Presentation on theme: "Workshop: Public authorities for cultural and historical heritage and sustainable development Bruxelles, 12 October 2011, Fundación Galicia Europa A territorial."— Presentation transcript:
Workshop: Public authorities for cultural and historical heritage and sustainable development Bruxelles, 12 October 2011, Fundación Galicia Europa A territorial approach to the European Cohesion Policy. Innovative actions for the promotion of artistic and cultural heritage Roberto Ciambetti Minister for Budget policies and ERDF programs
1.The role of cultural and artistic heritage in Veneto Region 2.The planning and the Regional Plans for Innovative Actions (RPIA) 3.Historical heritage and innovation: the VIVEN OPEN NET project 4.The ERDF Regional Operative Program and the promotion of artistic heritage 5.Conclusions
1. The role of cultural and artistic heritage in Veneto Region The Veneto Region: a broad cultural and artistic heritage that has to be preserved and enhanced through innovative tools Culture as a resource, not only with an aesthetical- cultural purpose of cultural enrichment and entertainment, but also as a relevant environmental component that refers to the environment as a context with qualitative liveableness where territory, the landscape and the historical traditions do matter In a regional context characterized by relevant changes typical of the post- industrial society, the territorial cultural capital can represent both a means of diffusion and promotion of identity heritage and a driving force for local development
It is funded through the Regional Program for Innovative Actions The 1260/99 Council Regulation about general provisions on Structural Funds (OJ L 161, 26 June 1999) clarifies that – on initiative of the European Commission – the Funds can finance innovative actions aimed at the creation of innovative methods and practices to improve the quality of the interventions referring to goals 1,2 and 3. The appropriate authorities in the Regions could present a program proposal within the 31st may of every year. Regional Program for Innovative Actions Veneto Net Goal 2006: the document was focused on 4 Actions + technical Assistance and Accompanying Measures, for a total cost of euro of public funding (being 50% co-funded by ERDF). The Actions are included in the topic eEuropaRegio: the Information Society in the service of regional development. 2. The programming and the Regional Plans for Innovative Actions (RPIA)
3. Historical heritage and innovation: the VIVEN OPEN NET project in the planning. The context Some research activities carried out in these years have shown that villas act just as a potential attractor: only a little percentage of the millions of tourists coming to Veneto Region every year has visited these delightful houses. Among them, the vast majority just visited villas only once. The organization of broader visits seems to be too complex; in addition to this, many difficulties have been detected in finding out itineraries, because of the lack of uniformity and of organization of the offer. Apart from the Palladian Villas, the other villas have no connections with the other buildings, even those in the same territorial framework. The project plans to create a portal in order to collect a hard copy of all the monumental and artistic heritage of Venetian Villas, in order to make it accessible to all potential tourists.
3. Historical heritage and innovation: the VIVEN OPEN NET project. The Project ViVen OpenNet – Action 7.4 of the Regional Program for Innovative Actions, aims at planning, developing and experimenting a model of dynamic platform for the on-line networking and management of the cultural heritage represented by Venetian Villas and of the cultural, social and economic initiatives related to them. The platform can be integrated to the own services of modern Incoming and Destination Management agencies. The website gives the possibility to tour operators to keep in contact and create new partnerships with other historical areas in Veneto Region. The innovations regarding lay in the fact that all the villas regularly open to the public are presented together for the first time, with a concrete advantage for anyone who wants to plan a tour in Veneto or Friuli Region. The website gives access to all the information about the villas, the price of admission tickets, the opening times, etc. Moreover, it gives also the opportunity to organize and manage customized thematic itineraries.
4. The ERDF Regional Operative Program and the promotion of artistic heritage The main objective is consistent with the general goal of making the region more attractive for the enterprises and the citizens and it aims at reinforcing the competitiveness of the regional cultural system by qualifying and emphasizing it, making it accessible to the citizens and tourists according to the principles of Sustainability. The actions to be taken focus on the territorial and functional integration of the valorisation of environmental and cultural heritage This action includes valorisation activities, both from a structural perspective and in terms of services, of cultural heritage (movables and real estates of artistic, historical, archeological, etno-antropological, archival, bibliographical and landscape interest) and of institutions and cultural places (museums, libraries, archives, archeological areas and parks, monumental sites), with the aim of enhancing the sustainable tourism. Operating method 3.2: Valorisation and promotion of cultural and natural heritage Action 3.2.1: Measures for the Innovation and Knowledge-based economy in the cultural sector Action 3.2.2: methods for the valorisation of cultural heritage Action 3.2.3: Innovative actions for the promotion of natural heritage
5. Conclusions Integrate the current programming with principles inspired by the innovative actions of the previous period Analyze the role of ICT and of the new digital tools in the valorisation of artistic heritage Explore possible developments