Presentation on theme: "Cosmic Voyage Fill in the details from the video that correspond with the Main Ideas. Main Idea Supporting Details."— Presentation transcript:
1Cosmic Voyage Fill in the details from the video that correspond with the Main Ideas.Main Idea Supporting Details
21. Early theories/ideas ofGreekphilosophers’*Nature can be understood everything is made up of particlesEarth was the Center of a unchanging UniverseGalileo “1609” invented the “telescope”He saw the moon had mountainsJupiter has its own moonGalaxy consist of 1,000’s stars
3Over a billion stars & the Universe is expanding Milky Way GalaxyA Band of countless stars. We are known as the “Spiral Galaxy”Over a billion stars & theUniverse is expanding
4At the beginning total mass was size of a small ball. Big Bang TheoryBirth of our Universe ball- expanding with great radiant energy- Cool expandAt the beginning total mass was size of a small ball.The ball expanded with a great amount of energy creating a New Universe.Protons & Neutrons came together, followed by electrons to form ATOMS.
5Big Bang Theory A. 2 Billion years 2 B.Yrs. Our Universe consists of clouds of gas & dust.Galaxies came together in clusters, evolve disks, gas spiral.Gravity holds them together.Galaxies collided together due to their mutual gravity
6Milky Way’s formed stars formed by Nuclear Fusion B. 10 billion years laterMilky Way’s formed stars formed by Nuclear FusionStars died-Stars with large mass exploded.
7Stars A. Characteristics Nuclear Fusion A star will shine until it’s fuel is used up= it diesB. Super NovaWhen a star burns up all its fuel and explodesC. New StarFormationAfter a star dies it particles gasses & dust scatter & create a New Star
8It is a massive star that has collapsed. Black HoleIt is a massive star that has collapsed.It’s gravitational pull is so strong, that it sucks everything into it.Not even light can escape/can be emitted thru it
9Cosmic Voyage Directions:. After viewing the video “Comic. Voyage” Cosmic Voyage Directions: After viewing the video “Comic Voyage”. Answer the following questions. You may use your main ideas/detail notes. Remember, use complete sentences
10Question Answers1. Name one theoryabout Earth & Spacethat the ancientGreek philosophersbelieved?The Sun revolved around the Earth
112. What inventionhas been instrumentalin changing the metal &physical models of howwe view the universe?The telescope
123. How does technology continue to play a role in mental & physical models ofour Universe?We are able to explore space with Rocket ships & also take amazing pictures with telescopes
134. What typeof galaxy?Milky Way SpiralHow many starsdoes it contain?Billions
145. According tothe Big Bang Theory,where was all theknow mass (mater)gathered in thebeginning ofthe universe?In a condense ball
156. In your ownwords, describethe Big Bang Theory.All the particles of the Universe were condensed in the size of a golf ball Expanded creating our Universe
167. What is aSuper Nova?When a star runs out of gas/fuel = it stops shinning & explodes
178. How is a newstar formed?When a star goes “Super Nova” All the gases & particles scatter& form New Stars
189. Describe whatoccurs in space tocreate a black hole?A massive star collapsing causing an extreme gravitational pull.
1910. What role doesgravity play in ablack hole?It is Super Strong causing it to suck up anything that comes in contact with itsWrite conclusion