Presentation on theme: "1. David is a good teammate; he knows well how to work with _____.  A. both B. other C. another D. others 2. -- Which do you like better, jazz or."— Presentation transcript:
1. David is a good teammate; he knows well how to work with _____.  A. both B. other C. another D. others 2. -- Which do you like better, jazz or rock music? --______. I like country music.  A. Either B. Both C. Neither D. None 3. I knocked on the door, but _____ answered.  A. everybody B. anybody C. somebody D. nobody
4. We have made ___ clear to our students that they must not smoke. A. them B. us C. that D. it 5. Would you like a cake or a banana? ______ is OK. I really don't mind. A. Both B. None C. Either D. Neither 6. We find ____ a rule that people in the West give Christmas presents to their relatives and friends.  A. this B. that C. them D. it
1. [2008,2009,2010,2011] 2. It [2007,2009] this /that both/ either/ neither/ all/ any/ none other/ others/ another some.../ any.../ every.../ no...
what, which, who, whom, whose what, which, who. whom, whose which/that, who/whom/whose, as many, much, few, little,... each other, one another this/that, these/those
Imemyminemyself weusouroursourselves you youryoursyourself you youryoursyourselves sheher hersherself hehimhis himself it its itself theythemtheirtheirsthemselves
this/that, these/those China is bigger than the US. The size of China is larger than that of the US. Boys of senior high schools are usually higher than those of junior high schools. This is a book. That's a pen. This that that those --Tom isn't here today. He's ill. -- Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. The story goes like this: Yesterday, I... This/that / I can't jump that high. Is it this hot every day? Hello! This is Michael speaking. Is that Laura? this that
It 1. I dropped my watch and it broke. 2. There is a knock on the door. It must be the postman. 3. ---Whats this? ---Its a new machine. 4. Its too late to go there now. 5. It rained all day yesterday. 6. Its very important to remember this. 7. It's no use crying over spilt milk. 8. It is really a pity that you cannot come to the party. 9. I find it difficult to do the job well. 10. We think it no use complaining. 11. I think it best that you should stay here. It this/that It It to do, doing 13. It was the first time in a year and a half that I'd seen the night face to face. 14. Its been 5 years since I saw Tom last time. 15. It won't be long before we meet again. It 16. Believe in yourslef! You can make it! 17. If you have any question,just let me know. Got it? It I'd appreciate it if you can help me with my homework. 18. It was not until she took off her dark glasses that I realized she was a film star. It
( ) 1. some vs. any Do you have _____ question about this problem? You can turn to me for help at ____ time. If you have ____ further question, just put up your hand. I don't have ______ money at the moment. Could you lend me ______? ______ people are just early risers. any some any Some Some ________ Any _______ _______ _______
1. Wow!Youve got so many clothes. But ______ of them are in fashion now. A.allB.both C.neither D.none 2. Jane was asked a lot of questions,but she didnt answer_____of them. A.otherB.any C.noneD.some 3. Which of the two computer games did you prefer? Actually I didnt like. A.both of themB.either of them C.none of themD.neither of them 4.Could you please buy me an MP4 as well as a digital camera,Mum? You can choose ______,not both,my dear. A.eachB.any C.either D.none
2. both, either, neither both both of them,both of the books either either of the two books neither neither of the two boys 3. all, any, none all all the students all the water any any of us none / none of the books
4. other, others, the other another The manager believes prices will not rise by more than ______ four percent. A.any otherB.the other C.another D.other. There are two books on the desk. One is English, and the other is Maths. The other ( ) one Another Ask some other people! Some people came by car; others came on foot. Other Others other+ She had another cup of tea. Shes still got another three questions to answer.
other/ the other/ others/ the others/ another other the other ( ) others the others another
5. one The CDs are on sale! Buy one and you get _____ completely free. Lei Feng is a hero, a hero, I think, that will be remembered by Chinese forever. 1.one = a/ any + ones 2. one a CDone
1. -- I feel a bit thirsty. -- Why don't you have ______ water? A. some B. / C. any D. little 2. It showed me that the way of education in Canada is quite different from _____ in China. A. one B. it C. that D. those 3. ---Excuse me, I want to have my watch fixed, but I can't find a repair shop. --- I know _____ nearby. Come on, I'll show it to you. A. one B. it C. some D. that 4. --- Jenny, come and help me wash the dishes. --- Why _____? Susan is sitting on the sofa, doing nothing A. me B. she C. her D. I 5. We haven't enough books for _______; some of you will have to share. A. somebody B. anybody C. everybody D. nobody
6. I would appreciate ____ if you could answer my letter as soon as possible. A. / B. it C. that D. you 7. -- Which of the three ways shall I take to the village? --- _________ way as you please. A. Each B. Every C. Any D. Either 8. ________ in my life moved me so deeply as his offer when I was in trouble. A. Anything B. Everything C. Nothing D. Something 9. It is a rare chance. ________ of us wants to have a try. A. Every B. Each C. None D. All 10. I need some red ink badly, but there's ______ at hand. A. none B. a little C. nothing D. not
11. The two children have _______ in common and they are getting on well with each other. A. little B. much C. some D. none 12. ---Have you read the paper? --- Yes, but I don't think there's _____ new in it. A. something B. nothing C. anything D. things 13. ______ is hoped that one day some more research centers will be set up in our city. A. Everyone B. What C. That D. It 14. Treat _______ to a glass of drink after you have worked all day. A. one B. oneself C. yourself D. you 15. Her composition is better than _________. A. anyone's else's B. anyone else C. anyone else's D. anyone's else
1. _______ that's important is that you are doing your best and moving in the right direction. A. One B. All C. Everything D. Anything 2. --I ve read another book this week. --Well, maybe _____ is not how much you read but what you read that counts.  A. this B. that C. there D. it 3. – I d like some more cheese. – Sorry, there s ______ left.  A. some B. none C. a little D. few
4. --- He got his first book published. It turned out to be a bestseller. --- When was _____? --- _____ was in 2000 when he was still in college.  A. that;This B. this;It C. it;This D. that;It 5. If you can t decide which of the two books to borrow, why don t you take ______? I won t read them this week.  A. all B. any C. either D. both 6. We ve been looking for houses but haven t found ______ we like yet.  A. one B. ones C. it D. them 7. We had three sets of garden tools and we seemed to have no use for ______.  A. none B. either C. any D. each
Thanks for your attention! WPS Office Make Presentation much more fun
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.