1.Eat every 2-3 hours Why? Stimulates metabolism, balance blood sugar, improve health, body composition, and energy!!!
2. Eat complete, lean protein, with each feeding – Why? Stimulates metabolism, improve muscle tone, speed recovery and reduce body fat.
3. Eat veggies with each feeding – Why? Provides micronutrients as well as phytochemical essential to optimal function. Helps balance acid / alkaline blood levels. When unbalanced we are more susceptible to disease decrease muscle/bone strength.
4. Only eat other carbs after exercise. Why? This means only eat carbs other than fruits and veggies during or within the first few hours after exercise. Why? This is when your bodies carb. Tolerance ( insulin sensitivity) is best.
5. Eat Healthy fats daily. Why? Healthy fats actually decrease inflammation, improve metabolic rate, and protect against heart disease, cancer and diabetes……. Strive for 6 grams of fish oil per day.
6. Only drink beverages with 0 calories. Why? Fruit juices while many think are healthy have little to no nutritional value. Stick with water, green tea or super shakes.
7. Eat whole foods instead of supplements when possible. Why? Supplements should be just that a supplement to good food!
8. Plan ahead and prepare feeding in advance. Why? This is a no brainer – When you are starving you will eat anything so unless you are prepared we all know what happens.
9. Eat a wide variety of good foods. Why? A large variety of foods helps you get a larger portion of the micronutrients your body needs. In some cases you can also develop a food intolerance when over eating certain foods.
10. Plan to break the rules 10% of the time. Why? This is for sanity – no one is perfect. If you rally figure out what 10% is you come to about 4 meals a week where you break one of these 10 commandments!