Agenda 1. About Game Insight 2. Why Android 3. Market Opportunity 4. Emerging Markets 5. Secrets to success
1. About Game Insight Founded: 2010 Business focus: Mobile and social games development Business activity: Development and publishing Platforms: Android, iOS, Facebook and others Founded in 2010, Game Insight is a fast growing gaming company with focus on both development and publishing of top-quality titles. Original IPs are created and developed by Game Insight’s internal network of more than 300 developers, with external publishing opportunities for valued partner studios. The company is headquartered in Moscow, Russia with additional publishing offices in San Francisco, CA. Find more information on Game Insight at the official Web site: http://www.game-insight.com/http://www.game-insight.com/ Best games in the world are FREE!
2. Why Android Largest global market share (68% in Q2 2012) Fastest device penetration (e.g. Android grew from 70% in Q1 to 81% in Q2 in China only, which is 27% of global market and grew to 51% market share in US only) Best environment for “free-to-play” games, which is “new future” No approval time “Fragmentation” is a new opportunity Source: Canalys Source: TechCrunch Source: Google, Inc.
3. Market opportunity Source: Newzoo Premium and IAP revenue will grow to $6.7 billion in 2012 from $4.5 billion in 2011 Freemium games are accounted for more than 68% of app revenue Low market entrance cost – develop for right devices 137.66MM Android tablets will be sold in 2012, up from 61.68MM in 2011 Between 3.5% to 10% free to play users will convert to paying users User spend an average $14 per transaction when making IAP Average spend of $62 IAP is made by 23% of users Mobile game market is expected to increase to $17.6B in 2015
4. Emerging markets China Brazil India Turkey Russia Asia and Europe is expected to account for 87% of the revenue for online and mobile games by 2015, with China leading the way at 36% of the market China will have 701MM Internet users by 2015 35% of Chinese own smartphones 23% of India’s population own smartphones In 2012 China is #1 market of smartphones and tablets, sales rise 52% 24% of smartphones in China are made by Samsung (Apple – 7.5%) 54% of mobile users in India play games India adds on average 19MM mobile phone subscribers per month – fastest growing market India and China will account for 80% of all mobile Internet user growth in Asia Pacific through 2016 Brazilian social gaming market will reach $171MM in 2012 Brazilian user spends on average $10.29 per month
4. Emerging markets - continue China Brazil India Turkey Russia By 2015 Brazil will have 35% of population using smart phones, which is 80MM users 12% of mobile users play games on smartphones in Brazil Russian social gaming market will reach $110MM in 2012, up from $56MM in 2011 29MM users are mobile gamers in Russia, which is 76% 69% of online time is spent on mobile games in Russia Turkish social games market will be between $400MM to $500MM in 2012 Over 15MM people in Turkey are mobile gamers, which is 69% These OEMs rule emerging markets – develop for them!
5. Secrets to success Believe in your product Know your audience Develop for top devices in every taken country Develop updates ahead of time Balance game economy Localize/customize your game for every specific country Release your game into as many countries as possible Plan for 6 months ahead Use right payment solutions Pay close attention to analytics since 1 st day Adjust game based on your data Don’t be too greedy – work with local partners Develop freemium game only or explore combination of freemium and premium Remember – “EVERYTHING CHANGES VERY FAST IN MOBILE GAMING!”