Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byJudith Beasley Modified over 7 years ago
scanning Scan the text quickly and try to find the answers to the questions: (2’)
1. What cities are talked about in this passage? 2. Where are the two cities?
Rio stretches itself lazily along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean
Rio de Janeiro Kitzbuhel Kitzbuhel
Fast Reading (5’)
Q1: What is wanderlust? Q2: What does Cariocas mean? Q3: What is the best way to see downtown of Rio and what can you see? Q4: What is Rio famous for? Q5: What is Kitzbuhel famous for?
Q1: What is wanderlust? Q2: What does Cariocas mean? It is the urge to explore the world, or to travel. the people of Rio It refers to the people of Rio.
Q3: What is the best way to see downtown of Rio and what can you see? On foot. (You can see old and modern buildings and churches and dance halls)
Q4: What is Rio famous for? Copacabana (known as the princess of the sea), Carnival (which is a festival to celebrate the sun.)
Q5: What is Kitzbuhel famous for? Good weather, Breath-taking scenery and world-class ski resort.
The whole structure of the passage Destinations Foreword para1 Rio de Janeiro Para2-5 Kitzbuhel Para6-8
Rio de Janeiro Para2-5 Para 2_______________ Para 3_______________ Para 4_______________ Para 5_______________ General introduction Downtown Rio Copacabana Carnival
Kitzbuhel Para6-8 Para 6_______________ Para 7_______________ Para 8_______________ General introduction Downhill slopes Other entertainment
Q1: Which of the following is true? A.Copacabana is close to a century old. B.All beaches are not far away from downtown Rio. C.To take a bus back to downtown Rio is not a good idea after a long time in the sun on the beach of Princess of the Sea
Read Para 4-5 and finish the exercises.
Q2: The best time to visit Rio de Janeiro is___. Janeiro is___. ____ is also good because of ____ is also good because of ___. ___. A.in June and July because it is the summer time in Rio; March; Carnival B. in June and July because it is winter in Rio; March; a festival in celebration of the sun. C. in June and July because it is cold in Rio; March; a famous festival
Read Para 6-7 and answer the questions
Q1: What can tourists do in Kitzbuhel? Q2: What kind of place is Kitzbuhel? go skiing; try downhill slopes; watch downhill race; take a walk around a paradise for skiers ; good weather and breath-taking scenery; enjoy a variety of entertainment; a lively mix of old village culture and the excitement of an international tourist area.
Downtown Rio-----the city’s cultural & historical heart & the perfect place for a walk as well A walk through downtown is a history lesson & an adventure. many tall office buildings-- -an important commercial city
1 most famous of all beaches; 2 a few bus stops from downtown; 3 known as the Princess of the Sea 4 a history of 100 years; 5 clean & over 10 miles long Copacabana
a paradise for skiers a world-class ski resort
good weather breath-taking scenery
home to one of the most challenging and exciting downhill slopes in the world
well-known for its many inexpensive ski schools offer many shops and cafes and a wide variety of entertainment
A comparison of the two cities
BrazilAustria On the coast of Atlantic Ocean In southern Austria Big hearts and friendliness Friendliness Downtown Rio, Copacabana, Carnival World-class ski resort, old village culture June or July winter
1.Why do many people spend much time and money on trips? A.They have enough time and money. B. they have the strong desire to travel. C. there are many places of interest in the world. D. they have nothing to do
2. Which statement is true according to the text? A. Rio de Janeiro is on the west coast of Brazil. B. The ski schools are very expensive in Kitzbuhel. C. the altitude of Kitzbuhel brings much snow every year. D. Copacabana was built one hundred years ago.
3. In the text, “we get the itch for traveling “ probably means ___________. A.We have enough time to travel B. we have a strong desire to travel C. we want to travel D. we spend so much time and money on trips
4. The best season for people to visit Rio is _______________ A.Spring B. summer C. autumn D. winter 5. What can visitors not do in Kitzbuhel? A.Swim B. Dive C. Dance D. Ski
6. Which of the following suggestions is reasonable for a Chinese who wants to travel? A.Going to Rio for the world famous festival,Carnival, in June. B. Having a walk in downtown Copacabana. C. going to Austria for the most challenging skiing in winter. D. doing nothing but skiing in Kitzbuhel.
1. Read the passage at least three times; 2. Finish Exx in Practising on P111; Homework
a feast for the eyes A walk through downtown Rio is a history lesson. Downtown Rio is the city’s cultural and historical heart, if walking in downtown Rio, you can see some old buildings and churches … should you have enough energy left (have a lot of) pleasant (things )to look at if you are not tired
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc.
All rights reserved.