Presentation on theme: "Unit 2 Our daily life Reading A. TimeWhat to do 6:30 a.m. 7:30 a.m. 8 a.m. 12:30 p.m. 3:15 p.m. 9 p.m. a.m. = in the morning p.m. = in the afternoon/evening."— Presentation transcript:
Unit 2 Our daily life Reading A
TimeWhat to do 6:30 a.m. 7:30 a.m. 8 a.m. 12:30 p.m. 3:15 p.m. 9 p.m. a.m. = in the morning p.m. = in the afternoon/evening Get up On the way to school Have English class Have lunch Correct homework Prepare for the lesson Let me tell you something about my daily life
A day in the life of… Reading A WHIZZ-KID CHENG NA title subtitle
1. Cheng Na is probably ________most other students. a. the same as b. different from 2. I will find out about ________. a. Cheng Nas daily life b. Cheng Nas holiday 3. A whizz-kid is probably________. a. a good driver b. very great b a b … … A1
Here are some questions about Cheng Na. Answer them by writing Y or N. If the article does not give you the information, write DK Dont know). 1. Can Cheng Na write computer games? 2. Does Cheng Na get up at 6 a.m.? 3. Does Cheng Na drive herself to school? 4. Does Cheng Na like her school friends? 5. Does Cheng Na always have lunch at school? Y Y N Y N 6. Is Cheng Na good at basketball? DK
7. Do Cheng Na and her family talk about business at breakfast and at dinner? 8. Does Cheng Na sleep for about five hours a night? Y N
1 How old is Cheng Na? 15 years old. Discusses business with her parents at breakfast. Yes, she is one of the top students. Twice a week. Read the passage again and answer the questions: 2 What does she do every morning? 3 Is Cheng Na good at study? 4 How often does her driver pick her up from school?
Im Cheng Na, my family and I work in my _________. Every morning we ________ business at breakfast. Sometimes I make phone calls to my ______ on the way to school. I usually _____ A _____ at school. About ______a week my driver______ me up from school. Once a week I _______ a ______ after school. Once a week I have ______ lessons. After dinner I ________ working on my games. business discuss clients get grades twice picks go to club piano continue
TIME WHAT TO DO 6A.M. 7.30A.M. 8A.M P.M. 4.15P.M. 7 P.M. get up, wash, put on school uniform, have breakfast, discuss business. make phone calls to clients start school, enjoy seeing friends, get A grades pick me up, have lunch, come back to school have computer club meeting, play basketball, have piano lessons, do my homework have dinner, discuss business, continue working
Language Points 1.She is still at school. Every morning we discuss business at breakfast. at school at work at breakfast at supper at lunch
2. I sometimes make phone calls to clients on the way to school. on the way to + …… on the way to the church : on the way :home, there, here to, on the way home, on the way here.
3. Then I go to my office and continue working on my games. work on continue doing something
1. 24 He is 24 years old, but he ___ ____ ____ ____. 2. ___ ___ ___ ____, I met an old friend. 3. They often watch TV ____ ____. 4. He met his best friend ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___. is still at school On my way home at dinner on the way to the library
5. The students _____ _____ ____ the wall newspaper. 6. He ________ _______ after a rest. are working on continues studying
Homework Finish Book B P17 Read the passage by following the tape.