Presentation on theme: "Start with a topic that you are interested in studying further. This will help you to focus your research on particular aspects of the bigger picture."— Presentation transcript:
Start with a topic that you are interested in studying further. This will help you to focus your research on particular aspects of the bigger picture. Fact: You will only use 30% of all your research for your final paper. The rest of the 70% gives you the authority to know which elements are most prevalent to your thesis statement. TOPIC CHOICE
The purpose of a research paper is, quite simply, to present an investigation and inquiry into a question, answering it with detailed, substantiated information. RESEARCH QUESTION
RESEARCH NOTES Each source gets it’s own page. Write down the Title, author. This area should be for notes. Jot note style. Key ideas. If you copy a quote make sure to indicate it to yourself. Here you should have the page number. Leave room to make connections.
Noun: a short statement, usually one sentence, that summarizes the main point or claim of an essay, research paper, etc., and is developed, supported, and explained in the text by means of examples and evidence. Ex. The Jewish children in the concentration camps were of interest to the Nazis, in particular the doctors, who used them for many experiments, which increased their torment to an unimaginable extent. THESIS STATEMENT