Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

1 July 2006 Opening EC Meeting 8 AM-10:30AM. 2 IEEE 802 ORGANIZATION 802.3 CSMA/CD Bob Grow 802.16 BWA Roger Marks 802.11 WLAN Stuart J. Kerry 802.1 BRIDGING/ARCH.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "1 July 2006 Opening EC Meeting 8 AM-10:30AM. 2 IEEE 802 ORGANIZATION 802.3 CSMA/CD Bob Grow 802.16 BWA Roger Marks 802.11 WLAN Stuart J. Kerry 802.1 BRIDGING/ARCH."— Presentation transcript:

1 1 July 2006 Opening EC Meeting 8 AM-10:30AM

2 2 IEEE 802 ORGANIZATION 802.3 CSMA/CD Bob Grow 802.16 BWA Roger Marks 802.11 WLAN Stuart J. Kerry 802.1 BRIDGING/ARCH Tony Jeffree WORKING GROUP/TAG CHAIRS 1 st VICE CHAIR Mat Sherman RECORDING SECY Bob OHara TREASURER John Hawkins EXECUTIVE SECY Buzz Rigsbee APPOINTED OFFICERS CHAIR Paul Nikolich EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (EC) 802.15 WPAN Bob Heile 802.18 TAG Radio Regulatory Mike Lynch 802.17 ResPackRing Mike Takefman 802.19 TAG Coexistence Shellhammer 802.20 MBWA Jerry Upton 2 nd VICE CHAIR Pat Thaler 802.21 Handoff Vivek Gupta 802.22 WRAN Carl Stevenson HIBERNATION 802.2 LLC (Dave Carlson) 802.5 Token Ring (Bob Love) 802.12 Demand Priority (Pat Thaler) DISBANDED 802.4 Token Bus 802.6 DQDB 802.7 Broadband TAG 802.8 Fiber Optic TAG 802.9 ISLAN 802.10 Security 802.14 CATV MEMBER EMERITUS Geoff Thompson

3 3 Treasurer Insert slides for John Hawkins

4 4 Standards Approved New: P802.1AE -Media Access Control (MAC) Security (8 June) P802.3an/D4.0 CSMA/CD - 10 Gb/s Operation, Type 10GBASE-T (8 June) Revisions: P802.15.4/D6 Low Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs) (8 June) Reaffirmations: none Corrigendum: P802.3-2005/Cor1/D2.0 –CSMA/CD - Corrigendum 1 (8 June) Withdrawals: 802.15.3a High Rate WPAN (30 March) March, May and June 2006 SA Standards Board Actions

5 5 Projects Approved New: P802.1AS - Timing and Synchronization for Time-Sensitive Applications in Bridged Local Area Networks (25 May) P802.11y – 3650MHz to 3700MHz operation in USA (16 March) P802.16j - Mobile Multihop Relay (16 March) P802.16k – Bridging of 802.16 (16 March) P802.19 – Recommended Practice: Methods for assessing coexistence of wireless networks (16 March) P802.22.1 – Standard for methods to enhance the protection of low power licensed device operation in the TV Broadcast Bands from harmful interference from license-exempt devices operating in those bands Revisions: none Reaffirmations: none March, May and June 2006 SA Standards Board Actions

6 6 802.20 Working Group Activities Suspended until 1OCT2006 LMSC Operating Conditions during suspension: - Text of official notice available on 802.20 web site - 802.20 WG Chair retains voting rights on EC -Exception: mandatory recusal during vote on appeal re-hearing - 802.20 Web Site is frozen but accessible to all - 802.20 Email reflector is frozen - Appeals continue per original schedules June 2006 SA Standards Board Actions

7 7 Standards Board and 802.20 On June 15, Standards Board suspended operations of 802.20 –802.20 has been the subject of several appeals from the very beginning of the group, with four appeals now pending at one level or another –recent activity in the group appears to have become highly and unusually contentious –concern over lack of transparency, possible dominance, and other irregularities in the Working Group –Standards Board will continue its inquiry and will make decisions at its September meeting

8 8 Standards Board and 802.20 Submissions Invited –Standards Board invites interested persons to submit relevant factual information on 802.20, its operation, and its interaction with other groups and organizations –2500-word limit per submission –Email to 802_comments@ieee.org Rules for Submissions –Anonymous submissions will not be accepted or considered –Submitters must provide –individuals name title, email, telephone and address –employer name and the name (if different from employer) of any individual or entity that is directly or indirectly funding the individuals submission or that has funded the submitters participation in 802

9 9 Standards Board and 802.20 Use of Information –IEEE-SA is inviting information to assist the Standards Board in its inquiry but may use for other purposes –IEEE-SA will determine whether information is disclosed or sources are identified –Submitters may request confidentiality but IEEE-SA will make final decision

10 10 IEEE Board of Directors Action

11 11 Draft PARs to NesCom P802.1at - Stream Reservation Protocol (SRP) P802.1au - Congestion Notification P802.1H - Revision draft PAR P802.3ar – Congestion Management P802.3av – Amendment 10Gb/s Passive Optical Networks P802.11k PAR extension request P802.15.4 PAR modification P802.16? Maintenance PAR (48 hour rule) P802.17? Maintenance PAR (48 hour rule) P802.22.2 – Rec. Practice Installation and Deployment of 802.22 Systems Projects of interest outside 802 (query EC members) –SA: IEEE 1609 Wless access for vehicular environment ; 1073 RF wireless technologies for medical applications - ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 New Work Item Proposals on June 2006 agenda 8.1 PHY and MAC Specifications of the Enhanced High-Speed PLC (Power Line Communications) Systems (B. J. Jung, Korea) 8.2 MAC Specifications of Mesh-Enabled Wireless Sensor Networks (MEW) (Yongsik Shin, Korea) 8.3 The PHY and MAC Specifications of the Broadband Wireless Multimedia (Xiaodong Zhang, China) 8.4 Physical Layer to Guarantee Cooperative Communication in the Wireless Personal Area Network Environment (Kim, Jee-Hoon, Korea) 8.5 The PHY and MAC Specification of WPAN (Wu Dongya, China) 8.6 Identification of sensor node in WSN for sensor node and network management (Yoong Woon Kim, Korea)

12 12 Draft Standards to Sponsor Ballot 802.1ag, 802 Architecture reaffirmation 802.3ap (bplane enet) 802.17b (conditional possible) 802.15.4a 802.16g and k

13 13 Draft Standards to RevCom 802.16/conformance04 802.11revma (conditional) 802.1ak (conditional) 802.3as (conditional), 802.3aq

14 14 IEEE Staff Introductions Karen Kenney: Associate Managing Director, Business Administration Susan Tatiner: Associate Managing Director, Technical Program Development Michael Kipness: Program Manager, Technical Program Development Michelle Turner: Program Manager, Document Development Jennifer McClain: Managing Editor, Standards Information and Industry Publishing Bob LaBelle: Manager, Networks and Telecommunications Angela Weaver: Business Manager (RAC administrator) Penny Stanton: Electronic Balloting Specialist Christina Sahr: Technical Project Manager Kim Brietfelder: Manager, Standards Editing and Production Michelle Deluca: support RAC meeting Edward Rashba: Manager, New Technical Programs Bob Pritchard: Staff support for ISO/IEC JTC1 activities, Consultant Clyde Camp: Staff support for myballot and myproject, Consultant Michael Lindsay: IEEE SA Counsel

15 15 Steve Mills Presentation Update : IEEE and International Standards Presentation given at opening plenary meeting –15 min presentation and followed with 10 min Q&A

16 16 John Hawkins/Karen Kenney Get IEEE 802 Program Update –Ad hoc: Wed 9-10am Molly A/B Ombudsman implementation

17 17 IEEE 802 Ombudsman An organizational ombudsman –Is a confidential and informal information resource, communications channel, complaint-handler and dispute-resolver, and a person who helps an organization work for change. –Purpose is to foster values and decent behavior - fairness, justice, equality of opportunity and respect –Is a designated neutral within an organization and usually reports at or near the top of that organization, outside ordinary management channels

18 18 IEEE 802 Ombudsman Basic Options, Functions and Skills: –Listening impartially –Providing and Receiving Information –Reframing Issues and Developing Options –Referral –Helping People Help Themselves –Information - Third Party Intervention and Diplomacy –Looking into the Problem –Generic Approach –Systems Change –Following Through –Investigation and Adjudication or Formal Appeals

19 19 IEEE 802 Ombudsman As of 1 August 2006, contact information: 802ombudsman@ieee.org

20 20 China visit update Steve Mills

21 21 802 attendance SW update Rigsbee Ad hoc meeting Wed 3-4pm

22 22 Online training update Thaler

23 23 Staff Liaison update Kipness

24 24 IEEE-SA/802 Task Force Meeting held at March 2006 SASB meeting –Topics: 1) MyBallot/MyProject update: Kipness 2) Europen Patent Office: Law 3) getIEEE802 budget: Kenney/Hawkins –Participants: Carl, Grow, DavidL, Geoff, MikeK, GlennP, SteveS, Karen, Mills, Jon Rosen, bridge: Hawkins, Nikolich

25 25 IEEE-SA/802 Task Force tentative agenda myBallot/myProject update – Kipness –Document numbering Get IEEE 802 update - Hawkins/Kenney Attendance Software update - Labelle European Patent Office update - Mills –Law has action to investigate the viability of offering a search service Indemnification –non-US citizen when meeting in non-US venue - Kipness Wednesday 1-3pm

26 26 Email Ballot recap (yes/no/abs/dnv) 30 MAR802.19 Press Release10/0/0/6 09 APR802.22 Press Release 15/1/0/0 24 APR802.3-2005/Cor1 Conditional Approval 13/0/0/3 30 JUN802.3an Press Release??????? 802 Chair did not conduct an email ballot on question of application of CA documentation requirement –Chair assigns to S. Shellhammer to resolve question during the week and bring to closing EC meeting for formal decision Jeffreewanted to know rules for access to WG reflectors at last plenary sessionwhat happened to this item?

27 27 Meeting Fee Waivers The following individuals have had their registration fees waived for this plenary session by the LMSC chair. –IEEE-SA Staff Participants (see slide 11) –Invited Participants None known at this time

28 28 Tutorial Schedule MondayTuesday 1) PAR for 802.22 Rec. Practice 6:00-7:30PM sponsor: Carl Stevenson 4) CFI: form an 802.3 Study Group on: Higher Speed Ethernet 6:00-7:30PM sponsor: Bob Grow 2) Congestion Notification 7:30-9:00PM sponsor: Tony Jeffree 5) 802.21 Overview 7:30-8:00PM sponsor: Vivek Gupta 3) 10GBASE KR FEC compatible with 64/66 encoding 9:00-10:30 sponsor: Pat Thaler 6) Body Area Networks 9-10:30 PM sponsor: Bob Heile

29 29 ISO/JTC1 SC6 update Geoff Thompson

30 30 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 planning ad hoc Observations: –1) 802's current process regarding SC6 is passive--WGs would submit documents and until recently they would get approved without objection or controversy. In effect, once an 802 standard was approved, it was a matter of time before it received ISO/IEC JTC1 approval. –2) The passive approach worked well as long as there wasn't any conflict between the scope of 802's standards and other standards being considered in SC6. –3) Things have changed. Now SC6 seems to be a target for NBs developing standards that overlap 802 standards in scope. 802 standards developers are relatively unaware of this change. –4) I assume this change in SC6 activity will be cause for concern for the standards developers in 802 once they understand what is happening. –5) At a minimum 802 should understand the current scope of activity in SC6 and make sure the 802 standards developers are fully aware of it. We need a means of monitoring and reporting to our membership what is happening in that committee. –6) Based on feedback from 802's participants, possibly revise the process by which we interact with SC6 to make sure our participants positions are adequately represented there. Logistics –Chaired by Steve Mills –Location/time--TBD

31 31 China Liaison update Roger Marks

32 32 P&P Update Mat Sherman

33 33 Architecture Group update Tony Jeffree

34 34 Notice of PARs and SGs under consideration WG chairs to report –PARs reported earlier in the agenda –SGs? 802.1-congestion management study group 802.3-10G EPON, potential study group on higher speed 802.11-audio/visual, JTC1/SC6 sg 802.15-body area networking sg 802.16- none 802.19- none 802.21- pre-authentication sg under consideration 802.22- none

35 35 Meeting Planner contract status Rigsbee

36 36 Network Services contract status Rigsbee

37 37 Appeal update Wieczorek/Oprescu/Mollenauer appeal status –EC must make a decision on appeal re-hearing –If approved, re-hearing will be held noon-1pm today Yaghoobi/Puthenkulam appeal received 16FEB2006 –Appellee: Jerry Upton –Appeal panel: Stuart Kerry, Bob Heile, John Hawkins (chair) –Scheduled for 4-5pm Wednesday JUpton has appeal to be heard at Sept06 SASB meeting –Regarding EC decision not to renew PAR JUpton has appeal to SA BoG –Regarding SASB decision to suspend 802.20 WG

38 38 Special EC meeting notice Tuesday noon-1pm Several pending appeals and dot20 suspension by SASB are a cause of significant concern to the 802 Chair. Issues/concerns: –How to deal with overlap of WG scope –Concerns over block voting –WG participants apparently delaying progress instead of contributing to forward progress Weve had similar issues beforeand successfully dealt with themwhy has it become such a large problem now? 802 Chair is calling a special EC meeting to discuss the root causes of these issues and attempt to identify resolutions –Main objective: facilitate communication among EC members in a non-threatening meeting environment Executive Session –Strictly limited to EC members and SASB chair –EC member participation is mandatory Noon-1pm Tuesday in Molly A/B

39 39 Opening Plenary Agenda 1) The ususual boilerplate stuff--Financial Report, Patent Policy, Membership Policy, general announcements (tutorials, new PARs, etc.) - 15 minutes (Nikolich, Sherman, Thaler, Rigsbee, Hawkins, O'Hara, Thompson) 2) Q&A from the audience with EC members (Nikolich moderates) -15 minutes 3) Steve Mills presents "The IEEE and International Standards -15 minutes 4) Q&A on Mr. Mills presentation - 10 minutes (Nikolich moderates). 5) Closing remarks, notices: - 5 minutes (Nikolich)

40 40 ITU-R comments Lynch

41 41 Utilizing ITU-T as international standards path Mills

42 42 Marks change in affiliation Marks

43 43 802.16 RAC issue Marks

44 44 Appeal re-hearing decision Decide the question: should a re-hearing of the March 2006 appeal be granted with the full scope of the original appeal to be considered? –If yes: full scope hearing conducted noon-1pm Monday If no: decide the question: should a re-hearing of the March 2006 appeal with the scope limited to that requested by the appeal panel be granted? –If yes: limited scope hearing conducted noon-1pm Monday –If no: end of agenda item Process: twice around the table then decide –Sequence: Upton, appellants, EC members

45 45 EC meetings for the week held in Molly A/B Monday noon-1pmpotential appeal re-hearing (Sherman) Tuesday 9-11amreserved (Paul) Tuesday noon-1pmEC executive session Tuesday 1-2pm JTC1 SC6 planning ad-hoc (Mills to chair) Tuesday 4-6pm Network Services Contract (Rigsbee) Wed 8-9amProject numbering discussion Wed 9-10am getIEEE 802 budget review (Hawkins) Wed 10-noonMeeting Planner Contract (Rigsbee) Wed 1-2:30pm 802 Task Force (Nikolich) Wed 2:30-3pmreserved (Nikolich) Wed 3-4pm Attendance SW and Document Management discussion (Rigsbee) Wed 4-5pmappeal hearing (Hawkins) Thursday 10-11amopen Thursday 11am-1pmopen Thursday 1-2pmopen Thurs 5-7pmopen office (802 Chair Paul Nikolich, Stds Board Chair Steve Mills, IEEE SA Past President Jim Carlo and IEEE Staff Karen Kenney)

46 46 End of Opening EC Meeting Start of Plenary Meeting

47 47

48 48 IEEE802 Monday Plenary Agenda 11:00WelcomeNikolich 11:02802 Overview and Status UpdateEC members –WG/TAG status slides available at www.ieee802.org/minutes/mar2006 11.15 open mike Q&Aall 11:30IEEE and International StandardsS Mills 11:45Q&Aall 11:55General announcements/Meeting Arrangements Rigsbee 12:00ADJOURN Plenary

49 49 IEEE 802 ORGANIZATION 802.3 CSMA/CD Bob Grow 802.16 BWA Roger Marks 802.11 WLAN Stuart J. Kerry 802.1 BRIDGING/ARCH Tony Jeffree WORKING GROUP/TAG CHAIRS 1 st VICE CHAIR Mat Sherman RECORDING SECY Bob OHara TREASURER John Hawkins EXECUTIVE SECY Buzz Rigsbee APPOINTED OFFICERS CHAIR Paul Nikolich EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (EC) 802.15 WPAN Bob Heile 802.18 TAG Radio Regulatory Mike Lynch 802.17 ResPackRing Mike Takefman 802.19 TAG Coexistance Shellhammer 802.20 MBWA Jerry Upton 2 nd VICE CHAIR Pat Thaler 802.21 Handoff Vivek Gupta 802.22 WRAN Stevenson HIBERNATION 802.2 LLC (Dave Carlson) 802.5 Token Ring (Bob Love) 802.12 Demand Priority (Pat Thaler) DISBANDED 802.4 Token Bus 802.6 DQDB 802.7 Broadband TAG 802.8 Fiber Optic TAG 802.9 ISLAN 802.10 Security 802.14 CATV MEMBER EMERITUS Geoff Thompson

50 50 IEEE Standards Organization IEEE 802 is here: a standards committee formed by the Computer Society aka NesCom aka RevCom

51 51 IEEE Board of Directors Action

52 52 IEEE 802 Ombudsman An organizational ombudsman –Is a confidential and informal information resource, communications channel, complaint-handler and dispute-resolver, and a person who helps an organization work for change. –Purpose is to foster values and decent behavior - fairness, justice, equality of opportunity and respect –Is a designated neutral within an organization and usually reports at or near the top of that organization, outside ordinary management channels

53 53 IEEE 802 Ombudsman Basic Options, Functions and Skills: –Listening impartially –Providing and Receiving Information –Reframing Issues and Developing Options –Referral –Helping People Help Themselves –Information - Third Party Intervention and Diplomacy –Looking into the Problem –Generic Approach –Systems Change –Following Through –Investigation and Adjudication or Formal Appeals

54 54 IEEE 802 Ombudsman As of 1 August 2006, contact information: 802ombudsman@ieee.org

55 55 802.20 Working Group Activities Suspended until 1OCT2006 by action of SASB Operating Conditions during suspension: - Text of official notice available on 802.20 web site - 802.20 WG Chair retains voting rights on EC -Exception: mandatory recusal during vote on appeal re-hearing - 802.20 Web Site is frozen but accessible to all - 802.20 Email reflector is frozen - Appeals continue per original schedule - Input from 802 members invited by SASB (see following slides) June 2006 SA Standards Board Actions

56 56 Standards Board and 802.20 On June 15, Standards Board suspended operations of 802.20 –802.20 has been the subject of several appeals from the very beginning of the group, with four appeals now pending at one level or another –recent activity in the group appears to have become highly and unusually contentious –concern over lack of transparency, possible dominance, and other irregularities in the Working Group –Standards Board will continue its inquiry and will make decisions at its September meeting

57 57 Standards Board and 802.20 Submissions Invited –Standards Board invites interested persons to submit relevant factual information on 802.20, its operation, and its interaction with other groups and organizations –2500-word limit per submission –Email to 802_comments@ieee.org Rules for Submissions –Anonymous submissions will not be accepted or considered –Submitters must provide –individuals name title, email, telephone and address –employer name and the name (if different from employer) of any individual or entity that is directly or indirectly funding the individuals submission or that has funded the submitters participation in 802

58 58 Standards Board and 802.20 Use of Information –IEEE-SA is inviting information to assist the Standards Board in its inquiry but may use for other purposes –IEEE-SA will determine whether information is disclosed or sources are identified –Submitters may request confidentiality but IEEE-SA will make final decision

59 59 IEEE Staff Introductions Karen Kenney: Associate Managing Director, Business Administration Susan Tatiner: Associate Managing Director, Technical Program Development Michael Kipness: Program Manager, Technical Program Development Michelle Turner: Program Manager, Document Development Susan Vogel: Manager, Technical Committee Programs Jennifer McClain: Managing Editor, Standards Information and Industry Publishing Bob LaBelle: Manager, Networks and Telecommunications Angela Weaver: Business Manager Penny Stanton: Electronic Balloting Specialist Christina Sahr: Technical Project Manager Kim Brietfelder: Manager, Standards Editing and Production Michelle Deluca: ???title???? Edward Rashba: Manager, New Technical Programs Bob Pritchard: Staff support for ISO/IEC JTC1 activities, Consultant Clyde Camp: Staff support for myballot and myproject, Consultant Michael Lindsay: IEEE SA Counsel

60 60 Awards IEEE Std 802.16e-2005 –Roger Marks, Brian Kiernan, Ron Murias, Jon Labs, Itzik Kitroser IEEE Std 802.1ad-2005 and IEEE Std 802.1Q-2005 –Tony Jeffree Michael J. Seaman Stephen Haddock IEEE Std 802.15.3b-2005 –John R. Barr, James D. Allen, James P. K. Gilb, John Sarallo IEEE Std 802.3-2005/Cor 1-2006 –Robert M. Grow, David Law 2007 IEEE Charles Proteus Steinmetz Award –Vic Hayes

61 61 Patent Policy ( see next four slides )

62 62 Instructions for the WG Chair At Each Meeting, the Working Group Chair shall: Show slides #1 and #2 of this presentation Advise the WG membership that: –The IEEEs patent policy is consistent with the ANSI patent policy and is described in Clause 6 of the IEEE-SA Standards Board Bylaws; –Early disclosure of patents which may be essential for the use of standards under development is encouraged; –Disclosures made of such patents may not be exhaustive of all patents that may be essential for the use of standards under development, and that neither the IEEE, the WG, nor the WG Chairman ensure the accuracy or completeness of any disclosure or whether any disclosure is of a patent that, in fact, may be essential for the use of standards under development. Instruct the WG Secretary to record in the minutes of the relevant WG meeting: –That the foregoing advice was provided and the two slides were shown; –That an opportunity was provided for WG members to identify or disclose patents that the WG member believes may be essential for the use of that standard; –Any responses that were given, specifically the patents and patent applications that were identified (if any) and by whom. (Not necessary to be shown) Approved by IEEE-SA Standards Board – March 2003 (Revised February 2006)

63 63 6. Patents IEEE standards may include the known use of essential patents and patent applications provided the IEEE receives assurance from the patent holder or applicant with respect to patents whose infringement is, or in the case of patent applications, potential future infringement the applicant asserts will be, unavoidable in a compliant implementation of either mandatory or optional portions of the standard [essential patents]. This assurance shall be provided without coercion. The patent holder or applicant should provide this assurance as soon as reasonably feasible in the standards development process. This assurance shall be provided no later than the approval of the standard (or reaffirmation when a patent or patent application becomes known after initial approval of the standard). This assurance shall be either: a) A general disclaimer to the effect that the patentee will not enforce any of its present or future patent(s) whose use would be required to implement either mandatory or optional portions of the proposed IEEE standard against any person or entity complying with the standard; or b) A statement that a license for such implementation will be made available without compensation or under reasonable rates, with reasonable terms and conditions that are demonstrably free of any unfair discrimination. This assurance is irrevocable once submitted and accepted and shall apply, at a minimum, from the date of the standards approval to the date of the standards withdrawal. IEEE-SA Standards Board Bylaws on Patents in Standards Slide #1 Approved by IEEE-SA Standards Board – March 2003 (Revised February 2006)

64 64 Inappropriate Topics for IEEE WG Meetings Dont discuss the validity/essentiality of patents/patent claims Dont discuss the cost of specific patent use Dont discuss licensing terms or conditions Dont discuss product pricing, territorial restrictions, or market share Dont discuss ongoing litigation or threatened litigation Dont be silent if inappropriate topics are discussed… do formally object. If you have questions, contact the IEEE-SA Standards Board Patent Committee Administrator at patcom@ieee.org or visit http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/index.html This slide set is available at http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/pat-slideset.ppt Slide #2 Approved by IEEE-SA Standards Board – March 2003 (Revised February 2006)

65 65 The (current) version of these slide can always be found at: http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/pat-slideset.ppt If you have questions, contact: IEEE-SA Standards Board Patent Committee Administrator at: patcom@ieee.org or visit http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/index.html

66 66 Treasurers report Hawkins

67 67 Policy and Procedure update Mat Sherman update

68 68 On Line Training Pat Thaler On line training is now live Newcomer training instituted this week

69 69 Tutorial Schedule MondayTuesday 1) PAR for 802.22 Rec. Practice 6:00-7:30PM sponsor: Carl Stevenson 4) CFI: form an 802.3 Study Group on: Higher Speed Ethernet 6:00-7:30PM sponsor: Bob Grow 2) Congestion Notification 7:30-9:00PM sponsor: Tony Jeffree 5) 802.21 Overview 7:30-8:00PM sponsor: Vivek Gupta 3) 10GBASE KR FEC compatible with 64/66 encoding 9:00-10:30 sponsor: Pat Thaler 6) Body Area Networks 9-10:30 PM sponsor: Bob Heile

70 70 EC meetings for the week held in Molly A/B Monday noon-1pmappeal re-hearing (Sherman) Tuesday noon-1pmEC executive session Tuesday 1-2pm JTC1 SC6 planning ad-hoc (Mills to chair) Tuesday 4-6pm Network Services Contract (Rigsbee) Wed 8-9amProject numbering discussion (Kipness) Wed 9-10am getIEEE 802 budget review (Hawkins) Wed 10-noonMeeting Planner Contract (Rigsbee) Wed 1-2:30pm 802 Task Force (Nikolich) Wed 2:30-3pmreserved (Nikolich) Wed 3-4pm Attendance SW and Document Management discussion (Rigsbee) Wed 4-5pmappeal hearing (Hawkins) Thurs 5-7pmopen office (802 Chair Paul Nikolich, Stds Board Chair Steve Mills, IEEE SA Past President Jim Carlo and IEEE Staff Karen Kenney)

71 71 IEEE and International Standards Steve Mills

72 72 Q&A Please step up to one of the microphones set up in the aisles to ask your questions

73 73 End of Opening Plenary Meeting

74 74 Paul Nikolich - IEEE 802 Chair EMAIL: p.nikolich@ieee.org Phone: 857.205.0050 (Cellular) Fax: 781.334.2255 Independent consultant in technology and new ventures working with YAS Broadband Ventures, LLC. in Andover MA Goals for IEEE 802 – 2006-2008 –Encourage the development of new standards work –Maintain IEEE802s outstanding track record of developing data communications standards that benefit society. –Ensure the imperative principals of due process, consensus, openness, balance and rights of appeal are implemented. –Increase the efficiency of the standards development process Plenary


Download ppt "1 July 2006 Opening EC Meeting 8 AM-10:30AM. 2 IEEE 802 ORGANIZATION 802.3 CSMA/CD Bob Grow 802.16 BWA Roger Marks 802.11 WLAN Stuart J. Kerry 802.1 BRIDGING/ARCH."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google