Presentation on theme: "“E-marketing” Academic Year 2015. Marketing and E-marketing Marketing - Management process responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer."— Presentation transcript:
Marketing and E-marketing Marketing - Management process responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements profitably eMarketing - the application of marketing principles and techniques via electronic media and more specifically the Internet / process of marketing a brand using the Internet. eMarketing encompasses all the activities a business conducts via the worldwide web with the aim of attracting new business, retaining current business and developing its brand identity. The terms eMarketing, Internet marketing and online marketing, are frequently interchanged, and can often be considered synonymous.
Marketing Strategy and Plan Marketing Strategy - marketing strategy is an explanation of the goals you need to achieve with your marketing efforts. (What) Your marketing strategy is shaped by your business goals. Your business goals and your marketing strategy should go hand-in-hand. Marketing Plan - marketing plan is how you are going to achieve those marketing goals. (How) it's the application of your strategy a roadmap that will guide you from one point to another.
Example: Your marketing strategy consists of: The "what" has to be done. Inform consumers about the product or service being offered. Inform consumers of differentiation factors. Your marketing plan consists of: The "how" to do it. Construct marketing campaigns and promotions that will achieve the "what" in your strategy. Your implementation consists of: Taking action to achieve items identified in marketing strategy and marketing plan.
Online marketing and its strategies Form of marketing that combines the traditional marketing principles with the interactive capabilities of internet Different online marketing strategies include: – Search Online Optimization – Viral Marketing – Associate/Affiliate Programs
SEO and viral Marketing Search Engine Optimization The process of preparing web pages to be submitted and ranked high in Search Engines Viral Marketing Any strategy that encourages individuals to pass on marketing message to others, creating the potential for growth in message’s exposure and influence
Associate/Affiliate Programs Internet based marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate’s marketing efforts. Affiliate marketing is a working relationship whereby a merchant (online shop or advertiser) has consumer driven to it by adverts on an affiliate (website)
E-marketing planning A plan to achieve the marketing objectives of the e-business strategy Needed in addition to a broader e-business strategy to detail how the sell-side specific objectives of the e-business strategy will be achieved through marketing activities such as marketing research and marketing communications.
SOSTAC framework Developed by Paul Smith Stage involves: 1.Situation – where are we now? 2.Objectives – where do we want to be? 3.Strategy – how do we get there? 4.Tactics – how exactly do we get there? 5.Action – what is our plan? 6.Control – did we get there?
1. Situation analysis Where are we now? Environment analysis and review of internal processes and resources to inform strategy. The aim of situation analysis is to understand the current and future environment in which the company operates in order that the strategic objectives are realistic in light of what is happening in the marketplace.
2. Objectives / Setting objective Where do we want to go or want to be? – Business Mission? – Business Objectives? – Marketing Objectives? – Marketing Communication Objectives? – SMART Test for Objectives
3. Strategy / Strategy definition How do we get there? The strategy element of an e-marketing plan defines how e-marketing objectives will be achieved. Strategy definition has to be tightly integrated into the e-marketing planning process since e- marketing planning is an iterative process from situation analysis to objective setting to strategy definition
Focus of strategy definition Investment and commitment to online channels Market and Product positioning Target market strategies Change management strategies
Target market strategies Evaluation and selection of appropriate segments and the development of appropriate offers. Stages: – Segmentation: How do we want to divide up the market? – Target marketing: Which segments of the market do we wish to focus upon? – Positioning: How do we want to be perceived in each different target segment?
Stages of target marketing Segmentation: How do we want to divide up the market? Targeting: Which segments of the market do we wish to focus upon? Positioning: How do we want to be perceived in each different target segment?
4. Tactics / Tactical Plan How do we Implement the strategy? – Which communication tools are we going to use? – How are we going to use them? – What message do we wish to communicate? – Are we being consistent across different tools and messages? – Do we have the necessary resources/ budget?
Focus of tactical plan Product: Creating new core and value for customers, options for migrating brand online Promotion: Specify balance of online and offline promotion methods Price: Discounting online sales, options for setting pricing, new pricing options e.g. auctions Place: Disintermediation and reintermediation People, Process and physical evidence: Online service delivery through support and characteristics of web site
5. Action Plan Who, What, When? – Who is going to do what? – When are they going to do it? – What is the resource allocation for action? – What are the key performance measurements? – How is performance going to be measured?
6. Control How do we monitor performance? The control element of the e-marketing plan can be achieved through a combination of traditional techniques such as: – marketing research to obtain customer views and opinions and novel techniques such as analysis of web-server log files that use technology to monitor whether objectives are achieved