1. Which is the national flag of Canada? A. B. C. Q D.
2. What is the capital of Canada? A. B. Vancouver Toronto C. D. Calgary Ottawa
3. What is the national animal of Canada? A. B. Beaver Grizzly bear C. D. Polar bear Penguin
4. What is the Canadian leader called? A.President B.Prime Minister C.Governor D.King
the French-speaking province ----Quebec languages Official languages: English and French the TV and radio in French; French restaurants; teaching in schools be done in French. Radio and television programmes in 80 languages across Canada.
Complete the sentences: 1. Canada encourages people to keep _________________. 2. Canada is a mixture of ____________ and races.mixture 3. If you live in the province of Quebec, youre_______________ French. their own customs expected to speak many cultures 4. Native Indians and Inuit are trying to _______________________. keep their languages alive Listening
5. More than ______ languages are used in radio and TV programmes. 80 6. The families_______________________ _______________ are usually all mixed up. who have lived in Canada for a long time 7.Is Canada a multicultural country? Yes.
Part1 (Para1-4) trip to Toronto Part2 (Para5-7) trip to Montreal Reading The True North From Toronto To Montreal Task 1: Skim the passage and divide it into _____ parts. Fast reading 2
Task 2: Please find out the mentioned time during their trip in this text. Fast reading
the next morning around noon late that night at dawn the next morning they spend the afternoon the night they saw beautiful maple trees and realized that fall had come. they arrived in Toronto. the train left. they arrived in Montreal. in the lovely shops and visiting the artists in their workplaces beside the water. the train was speeding down to the East Coast.
1. What can sometimes be seen from the CN Tower in Toronto? 2. Why is there good Cantonese food in Toronto? 3. Which language do people speak at the station? 4. What three things show us that Montreal is a French city? Task 3: Read the passage again and answer the following questions. Careful reading
1. What can sometimes be seen from the CN Tower in Toronto? The misty cloud that rises from Niagara falls. Because most of the Chinese people there come from the South China, especially Hong Kong. 2. Why is there good Cantonese food in Toronto?
French. 3. Which language do people speak at the station? Good coffee, good bread and good music, also the signs and ads are in French. 4. What three things show us that Montreal is a French city?
Places Information CN Tower very tall Niagara Falls misty cloud rose from it home of basketball teams Covered stadium (In Toronto: Para1--4) Careful reading Task 4: Detailed information
(In Montreal: Para 5--7) The feature of Old Montreal city: be close to __________ many _______ shops can visit artists in______________ lies on the ___________ river the water lovely their workplaces St Lawrence
Toronto is the most _______and _______ city in Canada. There is the tall ___ ______and the famous______ _____,which is beautiful with_____ cloud that _____from it. There is also a ________ stadium and three ___________where you can get good Cantonese food. Montreal has a French culture. People speak both _______ and English. There were _____and ____in French. Its nice to sit in a café, looking over the ______ St Lawrence River. wealthybiggest CN Tower Niagara Fallsmisty rises covered Chinatowns Frenchsigns ads broad Retell the passage and fill in the blanks.
Discussing and speaking: They saw in Canada: They heard in Canada: maple trees the CN towerNiagara Falls the covered stadium Chinatown the St Lawrence River get Cantonese food People speak French everywhere at the station signs and ads in French Most of people speak both English and French. The city has French culture and traditions. m CN N Ch sta ads St GD Fre most cult
Writing: Write a short report about what the two girls saw in Canada. Part1: Introduce your reports topic Part2: Present what they saw in Canada. Part3: Write a short conclusion
summary: Canada is a multicultural country, which is a mixture of many cultures and races.
Write a short passage to report what Li Daiyu and Liu Qian saw in Canada.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.