Presentation on theme: "1. Introduction Basic Fitness Training “ Building Strength and Stamina” Second Edition By Wayne Westcott."— Presentation transcript:
1. Introduction Basic Fitness Training “ Building Strength and Stamina” Second Edition By Wayne Westcott
1. Introduction Purpose of Course The purpose of this course is to educate beginner lifters, personal trainers, and CFL’s about basic knowledge of strength and endurance training. This will allow them to properly conduct classes or design workouts that will benefit the persons they are training.
1. Introduction Introduction Physical fitness is an essential component of a healthy and satisfying lifestyle. Will provide all the information needed to develop high levels of muscular strength, cardiorespiratory endurance, and joint flexibility for greater overall physical fitness.
1. Introduction Introduction During this class you should learn the following: o Learn to integrate strength and endurance training into workouts o Strength logistics and basic exercises o Endurance logistics, equipment, and routines o Design and implement workout programs
1. Introduction Introduction The exercise programs presented in this class are highly productive, and you will achieve excellent results in relatively short periods. Programs are easy to understand, simple to implement, and safe to perform. Programs can be done by people of all ages and fitness levels.
1. Introduction Introduction We will also learn information from new studies of high- intensity strength training and circuit strength training. These techniques are very time efficient and effective.
1. Introduction Introduction We will learn how to enhance your aerobic capacity through interesting and productive exercise programs such as interval training, cross training, and fartlek training.
1. Introduction Introduction Will learn the proper use of 30 different selectorized machines. Will learn the proper execution of 27 free weight exercises. These exercises will address all major muscle groups
1. Introduction Introduction The key to enhancing overall physical fitness is training technique. How you perform each exercise is unquestionably the most important factor in your fitness development
1. Introduction Introduction How to combine strength, endurance, and flexibility into a comprehensive conditioning program that will show results.
1. Introduction Introduction This class will give you the tools needed to achieve your own personal goals and aid in the fitness of others safely, effectively and efficiently.
1. Introduction Introduction Testing o 50 Question Multiple Choice o Practical Portion of test o Must achieve a 70% to pass o Receive Basic Navy Fitness Certification