Presentation on theme: "PreAP Chem 4.15.09 Go over Ksp wkst Buffers What to expect on the test Homework."— Presentation transcript:
PreAP Chem 4.15.09 Go over Ksp wkst Buffers What to expect on the test Homework
What to expect on the test Only covers Sec 21.2 5 Multiple Choice 5 Problems Will a salt create an acidic, basic or neutral solution? Buffers, what are they are what are they made of? Ksp calculations, will a precipitate form based on Ksp Hydrolysis of salts Blood buffers
Practice / Review Problems 1. Write a balanced equation for the neutralization reaction between sodium hydroxide and acetic acid. a. Will the salt from this equation cause the solution to be acidic, basic or neutral?
2. Using the following equilibrium reaction: H 2 O (l) + CO 2(g) H 2 CO 3(aq) H + (aq) + HCO 3 - (aq) a. Explain what happens to the pH of the blood when you hold your breath. b. What happens to the pH of your blood when you hyperventilate?
3. Which 2 substances are present in a buffer?
4. Which of the following would NOT make a good buffer? Why? a. Bicarbonate ion and carbonic acid b. Hydrochloric acid and chloride ion c. Ammonia and ammonium ion d. Acetic acid and acetate ion
5. What is the Ksp of a lead (II) iodide solution if the solubility is 0.019 M? HINT: First, write a balanced equation
6. Find the solubility of AgCl at 25 o C when the K sp is equal to 1.8 x 10 -10.
7. Will a precipitate form when 0.010 mol Pb(NO 3 ) 2 is mixed with 0.0010 mol Na 2 S in 1.0 L of solution? (K sp = 4.5 x 10 -9 )