Presentation on theme: "SHARING THE VISION. THINKING SKILLS HABITS OF MIND COGNITIVE TASKS THAT DEMAND SKILLFUL THINKING EFFECTIVE THINKING REQUIREMENTS: CONTENT THINKING SKILLS."— Presentation transcript:
SHARING THE VISION
THINKING SKILLS HABITS OF MIND COGNITIVE TASKS THAT DEMAND SKILLFUL THINKING EFFECTIVE THINKING REQUIREMENTS: CONTENT THINKING SKILLS
. Stick to it! 1. PERSISTING Persevering on a task even though the resolution is not immediately apparent.
2. MANAGING IMPULSIVITY Take your time! Acting with forethought and deliberation.
3. LISTENING WITH UNDERSTANDING AND EMPATHY Understand others! Devoting mental energies to understanding others thoughts and feelings.
4. THINKING FLEXIBLY: 4. THINKING FLEXIBLY Look at it another way! Changing perspectives, generating alternatives, considering options.
Think about your thinking! 5. METACOGNITION Being aware of your own thoughts, feelings, and actions and their effects of on others
6. STRIVING FOR ACCURACY Check it again! Desiring exactness, fidelity and craftsmanship.
7. QUESTIONING AND POSING PROBLEMS How do you know? Having a questioning attitude. Developing strategies to produce needed data. Finding problems to solve.
8. APPLYING PAST KNOWLEDGE TO NEW SITUATIONS Use what youve learned! Accessing prior knowledge and transferring it to novel situations.
Think Clearly! Striving for accurate communication in written and oral form. 9. THINKING AND COMMUNICATING WITH CLARITY AND PRECISION
10. GATHERING DATA THROUGH ALL SENSES Using all sensory pathways: gustatory, olfactory, tactile, kinesthetic, auditory, visual. Use your natural pathways!
11. CREATING, IMAGINING, INNOVATING Try a different way! Generating new and novel ideas; fluency, originality.
12. RESPONDING WITH WONDERMENT AND AWE Awesome! Finding the world fascinating, mysterious, intriguing and phenomenal.
13. TAKING RESPONSIBLE RISKS Venture Out! Being adventuresome. Living on the edge of one's competence
14. FINDING HUMOR Laugh a little! Finding whimsy, incongruity and playfulness. Laughing at yourself.
15. THINKING INTERDEPENDENTLY Work together! Working with and learning from others in reciprocal situations.
16. REMAINING OPEN TO CONTINUOUS LEARNING Having humility and pride in admitting there is more to learn. Resisting complacency. Continue to learn!
Teaching Of Habits of Mind Activities
Stages of Development zLiteracy zRecognition zPersonalizing zPrediction zReflection zInternalizing zHabituating
zLearning activities followed by feedback to group. zAlternate activities on Break out Tables zBuilding Collective Understandings