Presentation on theme: "explorer, film star, astronaut, director, detective, president rock and roll, basketball player, scientist Fill the blank with the words of the box."— Presentation transcript:
explorer, film star, astronaut, director, detective, president rock and roll, basketball player, scientist Fill the blank with the words of the box.
A: Are you fond of reading books? B: Yes. I spend much time reading biographies( ) of great people. Last week, I read a book about Lincoln, a great US _________. A: I love reading books about great people, too. I am reading a book written by Xu Xiake. He was the greatest traveler and _________in history, I think. B: I like reading magazines and newspapers as well. I read two reports yesterday. One is about Steven Chow. He is my favourite _________. He created many interesting characters. The other is about Cui Jian. He is famous for his _____________. He is a pioneer( ) in music. president explorer film star rock and roll
A: Cui Jian is one of my favorite musicians. I like his music. And I am also crazy about sports. I watched a report of Kobe Bryant yesterday. He is a talented __________________and has won several titles. B: There are so many people in history. I want to be famous, I want to be a successful _________when I grow up. I wish I would be the first Chinese to step onto Mars! A: Maybe you would. But its hard to realize this dream. I just want to be a _________and solve crimes. Or maybe I can be a _________and make films. I wish I could win an Oscar. I also dream to be a _________as great as Albert Einstein. B: I think we really dream big! basketball player astronaut detective director scientist
, 1 He is the tallest man __________________. 2. Paul _________________________an actor called Paul? I have ever seen Have you ever heard of
3. Do you know _________________________? 4. I wonder who ______________________________. who invented the first camera made Tai ji so popular in the world.
5. Xena astronomer I dont know __________________________________ ___. 6. Kafu Kafu is a Brazilian footballer ________________________________. if he was the astronomer who discovered Xena who played in the World Cup four times.
1.Can you tell me what your __________ ( ) number is? Is it CA5543? 2.Look up! Can you see an __________ flying above the clouds? flight aeroplane
3.My dream is to become a __________ when I grow up, though it is not easy. 4.He used to be in the __________ for years. He said he missed the blue sea. 5.As a Chinese _________, I will devote all my life to my motherland. pilot navy citizen
Questions: 1.Where was Marie Curie born? 2.What did she study in France? 3.What were she and her husband famous for? 4.How many times did she receive the Nobel Prize? In the city of Warsaw Poland. Mathematics and physics The discovery of radium. Twice.
Listening A3 I think Marie Curie is the greatest scientist that has ever lived! She was from _____________. When she was 24, she went to _________to study _____________ and _______________. She met her _________Pierre Curie, a ____________ there. They got married in The couple won a ____________ in 1903 for the discovery of ___________________, but that was not the end of the story. In 1911 Marie Curie got her________________________, but sadly, Pierre was not there to share the prize with her --- he died in an accident in ___________. Warsaw in Poland Paris mathematics physics husband Frenchman Nobel Prize radium second Nobel Prize 1905
Filling in the blanks in Part A1 Answers: Warsaw 3. the youngest 4. Science 5. music Teacher 8. Paris 9. mathematics 10. Physics 11.Frenchman 12.discovering traffic accident th July
Speak up: talking about famous people Listening and answering 1.Who does Simon admire most? 2. Why does he admire him most? 3. What about Millie ? And why?
Work in pairs and act the dialogue out. A:Who do you think is the greatest person? B: A:Why do you admire him/her most? B: ……
1. Do you know who is the first woman __________ (reach) the top of the South Pole? 2. I hope to take __________ (drive) lessons this summer. I dream to own a car to school every day. to reach driving
3. Do you know who ___________ (select) to be the first astronaut in space? 4. It is __________ (good) late than never. Thank goodness, he appeared in the end. was selected better
5. Many young people now volunteer to work in the __________ (west) part of China these days. 6. Do you know how many astronauts ______________ (step) onto the moon in the last forty years? western have stepped
7. Some scientists are taking a __________ (far) research on medicine to cure SARS. 8. When I was young, I often ____________(warn) not to talk to strangers. further was warned
9. We cant enjoy our __________ (free) until the final exam is over. 10. They will go on a journey of __________(explore) into the desert next week. Lets wish them good luck. freedom exploration
11. He did make his way back to his home __________ (successful) in the end. 12. I am __________ (true) excited at the good news he brought us. successfully truly