Presentation on theme: "The Promotional Mix. 1. Advertising Print Media Online Advertising Broadcast Media Transit Media – found on public transportation Outdoor advertising."— Presentation transcript:
1. Advertising Print Media Online Advertising Broadcast Media Transit Media – found on public transportation Outdoor advertising – outdoor signs/billboards
2. Personal Selling Requires that a company employ sales reps who generate and maintain direct contact with prospects and customers Personal meeting Telemarketing
3. Direct Marketing Targeting towards a specific group of people Regular mail to homes or businesses E-mail Typically making special offers, coupons, discounts, etc. Can-Spam Act (2003) – senders of unsolicited commercial emails must give recipients a way to ‘opt out’
4. Sales Promotion All marketing activities that are used to stimulate purchasing and sales Increases sales, customer awareness and positive business image
5. Public Relations Bridges the gap between an organization and the public Creates a favorable image Encourages community service/outreach Shares news about the organization with the public (publicity) – unlike advertising, publicity is free! Can be towards employees, customers or the general public
News Release Announcement sent to an appropriate media outlet (newspapers, news stations, etc.) Can include information about product/service facilities employees events Etc.