We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byJeremiah Haley
Modified over 2 years ago
Twenty Questions Subject:
1. A health facility purchases a mechanical lift the nursing assistant has never used before. The assistant should: Operate the lift only after being properly instructed on how to use it
2. Which of the following statements about the use of restraints without a doctor's order is true? They can be applied in an emergency if the doctor is notified afterwards
3. The cord on a heat lamp is frayed and you cannot find another heat lamp. You should: Make no attempt to use the heat lamp. Send it to be repaired
4. A patient has slid down in the bed. When assisting the patient to move up in the bed, the health care worker would tell the patient: "Bend your legs and press into the mattress with your heels."
5. All of the following are encessary to meet OSHA guidelines for fire extinguishers EXCEPT: All fire extinguishers must be displayed in a glass case.
6. Mr. Fairbanks is paralyzed on his RIGHT side and is admitted to the long-term care facility. For his safety, which of the following is MOST important? Placing the call bell on his left side
7. A health facility purchasing agent purchased three type ABC extinguishers. What is the best reason for purchasing this type? ABC extinguishers can be used on any type of fire
8. When dealing with fire safety as a health facility employee, you should know that: Fires need oxygen, fuel, and heat in order to start
9. Which of the following is true about incident reports? Unsafe conditions that might lead to accidents should be reported
10. Which statement is NOT TRUE about the use of good body mechanics? Makes it unnecessary to call for assistance from another health care worker
11. An incident report would be filed in all of the following situations EXCEPT when: A patient complains that his/her pain medication is not working
12. You are about to lift a box from the floor. You should: Bend at the knees and hips and lift with your leg muscles
13. While assisting a physician with a procedure, some blood is spilled on the oberbed table. what should the health assistant do? Clean the spill with a 1:10 dilution of bleach
14. Used needles, scalpels, and sharp instruments should be: Put in a puncture-resistant container immediately
15. Standard precautions are used for: All patients
16. The BEST way to identify a patient before giving care is to: Read the patient's ID bracelet
17. Restraints may be applied: To protect the patient from harming himself or others
18. When moving a patient up in bed, which action should be taken FIRST? Raise the bed to waist level
19. An incident/accident report should contain all of the following EXCEPT the: Person writing the report's opinion of what caused the incident
20. A registered nurse at Sheppard Memorial Hospital feels that working conditions are unsafe. Where should the nurse report his/her concerns FIRST? Nursing Supervisor
Safety 1.Give one reason why safety rules are important. 2.What is one safety rule you have in your home? 1.Give one reason why safety rules are important.
Work Related Injuries Training Module. Hi ! My name is Bill Moore. I want to talk briefly with you today concerning work related injuries.
EnvironmentalSafety 2.01 Understand safety procedures 1.
Who Wants To Win A MILLION DOLLARS? Hosted by Your Teacher Work.
Revision for B TEC level 2 in safe working handling.
The. of and a to in is you that it he for.
Fire and Environmental Safety To every patient, every time, we will provide the care that we would want for our own loved ones. Health, healing and hope.
Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007 (Service Users)-Part 1.
MERCER COUNTY SCHOOLS BLOODBORNE PATHOGEN TRAINING.
1 Copyright © 2011, 2007, 2003, 1999 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. Telephone Techniques Chapter 9.
1 Unit A: General Agricultural Machinery Lesson 4: Maintaining A Safe Environment around Agricultural Machinery.
Safety Promotion Basic Health Care; HCE100. Using Body Mechanics Ergonomics = adapt environment to good body mechanics Advantages to use body mechanics:
DANNA CORBELL PROGRAM ANALYST (VACO) MARK BAUMANN WC SPECIALIST VISN 9 My Employee is Injured..Now What?
POLST New Documentation for Patients & Quality Care I LLINOIS ’ S IDPH U NIFORM DNR A DVANCE D IRECTIVE.
American Red Cross Lesson 1 Before Giving Care Types of emergencies – Sudden illness Injury Emergencies are characterized by - Life-threatening Non-life-threatening.
Starting an Occupational Safety and Health Management System: Creating a plan 1.
I NTRO TO I LLINOIS ’ S NEW IDPH UNIFORM DNR A DVANCE D IRECTIVE POLST Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment Presented for Long Term Care by:
Emergency Evacuation of School Buses NHTSA School Bus Driver In-Service Safety Series.
1. 2 Medicines are Drugs A medicine or drug… –changes how your body works, or –treats or prevents a disease or symptom.
Twenty Questions Subject: CVS SYSTEM Twenty Questions
1 PowerPoint ® to accompany Chapter 9 Second Edition Ramutkowski Booth Pugh Thompson Whicker Copyright © The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. Permission required.
When Im at work: Solving problems. Have you had a problem at work? Do you wish you had handled it better? 2.
Who Are We? Michael Smith Heidi Alderton Health & Safety Service 15 Hours per Week at SOAS.
Of. and a to the in is you that it at be.
The. of and a to in is you that it he was.
JCAHO A Constant State of Readiness How to Encourage Staff to Become Engaged and Involved While Focusing on Patient Safety How to Encourage Staff to Become.
N e x t Northside Hospital-Atlanta Auxiliary Orientation.
Introduction to OSHA 2-hour Lesson Directorate of Training and Education OSHA Training Institute.
Lab Safety Why is Lab Safety Important? Lab safety is a major aspect of every lab based science class. Lab safety rules and symbols are needed so that.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.