Presentation on theme: "How To Start Your Own Consultants Network By Dr. Gary L. Blank The Consultants Consultant Past Vice President, Member Activities, IEEE-USA Electrical/Electronic."— Presentation transcript:
How To Start Your Own Consultants Network By Dr. Gary L. Blank The Consultants Consultant Past Vice President, Member Activities, IEEE-USA Electrical/Electronic Engineering Consultant Director, Engineering Update Institute 8N173 Ickenham Lane Plato Center, IL 60123 847-464-4007 email@example.com http://www.drblank.com/co.htm
How To Start A Consultants Network 1.Introduction 2.Consulting Climate 3.What is a CN (Consultants Network)? 4.Networks (where are they?) 5.Birth and Growth of a Network 6.What is AICN (Alliance of IEEE Consultants Networks)? 7.Network Becomes an Affinity Group 8.Role of the Section 9.Conclusion
1. BACKGROUND Academic and Industry Consulting-Electronics, Controls Engineering Update Institute –Home- Study Video Courses for PE Exam Seminars on Consulting (Consultants Consultant) Start-Up Networks
2. CONSULTING CLIMATE Downsizing Layoffs Re-Engineering Early Retirements Creates: - Openings Consultants Networks Come Into Existence History
IEEE-USA MEMBER ACTIVITIES COUNCIL ALLIANCE OF IEEE CONSULTANTS NETWORKS Washington, DC Chicago… Seattle 35 U.S.A. Networks + 7 Non-U.S.A. 3000+ Consultants
3. WHAT IS A CN (Consultants Network)? A Group of Members (IEEE) who are interested in getting together with consultants and those who are interested in consulting to share ideas and to network, and to learn about consulting. SEMINARS/WORKSHOPS MENTORING REFERRALS NETWORKING TYPICAL CN MEETINGS (DINNER) NETWORKING SPEAKER/TOPIC DISCUSSION
5. BIRTH & GROWTH OF A NETWORK How is a Network Started? Case Histories How Does it Grow?
6. WHAT IS AICN & WHAT DOES IT DO? Coordinates Activities 2 Workshops A Year Committee Meetings Website/Database Directory (Search) Newsletter Sample Consulting Agreement Business & Consulting Resources for Members Surveys Focal Point For All Networks Referrals Increases IEEE Membership Works With Staff Speakers and Advisors
What is an Affinity Group? l An Affinity Group is a local unit of an IEEE organizational unit or standing committee established by petition to the parent organizational unit to fulfill the purposes of the IEEE. l The following groups have been acknowledged by RAB as parent organizational units: l Graduates of the Last Decade, Women in Engineering, and Consultants Networks. Are There Benefits to Being an Affinity Group?
7. NETWORK BECOMES AN AFFINITY GROUP BY PETITION
8. ROLE OF THE SECTION Encourage Support Announcements Newsletters Network Generates Income for the Section
9. CONCLUSION Handouts How To Start A Local Consultants Network http://www.ieeeusa.org/business/startnetworkguide.asp http://www.ieeeusa.org/business/startnetworkguide.asp How To Form An Affinity Group http://www.ieee.org/organizations/rab/scs/forms_petitions/ affinity_pet.html http://www.ieee.org/organizations/rab/scs/forms_petitions/ affinity_pet.html QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.