Presentation on theme: "Chapter 3 Chapter 3 Test Review Sherry Woods, Caywood Elementary School Lexington, TN."— Presentation transcript:
Chapter 3 Chapter 3 Test Review Sherry Woods, Caywood Elementary School Lexington, TN
Which One? 1. Most people who lived there were farmers.
2. Most of its states broke away from the Union.
3. This region had more people and factories.
4. Helped by the Underground Railroad, many slaves reached freedom there.
5.Many of its people opposed the spread of slavery to the frontier.
6. It contained huge farms called plantations.
7. Its farmers grew cotton or tobacco as cash crops and only enough food for their families.
8. Most of its people opposed Abraham Lincolns election as President.
9. Many of its states broke away from the Union.
11.A n invention that allowed plantation owners to sell more cotton was a.T he cotton gin b.b. The steamboat c.T he power loom d.d. The railroad
12. One way the slave codes tried to keep enslaved people under control was a.T o send away on the Underground Railroad the children of troublemakers. b.T o send troublemakers north to work in factories. c.T o strengthen slaves traditions and religions. d.T o forbid slaves to meet in groups.
13.W hich of the following is NOT true about Abraham Lincoln? a.H e lost a race for the United States Senate but later was elected President. b.H e believed that slavery should be allowed to spread to the West. c.H e thought that slavery was wrong. d.H e joined a new political party called the Republican party.
14.R eligious song that enslaved people sang to help them handle the hardships of life under slavery were called a.T he blues b.b. Hymns c.G ospels d.d. spirituals
15.W hat event caused several Southern states to leave the Union? a.T he Supreme Court issued the Dred Scott decision. b.E li Whitney invented the cotton gin. c.A braham Lincoln was elected President. d.T he Underground Railroad began to operate.
16.A n African who led a slave revolt in Virginia was a.H enry Clay b. Jefferson Davis c.N at Turner d.J ohn Brown
17.W hen the United States government planned to send supplies to Fort Sumter, a.S even Southern states decided to leave the Union. b.P resident Lincoln reversed the order, hoping to keep peace with the South. c.S even Southern states formed the Confederate States of America. d.S outherners attacked the fort after its commander refused to surrender.
18.W hich of the following helped keep the peace between the North and the South? a.T he Kansas-Nebraska Act and the Great Compromise. b.T he Missouri Compromise and the Compromise of 1850 c.T he Dred Scott decision and the Lincoln-Douglas debates d.T he Republican party and the election of 1860.