We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byDerek Parsons
Modified over 3 years ago
Howdy and welcome to our game show!! Our contestants will be given questions, and their job is to come up with the answers.
Meet the Contestants Always click the buttons to get around in the show. When you are ready for Final Jeopardy, click on any Category Heading.
Hot & Cold Vocabulary Practice Using Tools 1 10 Points 2 20 Points 3 30 Points 4 40 Points 5 50 Points 6 10 Points 11 10 Points 16 10 Points 21 10 Points 7 20 Points 12 20 Points 17 20 Points 22 20 Points 8 30 Points 9 40 Points 10 50 Points 13 30 Points 18 30 Points 23 30 Points 14 40 Points 19 40 Points 24 40 Points 15 50 Points 20 50 Points 25 50 Points Mixtures & Solutions Matter Potpourri
1.What are the three states of matter?
Categories 1. Solid, liquid, and gas
2. If a crayon is placed between the two wires in the circuit below, the bulb will not glow. This happens because the crayon is a/an.
Categories 2. insulator
3. A metal can and a plastic bottle both contain juices that are the same temperature. If left on the table, the juice in the metal container will get warm faster, because metal is a good of thermal energy.
3. conductor Categories
4. Which of the objects pictured below have a relative density less than that of water? How do you know?
Categories 4. Clay boat, plastic duck and plastic glass; they float
5. Solubility is the ability of one ingredient to dissolve in another ingredient. What common substance has the following physical properties? Solid White crystals Tastes sweet Is soluble in water
Categories 5. Sugar
6. What is the freezing point of water on the Celsius scale?
6. 0°C Categories
7. What is the melting point of frozen water (ice) on the Celsius scale?
Categories 7. 0°C
8. What is the boiling point of water on the Celsius scale?
Categories 8. 100°C
9. When water freezes, it changes from a to a.
Categories 9. liquid to a solid
10. Which constant point of water is shown on the thermometer?
Categories 10. Boiling point
11. A student mixes some flour and sugar together in a bowl. Explain why this is a mixture but NOT a solution.
Categories 11. Something must dissolve in order to have a solution, the two ingredients just mix together.
12. A student has five samples of matter: salt, gravel, wood chips, sugar, and iron filings. Which two samples would mix with water to form solutions?
Categories 12. The salt and the sugar would dissolve in water to form solutions.
13. Sugar is added to a glass of water and stirred. What happened to the sugar?
Categories 13. The sugar dissolved.
14. What conclusion can you draw from the graph below?
Categories 14. More salt will dissolve in hot water than in cold water.
15. Which physical properties make it easy to separate a mixture of sand and paper clips?
Categories 15. Paper clips are attracted to a magnet, but sand is not.
16.What is a combination of two or more ingredients that do not mix together to form a new substance called?
Categories 16. A mixture
17. What does one ingredient do when it breaks into small parts and spreads out evenly in another ingredient?
Categories 17. dissolves
18. What is the name of a special mixture in which one ingredient dissolves in another?
Categories 18. Solution
19. Different substances can combine to form mixtures and solutions. What is another word for these substances?
Categories 19. Ingredients
20. What is a characteristic of matter that can be observed, measured or changed without changing the matter itself called?
Categories 20. A physical property
21. What tool would be used to measure the volume of a liquid?
Categories 21. Beaker or graduated cylinder
22. What tool would be used to measure the mass of matter?
Categories 22. Balance (triple beam, pan etc.) or a spring scale
23. What tool could be used to separate a mixture of aluminum and iron nails?
Categories 23. A magnet
24. A student combined salt and water. What tool can be used to separate the salt and the water quickly?
Categories 24. A hot plate
25. What physical property of sand allows you to use a filter to separate it from a sand/water mixture?
Categories Sand does not dissolve in water. It is insoluble. 25. Click here to go to the last question.
Click here for the Final Jeopardy Question.
26. What is the main difference between a solution and a mixture that is not a solution? Make your wager and then click here.
26. In a solution, one ingredient dissolves in another. In a mixture that is not a solution, no ingredients dissolve. And the winner is…
Geniuses Smarties Know-it-Alls Click on the Team With The Most Earnings!
Geniuses!!!! Show’s Over!
Know-it-Alls!!! Show’s Over!
Smarties!!! Show’s Over!
Hope you enjoyed the show. See you next time!! Exit
Category B Team Scores Category D Team Scores Category E Team Scores 10 20 30 40 50 10 20 30 40 50 30 40 50 Category C Team Scores Category A Team Scores
Category B Answers Category D Answers Category E Answers 1 2 3 4 5 1111 2222 3 4 5 333 444 555 Category C Answers Category A Answers
Category B Questions Category D Questions Category E Questions 1 2 3 4 5 1111 2222 3 4 5 333 444 555 Category C Questions Category A Questions
States of Matter.
Elements and their Combinations
What are conductors and insulators?
Instructions for using this template. Remember this is Jeopardy, so where I have written “Answer” this is the prompt the students will see, and where.
How matter changes Chapter 5.
Using Physical Properties and Physical Changes to Separate Mixtures
JEOPARDY with your host JEOPARDY! Magnetism States of Matter Mixtures and solutions Solubility and density Conductor and Insulators.
Physical Properties Does it Matter?. Magnetism Matter that contains iron or nickel will be attracted to a magnet. Not all metals are attracted to a magnet.
1.How could you measure the volume of a marble with a graduated cylinder? A. Drop the marble in a cylinder with water and read the scale B. Measure the.
Physical Properties Does it Matter?.
Catalyst – November [prime # between 8 & 13] Resume, P/C Change HW Out Please 1. Which of the following is evidence of a CHEMICAL change? crumpling aluminum.
Matter Types of Energy Science Tools
Mystery Detectives Physical Science Question 1- Which question below will result in an experiment that can be tested reliably? *A. How does changing.
Science Howdy and welcome to our game show!! Our contestants will be given answers, and their job is to come up with the questions.
NEXT Physical Properties States of Matter Mixtures Solutions Ch. 1 Vocab. This & That Team One.
TEKS 5.5C The student knows tht matter has measurable physical properties and those properties determine how matter is classified, changed, and used. The.
© Mark E. Damon - All Rights Reserved Another Presentation © All rights Reserved.
The Nature of Matter Benchmark SC.A The student determines that the properties of materials (e.g., density and volume) can be compared and measured.
What are some physical properties of matter? Color Texture Odor Conducts heat Conducts electricity Magnetic Floats or sinks Solubility.
© 2019 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.