Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, 30-31 July 2012 ICT Standardization Challenges in Viet Nam Le Duc Cuong, Official of Vietnam Telecommunications.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, 30-31 July 2012 ICT Standardization Challenges in Viet Nam Le Duc Cuong, Official of Vietnam Telecommunications."— Presentation transcript:

1 Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July 2012 ICT Standardization Challenges in Viet Nam Le Duc Cuong, Official of Vietnam Telecommunications Authority - VNTA, Ministry of Information and Communications, Vietnam - MIC ITU Workshop on Bridging the Standardization Gap (Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July 2012)

2 Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July ICT development challenges in Viet Nam I. Current Situation of ICT Development in Viet Nam II. Standardization Challenges III. Solutions to Address Standardization Challenges CONTENT

3 Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July PART I. Current Situation of ICT Development in Viet Nam a) Policy Making and Regulation

4 Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July Policy Making and Regulation Organizational structure of ICT policy and regulatory body in Viet Nam

5 Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July Policy Making and Regulation (cont) Organizational structure of VNTA

6 Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July PART I. Current Situation of ICT Development in Viet Nam b) Market Development

7 Market Development Fixed telephone 10.2 million subscribers in 2012 (in downtrend, decreased 4 million from 2010 and 7 million from 2009) Total revenue: 361 million Dollars Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July

8 Market Development (cont) Mobile telephone: Up to 127 million mobile subscribers with total revenue is 5.4 bil USD. The three network giants: Viettel mobile (the largest with 46%), VinaPhone, Mobifone (total 42%) are account for 88% mobile market. VietnamMobile, Sfone and Gtel Mobile on the rest 12%. Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July % 42% 12%

9 Market Development (cont) Other statistics: Total ICT revenue: 7 bil $ Total subscribers on both mobile and fix phone is 132 millions. Internet users: Total is 30.5 million Increase from 27 million in vn domain registered. 7 computers per 100 inhabitants. 35 Internet users per 100 habitants. Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July

10 Market Development (cont) TRENDS IN TELECOMS MARKET : : Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July Mobile (7 operators) Broadband Internet access (major 7 operators) Intense competition in 02 sub-markets Fixed subscription and revenue from fixed market decreased annually from 2007 to 2011, especially sharp decrease has been evidenced in 2009 In contrast, mobile and Internet subscriptions and revenues from those markets increased from 2006 to 2011 Mobile sub-market is the most profitable and most contributed to total telecoms market revenue Diverse development trend in fixed and mobile/Internet sub- markets Price QUALITY OF NETWORK AND SERVICES Need standards and QoS regulation Price QUALITY OF NETWORK AND SERVICES Need standards and QoS regulation Vientiane, Laos Peoples Democratic Republic, July 2012

11 Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July PART I. Current Situation of ICT Development in Viet Nam c) Standardization

12 Standardization (cont) Standard Systems: National technical standards: voluntary (56) National technical regulations: compulsory (62) Technical Standards/Regulations on Products: 12 Standards, 1 Regulations Equipment : 19 Standards, 48 Regulations Networks, Systems: 17 Standards, 10 Regulations Services: 8 Standards, 3 Regulations 12 Vientiane, Laos Peoples Democratic Republic, July 2012

13 Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July PART II. Standardization Challenges in Viet Nam

14 Standardization Challenges Challenges : There is not any forum on telecom in the order to combine standards from different operators before submitting to regulator to issue technical regulation. Lack of some important standards on safety: EMC, EME, SAR.... Standards and technical regulation have not been updated regularly. Capacity of laboratories in Vietnam have not meet requirements for measurements. There is not specialized technical experts on drafting standards. 14 Vientiane, Laos Peoples Democratic Republic, July 2012

15 Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, July PART III. Solution to Address Standardization Challenges

16 Solution to Address Standardization Challenges Solution : Establishments of telecom forum for operators to combine basic standards to be applied. It is necessary to have mechanism between forum and regulator in the order to transform standards to technical regulation. Study, increase additional important standard on safety. Construction of world standard laboratories. Update regularly standards and technical regulations. Increase additional technical experts who have experiences to draft technical standards. 16 Vientiane, Laos Peoples Democratic Republic, July 2012

17 Thank you! Vientiane, Laos Peoples Democratic Republic, July


Download ppt "Vientiane, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, 30-31 July 2012 ICT Standardization Challenges in Viet Nam Le Duc Cuong, Official of Vietnam Telecommunications."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google