiday packages talk about travelling."— Presentation transcript:
Read a letter about the adventure in Africa and a travel leaflet about Shangri-la listen to details about holiday packages talk about travelling and adventures and discuss future travel plans write an e-mail design a travel leaflet In this unit, we will
1.We’ll be flying to Morocco, in northern Africa. 2.We’ll be traveling by camel, with local guides. 3.We’ll be walking every day for almost two weeks. 4.After that, we’ll be moving on to Tanzania, where we’re going to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. 1.We’ll be flying to Morocco, in northern Africa. 2.We’ll be traveling by camel, with local guides. 3.We’ll be walking every day for almost two weeks. 4.After that, we’ll be moving on to Tanzania, where we’re going to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
Toby will be climbing in the Himalayas next Tuesday. Toby will be climbing in the Himalayas all next week. Toby
We ________ (have) an English class tomorrow morning. We _____________ (have) an English class at 8:20 tomorrow morning. will be having will have
Talk about something that will be in progress at a certain time or over a period of time in the future. ( 讨论将来某个时间段或时间点正 在进行的动作 )
Lily is an Australian high school student. She gets up at 7:00. Then after 15 minutes she has her breakfast. She goes to school every workday. She leaves home at 8 o’clock to take the school bus. She arrives at school at about 9. She starts to study at once and continues until 12:00 when she has lunch at school. Usually the lunch takes about half an hour. She starts to study again at 1:00 and goes home at 3:30.
1) At 7:25 A. She ’ ll be leaving the house. B. She ’ ll have left the house. C. She ’ ll be at home. D. She ’ ll be having breakfast. 2) From 9 to 12 A. She ’ ll be studying. B. She ’ ll be having classes. C. She ’ ll be doing exercise. D. She ’ ll be doing heavy work with workers.
4) From 12 to 12:30 A. She ’ ll be having lunch. B. She ’ ll have finished homework C. She ’ ll be leaving school. D. She ’ ll be enjoying her lunch. 5) At 13:05 A. She ’ ll be eating her lunch. B. She ’ ll be studying again. C. She ’ ll have finished her lunch. D. She ’ ll have left school.
Express future without intention. When it is used in this way, we want to indicate that something will happen naturally. It doesn’t imply that the subject has arranged the action. （表示不包含主语主观意愿的纯粹将来。 使用这种方式，我们想表达某件事 会很自然地发生，主语并不参与 安排或计划。）
1) I will see you this Friday. I intend to see you. I’ll go to your home specially to see you. 2) I will be seeing you this Friday. Maybe we have both been invited to a party this Friday when I will see you naturally.
Tom won’t cut the grass. Tom refuses to cut the grass. Tom won’t be cutting the grass. The sentence is only a statement of fact, giving no information about Tom’s intention or feeling. Perhaps Tom is away, or ill, or will be doing some other job.
When will you come again? When will you be coming again?
Make polite enquiries about other people’s future plans. （委婉地询问对方的未来计划， 比用 will do 听起来更有礼貌。）
Where will you be going? What will you be doing tomorrow? Will you be using your dictionary? When will you be going to the supermarket? ________ 你的字典要用吗？ 你什么时候会去超市？
A: Will you be using your bicycle this evening? B: No. So you want to borrow it? A: Yes. When can I get it? B: After I go to heaven.
A: Will you be passing the post office when you’re out? B: Probably. Why? A: I need some stamps. Could you get me some? B: Sure. Money, please. A: How much do you want? B: The more, the better.
Future Continuous Tense Talk about something that will be in progress at a certain time or over a period of time in the future. Express future without intention. Make polite enquiries about other people’s future plans. When we arrive in New York, it’ll be raining. He’ll be singing at the party. When will you be spending the summer vacation?
15th May Dear Mr. Wang, Thank you for your note about: the visit to London next month. However, I cannot go as I am very busy during June. Please let me explain. From 13th to 17th June, I will be __________ down the Yantze. On 18th June, I am going to visit the Yellow Crane Tower. Then, on 19th June, I ________________ interviewing some professors about the Yellow Crane Tower. I am sure I will find out lots of interesting fact from them for next month's article. After the interviews, from 20th to 22nd June, I __________ going to Chongqing. I expect I will visit some of the best hotels because I ____________ write a report about them in July. Then, on 23rd June, I will fly to Lhasa. From 24th to 29th June, I ______________ some places of interest there. I will return to Beijing 30th June. As you can see, my schedule for June is full and I cannot 9o to London for the festival. Thank you for your understanding. Yours sincerely, traveling will be will will be exploring
1. At this time tomorrow _______ over the Atlantic. (NMET 2003 年 北京 ) A. we’re going to fly B. we’ll be flying C. we’ll fly D. we’re to fly 2. ----What are you going to do this afternoon? ----I am going to the cinema with some friends. The film _______ quite early, so we _______ to the bookstore after that. (NMET 2005 年 重庆） A. finished; are going B. finished; go C. finishes; are going D. finishes; go 高考真题
3. Because the shop ________ all the T-shirts are sold at half price. (NMET 2004 年 浙江） A. has closed down B. closed down C. is closing down D. had closed down 4. Turn on the television or open a magazine and you ________ advertisements showing happy families. (NMET 2004 年 湖南） A. will often see B. often see C. are often seeing D. have often seen 高考真题
Review what we have learnt this period, and finish Ex C1 on page 88 in your workbook.
would do was/were going to do was/were about to do was/were doing was/were to do
FORMUSAGE would do 表示过去将发生的动作或出现的状态， was/were going to do 表示主语过去计划打算的行动 或看来就要发生的事情 was/were doing 表示过去计划或安排好的动作 （ go, come, leave, begin 等动词） was/were to do 表示过去客观上计划或安排好的动作 was/were about to do 表示过去正要发生的动作， 一般不带时间副词或短语, 常与 when 连用
1. would do 常有表示过去的时间状语, 多用 于从句或间接引语中. 2.was/ were going to 往往表示过去本打算 或本认为会发生的动作或事态.( 有时 =was/were to do) My brother told me that he would be back on Saturday. --- where did you go for your weekend? --- well, I was going to the theatre, but in the end I went to the cinema.
. ４.was/ were to do 通常指按过去的计划, 安 排将在某个过去将来时间发生的事态. 有时可 以与 be going to do 互用 She said that she were to see their English teacher the next week. ３． was/were doing 过去进行时可以表示 过去将来，常用于（ come/go/fly/leave 等 ) I was leaving for Beijing tomorrow.
We _____ leave when they came in. A. are going to B. were to C. are to D. were about to D I was just about to go swimming when luckily our guide saw me and shouted at me. ５． be about to do 这一结构与 when 连用, 常指事先没有计划性, 表示即将或正想做某事, 突然发生什么事，具有偶然性
A. Tick the sentences which express future in the past. 1.Colin told me he would be in Africa. 2.John was always going to the beach when he was a kid. 3.Jennifer mentioned that she was going to Hawaii on holiday. 4.I was having dinner with some friends between 8 and 10 yesterday evening. 5.Toby and Colin were to fly to Morocco the next day.
B. Colin wrote in his diary about the sunrise he and Toby saw in the desert. Complete his diary entry with expressions from the box. ① w ere going to watch ② w ere about to turn ③ w ould blow ④ w ouldn’t see ⑤ w ouldn’t give ⑥ w ould stop ⑦ w ould fall ⑧ w as to remember Were going to watch wouldn’t see wouldn’t give was to remember were about to turn would blow would stop would fall
1. ---Have you heard from Janet recently? ---- No, but I _______ her over Christmas? A.saw B. will be seeing C. Have seen D. have been seeing B 2.We _____ leave when they came in. A. are going to B. were to C. are to D. were about to D
3. I didn’t know when she ________, but if she ______ I ______ you know. A. came ;would come ;would let B. came; came ; let C. would come; came; let D. would come; came; would let C 4. ---- Alice, why didn’t you come yesterday? ---- I ______, but I had an unexpected visitor.(NMET2004) A.had B. would C. was going to D. besides C
5. That night they had all their things packed, for they ______ leave the next day. A.were to B. went to C. going to D. should 6. I hoped that my teacher _____ me with my task. A. will have helped B. would help C. helped D. will help A B
1. Review the tenses learned in this lesson. 2.Finish exercises C1, C2, D1 on page 96-97. Homework