We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byDarlene Harrington
Modified over 5 years ago
Heartsaver CPR and Heimlich Maneuver
1. What are the 4 life threatening emergencies in adults? ~ Heart Attack ~ Cardiac Arrest ~ Choking ~ Stroke
2. The 4 links or actions in the AHA Adult Chain of Survival ~ early access ~ early CPR ~ early defibrillation ~ advance care
3. A heart attack occurs when… One of the hearts major blood vessel becomes blocked so oxygen cannot get to the heart.
4. The most common symptom of a heart attack is… Severe pressure or pain in the center of the chest.
5. Not all victims of heart attack have typical symptoms; women, elderly and diabetics may have vague symptoms such as… ~ aches in the chest ~ heart burn ~ indigestion ~ lower back pain
6. A cardiac arrest occurs… …when the heart stops pumping blood.
7. What are the signs of a cardiac arrest victim? ~ no response ~ no normal breathing ~ no sign of circulation
8. The ABC’s of CPR are: A irway B reathing C irculation
9. What are the 3 things you should do to check if the victim is breathing? ~ LOOK (to see if the chest is rising) ~ LISTEN (for breathing) ~ FEEL (for breathing on your cheek)
10. If a victim is not breathing normally, you should… Give 2 slow rescue breathes.
11. What should you do it a victim shows no signs of circulation? Begin chest compressions with rescue breathing.
12. What should you do if a victim does respond but is not breathing normally? Continue rescue breathes without chest compressions. (1 every 5 seconds)
If a victim is still not responsive after 2 rescue breathes, you should begin CPR with 30 chest compressions and 2 breathes.
13. What does AED stand for and what does it do? Automated External Defibrillator It can analyze heart rhythm, recognize if a shock is needed and administer a shock when ready.
14. What are the 4 special situations you should look for before using an AED? ~ children ~ water ~ implanted pacemaker ~ transdermal medication (patch)
15. How do I know if someone is choking? Choking occurs when the windpipe is blocked. Face turns red A choking person cannot breath or talk Face will turn bluish
16. How do I help a person who is choking?
RESPONDING TO EMERGENCIES
Personal and Consumer Health
Cardiac Chain of Survival How to handle a cardiac emergency!
ACE Personal Trainer Manual, 4th edition Chapter 16:
Cardiac Emergencies and AED Section 2 & 3 OBJECTIVES appear in GOLD!!!
CPR & First Aid for Shock & Choking
Chapter 5 CPR. Heart Attack and Cardiac Arrest Heart attack occurs when heart muscle tissue dies because its blood supply is severely reduced or stopped.
Chapter 4 First Aid and CPR Health Care Science Technology Copyright © The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Emergency Response American Red Cross Instructor: Joel Bass MS ATC
By Tadeh Danielian. The Cardiac Chain of Survival 1. Early recognition of the emergency and early access to EMS 2. Early cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
CPR/AED – Assisting A Person in Cardiac Arrest Lessons Provided by the Office of Healthy Schools – March 2015.
Chapter 6 AED.
1 Case 2 Witnessed VF: Treated With an AED and CPR © 2001 American Heart Association.
AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR. 2 Outline AED Intro Review Adult CPR (if needed) AED Course (lesson and hands-on) AED Practical test AED Written.
CPR. Course Goal Course Goal The American Heart Association designed the Heartsaver AED Course to prepare a wide variety of people who, as first responders.
CPR & AED.
Resources to Complete CPR Certification. Anticipated Problems What are the basic techniques for administering CPR? What recent revisions or updates have.
AMERICAN RED CROSS CPR SECTION II. Conscious Choking Victim A breathing emergency is life threatening and occurs when a victim is having trouble breathing.
CPR RULES TAKE IT SERIOUSLY…YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU OR SOMEONE ELSES LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT. ANY VIOLATIONS OF CLASSROOM RULES WILL RESULTS IN REMOVAL.
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.