We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byJulian Jensen
Modified over 3 years ago
Twenty Questions Integumentary System
Twenty Questions 2345 678910 1112131415 1617181920
1. An inflammation of the skin that produces a rash caused by coming in contact with a substance or stress is: Dermatitis
2. What part of the integumentary system would undergo the GREATEST change if a person eats an excessive amount of food in a three month period of time?? Subcutaneous layer
3. What type of burn involves complete destruction of the epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous layer? Third degree
4. What muscle causes the skin to pucker around a hair when exposed to a sudden chill? Arrector pili
5. The layer of skin that contains the blood vessels, nerves, glands and hair follicles is the: Dermis
6. When topical medication is applied to the skin, which function of the skin is being utilized? Absorption
7. T/F The skin helps in the production of vitamin C by using ultraviolet rays from the sun to form an initial molecule of vitamin C that matures in the liver. False
8. Sebaceous glands secrete an oil for hair and skin called: Sebum
9. What disorder of the integumentary system causes potential infection of a newborn baby? Genital herpes
10. T/F Sudoriferous glands usually open into hair follicle False
11. Any changes in an existing wart or mole may be a sign of: Melanoma
12. The outer layer of the hair shaft is the: Cortex
13. Whats the pigment that gives color to the skin? Melanin
14. Whats the outermost layer of the epidermis? Stratum corneum
15. What is the function of the skin? Protection from germ invasion
16. T/F The skin is a membrane, organ, and system. True
17. When a normal hair is replaced by a very short, transparent hair, what condition results? Alopecia
18. T/F Athletes foot is a contagious viral infection that usually affects the feet. True
19. Sweat glands are found primarily in or on the: Axilla
20. T/F Papillae help form fingerprints and footprints True
Brittany Cummings Integumentary System. What is the function of the ridges produced by papillae? A. So that something on the body can be fingerprinted.
Integumentary System Skin, Hair, and Nails. Layers of the Skin!!! FIRST the EPIDERMIS… 1.Stratum Corneum- Outer layer of epidermis. Made of hard nonliving.
SKIN Health Science Technology I Dr. Halbert
Chapter 5 Integumentary System.
The Integumentary System
Skin Identification Unit 4.
PowerPoint Lecture Outlines to accompany
Twenty Questions Subject: Twenty Questions
NOTES – INTEGUMENTARY SYSTEM PART 3
Disorders of the Integumentary System. ACNE Common and chronic disorder of sebaceous glands Sebum plugs pores area fills with leukocytes Also – blackheads,
CHAPTER 9 INTEGUMENTARY SYSTEM
Allied Health I. INTEGUMENTARY SYSTEM Skin = Integument = Cutaneous Membrane 7 Functions: –1.Protective covering –2.Regulates body temperature –3.Manufactures.
JEOPARDY INTEGUMENTARY SYSTEM SKIN SKIN AGAINACCESSORY ORGANS SKIN DISORDERS MISC
Integumentary System The Skin. 3 Main Layers of Tissue 1.Epidermis – outermost layer of the skin Made up of 5 smaller layers No blood vessels or nerve.
Skin and Somatic Receptors. Epidermis Epidermal Layers Stratum Corneum Stratum Lucidum Stratum Granulosum Stratum Spinosum Stratum Basale (Melanin.
Integumentary System Ch Functions of the Skin: 1. Prevent water loss. 2. Protects from injury & infection. 3. Helps to regulate body temperature.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.