1. Objective - Network Common for Asia Future Internet Community - Network of Excellence
2. Activities Education Event Testbed Joint Project Working Group
2.1 Education Courses Academic Course (semester course) One-Week Course(AsiaFI School) Tutorial (half ~ two day course) Ph.D Thesis Database on Ph.D students Database on Professors Database on Research Groups Database on Scholarships Collaboration on Ph.D thesis supervision
2.2 Event Annual Conference (jointly with national organizations) Workshops
2.3 Testbed Coordination of wired and wireless testbeds
2.4 Joint Project Provides a common to facilitate joint project development
2.5 Working Group Complimentary to national effort The two working groups initially; Architecture & Buildin Blocks WG Mobile & Wireless WG
3. Organization Structure General Assembly Board Steering Group Education Committee WGs Secretariat
4. Meeting (2008~2009) 2008.1 AsiaFI Meetings Honolulu 2008.2 AsiaFI School on Mobile & Wireless Network Seoul 2008.6 International Conference on Future Internet Seoul(with FIF) 2008.8 AsiaFI School on Architecture & Building Blocks Jeju 2008.10 Workshop on Fundamental Issues of Future Internet Qingdao 2009.1 AsiaFI School on Mobile & Wireless Network Beijing 2009.3 APAN-AsiaFI Joint Workshop Kaohsiung 2009.6 International Conference on Future Internet Seoul 2009.8 AsiaFI School on Architecture & Building Blocks Jeju
5. Initial Staffing (2008~2010) Board Steering Group Education Committee Working Groups Architecture & Building Block WG Mobile & Wireless Network WG Secretariat
6. Remark/Issue 1.AsiaFI activity requires bigger overhead than national activity, and AsiaFI needs to concentrate on areas where return on investment is very good. We should also make AsiaFI effort more productive to offset the overhead. 2. We need to look into synergy(and symbios) among major participants. 3. We may put high priority on graduate education at AsiaFI in order to develop the next generation researchers for future internet (long term research). 4. We may look into fair share on open research on the future internet. 5. Many people are very busy, and we have to take this factor into consideration. 6. Many researchers dont know their peers in other countries, and it may take much effort to build good human networks.
Appendix 1: AsiaFI Participants 14 Countries 45 Institutions 150 Participants 110 Students
Appendix 2: 2008 Mobile/Wireless School Participants 4 Countries 20 Universities/Institutions 19 Students with Presentation 64 Participants(Students, Lecturers, Others) 133 Tutorial Participants(including Camp)
Appendix 3: 2008 Architecture School Participants 7 Countries 25 Students with Presentation 55 Participants(Students, Lecturers, Others) 175 Tutorial Participants(including Camp)
Appendix 4: Future Internet in China CNGI 2003~ 2008 CERNET2, CSTNET, China Telecom,.. IPv6-based Remark: Next phase(2009~ ) projects are under development now.
Appendix 5: Future Internet in Japan NWGN Project NICT with NWGN Forum(2007 ~ ) Companies NEC, NTT,… Universities Various universities with public funding WIDE Project Universities, Companies, Institutes,….
Appendix 6: Future Internet in Korea Future Internet Forum 2006 ~ International Conference, and Camps Working Groups Research Institute, Companies,… Working on project development Universities Funding by the government
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.