2Cut along dashed lines to create 5 flaps FoldableFront CoverFold Paper in HalfHamburger StyleOcean Life ZonesCut along dashed lines to create 5 flaps
3Foldable Ocean Life Zones Intertidal Zone Neritic Zone Turn your foldable sideways and label the sectionsOcean Life ZonesBenthic ZoneBathyal ZoneAbyssal Zone
41. Intertidal Zone Between high and low tide lines Changes a lot between water and dry land = Difficult for animals and plants to survive because they must be able to live outside of waterTo avoid being washed out to sea, organisms (plants and animals) must attach themselves to the ground
52. Neritic Zone Plenty of sunlight Low water pressure Constant temperatureLOTS of organisms live here!
63. Pelagic Zone (sunlight zone) Means “open sea” (Greek = “pelagos” Water is deeper hereAt the surface, there is lots of lightDown below, the water gets colder and the water pressure increases
74. Bathyal Zone 4. Bathyal Zone (twilight zone) Below the pelagic zone At the bottom of this zone, there is no sunlight = There are no plants that grow Harder for animals to live here
85. Abyssal Zone 5. Abyssal Zone (midnight zone) NO sunlight reaches this zoneSome animals produce their own lightLittle food is availableVery high water pressureWater temperature is very low/cold