We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byBailey Barr
Modified over 3 years ago
Chapter 2 Chapter 2 From a New Nation to a Divided Nation Sherry Woods, Caywood Elementary School Lexington, TN
1. Forced to move west in a journey called the Trail of Tears A. Daniel Boone B. Cherokees C. Thomas Jefferson D. Sacagawea
2. Tried to unite Indian groups to drive settlers from the West A. British B. Tecumseh C. George Washington D. Eli Whitney
3. Purchased the Louisiana Territory from France A. Thomas Jefferson B. Forty-niners C. Susan B. Anthony D. Andrew Jackson
4. Announced a doctrine to prevent more European colonies in America A. Horace Mann B. Eli Whitney C. Thomas Jefferson D. James Monroe
5. Tried to improve education in the United States A. Horace Mann B. George Washington C. Thomas Jefferson D. Susan B. Anthony
6. Stopped American ships at sea, which helped cause the War of 1812 A. Tecumseh B. James Monroe C. British D. Cherokees
7. Went to California hoping to find gold A. Forty-niners B. British C. Susan B. Anthony D. George Washington
8. Helped lead the fight for womens rights in the United States A. Susan B. Anthony B. Sacagawea C. Daniel Boone D. Cherokees
9. Elected the first President of the United States A. Andrew Jackson B. George Washington C. Eli Whitney D. Daniel Boone
10. Crossed the Appalachians and helped settle the West A. Eli Whitney B. Tecumseh C. Daniel Boone D. Thomas Jefferson
11. Settled the Great Salt Lake valley in what is now Utah A. Mormons B. British C. Cherokees D. Forty-niners
12. Helped Lewis and Clark to explore the Louisiana Purchase territory A. Cherokees B. Sacagawea C. Tecumseh D. George Washington
13. Helped industry to grow by developing the idea of mass production A. Eli Whitney B. Thomas Jefferson C. Daniel Boone D. Andrew Jackson
14. A change to the Constitution A. Nationalism B. Amendment C. States rights D. steamboat
15. After the War of 1812, this great spirit swept the United States. A. Nationalism B. National Road C. Amendment D. Bill of Rights
16. The nations first constitution A. Bill of Rights B. Sectionalism C. Articles of Confederation D. amendment
17. Added to the Constitution in order to protect the peoples rights and freedoms. A. Articles of Confederation B. Bill of Rights C. Reform D. nationalism
18. Made travel on rivers more practical. A. Bill of Rights B. Steamboat C. National Road D. Articles of Confederation
19. Loyalty to the region in which a person lives a. Manifest destiny b. Sectionalism c. Nationalism d. amendment
20. The American belief that all land from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean should belong to the United States. A. Manifest Destiny B. Nationalism C. Bill of Rights D. sectionalism
21. Completed in 1825 allowing goods to be shipped more cheaply and in larger loads than by wagon. A. Erie Canal B. National Road C. Steamboat D. Amendment
22. Idea that the states have final authority over the national government A. Nationalism B. States rights C. Manifest destiny D. reform
23. Effort to change society in the hope of making it better A. Reform B. Amendment C. Sectionalism D. Bill of Rights
24. Ran from Maryland to Illinois, providing a link between the East and the West. A. Erie Canal B. The National Road C. Steamboat D. Bill of Rights
The Young Republic Chapter 11.
Unit 4 Vocabulary. Louisiana Purchase President Jefferson send James Monroe to negotiate with Napoleon to buy the Louisiana territory from France This.
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 2 Q 3 Q 4 Q 5 Q 6Q 16Q 11Q 21 Q 7Q 12Q 17Q 22 Q 8Q 13Q 18 Q 23 Q 9 Q 14Q 19Q 24 Q 10Q 15Q 20Q 25 Final Jeopardy Westward Expansion.
Westward Expansion Jan Barrett Reading Specialist Crestview Elementary March 26, 2002.
Westward Expansion Answering the questions of the leaders of Idontknowwhere…
The Westward Expansion. After the revolutionary war, Americans headed west to find new land and wealth. In 1803 Thomas Jefferson sent Meriwether Lewis.
Foreign Policy related to the War of 1812 “ The Young Republic”
Day 1 Exploring the West.
25 seconds left…...
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 6 Q 11 Q 16 Q 21 Q 2 Q 7 Q 12 Q 17 Q 22 Q 3 Q 8 Q 13
American History. The Bering Land Bridge – most scientist believe that people migrated across the Bering land bridge to settle the American continents.
WHICH PRESIDENT PURCHASED LOUISIANA and WHY ??. THOMAS JEFFERSON Because he wanted to gain control of New Orleans to use the port to ship American goods.
UNIT 3 TEST REVIEW U.S. History. Creating a Nation Standards This was outlawed in the Northwest Ordinance Slavery.
2016. Legislative Branch – Makes laws Judicial Branch – interprets the laws Checks and balances – limit the power of each branch Anti-federalists.
Famous Presidents Famous Events Acquisition of Land Moving West Dates and Documents Key Concepts Main page (home)
TRASH CAN TRIVIA. This state was originally an independent rebublic Georgia Oregon Texas 5.
The Early National Period The Early National Period The United States will undergo many changes between 1800 and 1845 Territory will expand.
The Early Republic 5 th Grade Social Studies Chapter 10 Lesson 1 People on the Move.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.