Presentation on theme: "1. Bats are surprisingly long-lived creatures, some _______ a life span of around 20 years.(11 3 A. having B. had C. have D. to have 2. The fact that."— Presentation transcript:
1. Bats are surprisingly long-lived creatures, some _______ a life span of around 20 years.(11 3 A. having B. had C. have D. to have 2. The fact that so many people still smoke in public places ________ that we may need a nationwide campaign to raise awareness of the risks of smoking.(11 22) A. suggest B. suggests C. suggested D. suggesting Bats are surprisingly long-lived creatures, and some _______ a life span of around 20 years. have Step1 VS
3. Tom _______ in the library every night over the last three months.(11 23 ;P63 A7) A. works B. worked C. has been working D. had been working 4. In the last few years, thousands of films ______ all over the world. (11 3; P63 A10) A. have produced B. have been produced C. are producing D. are being produced 5. ----why does the lake smell terrible? ---- Because large quantities of water _______. (09 31 P65 B32) A. have polluted B. is being polluted C. has been polluted D. have been polluted.
6. For many years, people _______ electric cars. However, making them has been more difficult than predicted. (10 15 ; P64,2 ) A. had dreamed of B. have dreamed of C. dreamed of D. dream of 7. Michael _____ football regularly for many years when he was young.(2010 P73,12) A. was playing B. played C. has played D. had played Step2
8. In 1492, Columbus ______on one of the Bahama Islands, but he mistook it for an island off India. (11, P63;21) A. lands B. landed C. has landed D. had landed 9. ---Have you finished reading Jane Eyre ----No, I _______ my homework all day yesterday. (10 21 P64,4) A. was doing B. would do C. had done D. do 10. By the time Jack returned home from England, his son _______ from college.(11 34 P64,27) A. graduated B. has graduated C. have done D. had graduated. Step3
11.--- I phoned you at 7 yesterday evening but nobody answered. --- Oh, I ______ my dog in the park then. (10 P73,11) A. walked B. was walking C. had walked D. would walk 12. If you dont like the drink you ________, just leave it and try a different one.(11, II 29 P63 5) A. ordered B. are ordering C. will order D. had ordered 13. --- Why, Jack, you look so tired! --- Well, I _____ the house and I must finish the work tomorrow. (10 23 P64,8) A. was painting B. will be painting C. have painted D. have been painting
14. When he ____ the door, he found his keys were nowhere(09, P66 44) A. would open B. opened C. had opened D. was to open 15. This is the first time we_______ a film in the cinema together as a family. (09, P66 41) A. see B. had seen C. saw D. have seen 16. We wont know how much food to buy until we decide how many people ____(P73,19) A. were coming B. are coming C. have been coming D. had come 1. be to do 2. 3. 4.
17. --- Flight 551 for Dalas _______. I must be off now. (P74, 14) A. is being announced B. has announced C. was announcing D. had been announced 18. ---I dont think its _____ to the ceiling very securely. --- Dont worry. It wont _______. (P74, 4) A. fixing; drop B. fixed; drop C. fixing; dropped D. fixed; be dropped 19. The palace caught fir three times in the last century, and little of the original building _______ now. (P65, 29) A. remains B. is remained C. is remaining D. has been remained P 71