Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

The compound feed industry in the EU livestock economy

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "The compound feed industry in the EU livestock economy"— Presentation transcript:

1 The compound feed industry in the EU livestock economy

2 Value of EU-27 farm production in 2010
Source: Eurostat

3 EU-27 Livestock sourcing in feedingstuffs - 469 mio. t in 2010
Source: FEFAC / EU Commission

4 Value of purchased compound feed in total animal output value in 2010
Source: FEFAC

5 Compound feed production in European production (Index of volume: 1995=100)
Source: FEFAC / Eurostat

6 Comparison between prices for animal products and for feedingstuffs (Index 1995=100)
Source: FEFAC / Eurostat

7 Key figures of the European compound feed industry

8 Turn-over of the compound feed industry
Source: FEFAC

9 Number and average size of feed production units in the EU-27
Source: FEFAC

10 Industrial compound feed production per country 150 mio
Industrial compound feed production per country 150 mio. t in 2010 in the EU-27 Source: FEFAC

11 Industrial compound feed production in the EU-27 in 2010 150 mio
Industrial compound feed production in the EU-27 in mio. t (per category) Source: FEFAC

12 EU-27 compound feed production development per category
Source: FEFAC

13 Evolution of compound feed production in some EU countries …
Source: FEFAC

14 Evolution of compound feed production in EU Member States having joined in 2004 and 2007
Source: FEFAC

15 Consumption of feed materials

16 Feed material consumption by the EU-27 feed industry in 2010
Source: FEFAC

17 Feed material consumption by the EU compound feed industry
1990 2005 Source: FEFAC

18 Development of feed material consumption by the EU-15 compound feed industry
Source: FEFAC

19 Usage of cereals in the EU-27 in 2010-11
Source: FEFAC / COCERAL

20 Imports of feed materials in the EU-27 in 2009: 36.0 mio. t
Source: EUROSTAT

21 EU-27 balance sheet for protein rich feed materials in 2007/08
Source: FEFAC / PROLEA EU production (*1,000 T) EU consumption Self- sufficiency Products Proteins Soyabean meal 798 303 38,220 17,823 2% Sunflower meal 4,932 789 4,503 1,246 63% Rapeseed meal 18,358 3,672 11,569 3,932 93% Cottonseed meal 564 183 260 105 174% Copra-Palm meal 2,812 506 0% Pulses 1,950 429 1,875 413 104% Dried forage 4,458 847 4,200 106% Corn gluten feed 2,369 497 2,910 611 81% Miscellaneous 410 62 713 217 29% Sub-Total 6,782 25,651 26% Fishmeal 445 307 810 559 55% Total 7,089 26,210 27%

22 Origin of proteins used for animal feeding in the EU-27 in 2007/08
Source: FEFAC / PROLEA

23 Origin of proteins produced for feed use by the EU-27 in 2007/08
Source: FEFAC / PROLEA

24 Compound feed production in EU-27 and other European countries in 2010 (in mio. t)
Source: FEFAC / Feed International

25 Global compound feed production in 2010 (mio. t)
Source: FEFAC / Feed International

26 Evolution of global compound feed production (Index 100 = 1999)
Source: FEFAC / Feed International

27 Livestock production and consumption in the EU

28 Livestock population in the EU
Source: Eurostat

29 Meat production development in the EU per category
Source: OFIVAL / DG AGRI

30 Meat consumption development in the EU-27 per category
Source: OFIVAL / DG AGRI

31 Total meat consumption per capita in the EU per category in 2010
Source: OFIVAL / DG AGRI

32 EU self sufficiency in some EU agricultural products in 2009
Source: EUROSTAT/ DG AGRI


Download ppt "The compound feed industry in the EU livestock economy"

Similar presentations


Ads by Google