We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAlisha Hines
Modified over 5 years ago
Twenty Questions Electricity 1
Twenty Questions 12345 678910 1112131415 1617181920
1. State the relationship for current in a Series circuit. Current is the same at all points in a series circuit. I 1 = I 2 = I 3
2. What effect does increasing the resistance of a circuit have on the current? As resistance increases current decreases.
3. In which position is the voltmeter/ammeter? A V
4. Calculate the total resistance. 10Ω 20Ω 5Ω5Ω
5. Two identical bulbs are connected in series to a 9V battery. What is the voltage across each bulb? 9/2= 4.5V
6. Calculate the power dissipated in a 330 Ω resistor when a 5A current flows through it. P = I 2 R P = (5) 2 x 330 P = 8250W
7. Two identical 10Ω resistors are connected to a 9V supply. What is the current through each resistor? R = 10 + 10 = 20Ω I=V/R=9/20 I = 0.45A
8. State the relationship for voltage in a parallel circuit. Voltage in a parallel circuit is equal across each branch. V T = V 1 = V 2 = V 3
9. What is electrical power? The rate at which electrical energy is converted to other forms. Energy per second
10. What is the function of a variable resistor? To allow you to vary the current in a circuit.
11. Which resistor has a greater potential difference across it? The 7 Ω resistor. 9V 7Ω7Ω 6Ω6Ω
12. Calculate the voltage across the resistor. V s = V 1 + V 2 12 = 4 + V 2 V 2 = 8V 12V 4V
13. What is current? The rate of flow of electric charges around a circuit. The charge per second that passes a point.
14. What happens to the value of a resistor when the Voltage across it is increased? The resistance of a resistor remains constant.
15. Give a practical application of a variable resistor. Volume control on radio Temperature control on cooker Brightness control on a dimmer switch
16. What is the current through the bulb? I T = I 1 + I 2 4 = 3 + I 2 I 2 = 1A 4A 3A
17. What is the total resistance of a 20Ω & 30 Ω resistor in parallel?
18. Calculate the energy used by a 12V kettle in 2minutes if it draws 3A from it’s supply. P = IV = 3x12 = 36W E = Pt E = 36x2x60 E = 4320J
19. What formula relates power, voltage and resistance? P = V 2 /R
20. What is Voltage? The energy given to each charge in the circuit.
ConcepTest 1 Series Resistors I
S2 Science Our Physical World Part 3 Knox Academy Science Department 1. Introduction to static electricity By the end of lesson 1, pupils should be able.
Physics Review #1 LCHS Dr.E. A positive test charge is placed between an electron, e, and a proton, p, as shown in the diagram below. When the test charge.
Let us now use this realistic view of a battery in a simple circuit containing a battery and a single resistor. The electric potential difference across.
Worksheet: Circuits and Ohm’s Law
RC Circuits PH 203 Professor Lee Carkner Lecture 14.
Circuits Series and Parallel. Series Circuits Example: A 6.00 Ω resistor and a 3.00 Ω resistor are connected in series with a 12.0 V battery. Determine.
Parallel Resistors Checkpoint
Electricity refers to the presence of electric current in wires, motors, light bulbs, and other devices. Electricity carries power. Power (P)
Before we get started, let’s review: Describe a Series Circuit.
Resistors in Series and Parallel Circuits. Resistors in circuits To determine the current or voltage in a circuit that contains multiple resistors, the.
Energy Review. The unit for kinetic energy. Joule.
Series Circuits Series circuit: a circuit in which all parts are connected end to end to provide a single path for the current. Ammeters are always placed.
Electric Circuits with Multiple Loads Some electric devices, such as calculators, simple cameras, and flashlights, operate only one electric load.
The “Live Action” Physics Review Game Topic: Circuits.
ELECTRICITY REVIEW. Charges There are two types of charges- what are they? Positive and Negative Where do positive charges come from? Protons.
Twenty Questions Electronics. Twenty Questions
Physics Review #1 LCHS Dr.E. What is the voltage? 12Ω 36V 6Ω 2Ω 2Ω.
© 2020 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.