We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAmber Jones
Modified over 4 years ago
Twenty Questions Subject: Skeletal
Twenty Questions 12345 678910 1112131415 1617181920
1.Catherine injured while ice skating. Her X- ray shows no signs of bone abnormality but her doctor feels she has damaged ligaments. Catherines diagnosis is a: Sprain
2. If you move from a sitting to a standing position, what type of joint movement occurs at the knee? Extension
3. As LaRhonda ages her bones will become more porous, lose calcium and phosphorus and be more likely to fracture. This condition is called: Osteoporosis
4. The medical term for the finger bones is: Phalanges
5. Poor posture can cause the lumbar spine to become swaybacked. The medical term for this condition is: Lordosis
6. During a fall from a tree, Tiny Tim fracture his tibia, and the bone broke through the skin. This type of fracture is known as a: Compound Fracture
7. During a routine school checkup, it is noted that Susans spine is curbed from side to side. This is called: Scoliosis
8. What lower arm bone is located on thumb side of the hand? Radius
9. Abnormal curvature of the thoracic spine causes a hunchback appearance. This disorder is known as: Kyphosis
10. The fluid that reduces the friction during joint movement is: Synovial fluid
11. The process of blood cell formation in the red bone marrow of bones is called: Hemopoiesis
12. Dense bone is called compact bone and porous bone is called: Spongy bone
13. One function of the skeletal system is the storage of: Calcium
14. Chewing involves the use of which movable skull bone? Mandible
15. The areas where cranial bones join together to form immovable joints are called: sutures
16. What type of joint allows the greatest freedom of movement? Ball-and-socket joints
17. What type of movement occurs when you turn your head from side to side to say no Rotation
18. Lisa fell out of a tree and broke her clavicle. This bone injury is called a: Fracture
19. Mrs. Jones suffers from painful inflammation of her joints. This condition is known as: Arthritis
20.Which of the following is classified as a cranial bone? Occipital
OBHS Physical Education
0 - 0.
MULT. INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
Twenty Questions Subject: Twenty Questions
Addition 1’s to 20.
Mr. Gerlach’s 7th Grade Health Education
The Skeletal System Copyright © 2003 Pearson Education, Inc. publishing as Benjamin Cummings.
Skeletal System 206 bones in the body.
Disorder of the Bones and Joints…. Trauma Fracture- any break in bone Closed or simple fracture – bone broken, broken ends do not break the skin Treatment.
THE SKELETAL SYSTEM Chapter 24 B.
Chapter 6 Skeletal System.
SKELETAL & MUSCULAR SYSTEMS
Chapter 7:2 Skeletal System.
Disorder of the Bones and Joints…. Arthritis- inflammation of one or more joints… Rheumatoid Arthritis chronic, autoimmune disease-joints become swollen.
Section 36-1 The Skeletal Systems.
Mrs. Schenfield 8th Grade Life Science
© 2018 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.