We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byCurtis Stokes
Modified over 7 years ago
1. Prediction: to tell something before it happens 2. Hypothesis: a possible answer to a question based on gathered information
3. Experiment: a set of steps designed to test a hypothesis. 4. Observation: any information that describes a trait or characteristic of something gathered by using the five senses.
5. Quantitative Observation: observation that includes a number or measurement. 6. Qualitative Observation: observation that does not include a number or measurement.
7. Inference: forming a conclusion based on observations. 8. Variable: any factor in an experiment that could effect the results and is therefore tested separately.
9. Control: the part of an experiment that serves as a standard to which variables are compared. 10. Data: information collected from observation and experimentation.
Sections 2 and 3 Chapter 1. Review of the Scientific Method The scientific method is not a list of rules that must be followed but a general guideline.
Science is a way of knowing.
What is Science? Word Wall #1
Scientific Method Vocabulary
Earth Science Chapter 1-1.
Mariandre salazar 7-A. is the process of collection of data through observation and experimentation. steps Choose problem research Develop a hypothesis.
Quiz 1 - Scientific Processing
Directions: Read each question.Read each question. Decide which answer you think is correct.Decide which answer you think is correct. Click the mouse.
What is Science? Observing Inferring Predicting Testing.
What Is Science? Think Like a Scientist Scientists use many different skills to learn more about the world. Observing Inferring PredictingClassifying Making.
Science Process Skills. Observe- using our senses to find out about objects, events, or living things. Classify- arranging or sorting objects, events,
Science Process Skills Vocabulary 8/17/15. Predicting Forming an idea of an expected result. Based on inferences.
Observation and Inference Notes. OBSERVATION OBSERVATION- – Information collected using your five senses (sight, smell, touch, taste and hear); facts.
Review of the Scientific Method Chapter 1. Scientific Method – –Organized, logical approach to scientific research. Not a list of rules, but a general.
Observation and Inference
Scientific Method. 1) Observe to gather data 2) Form hypothesis – testable statement based on those observations 3) Experiment (to test hypothesis) and.
The Language of Science. Hypothesis: a prediction that can be tested; an educated guess base on observations and prior knowledge Theory: a well tested.
Chapter 1.1 – What is Science?. State and explain the goals of science. Describe the steps used in the scientific method. Daily Objectives.
© 2022 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.