We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byChad Weaver
Modified about 1 year ago
© LearningBridge Inc., 2003. All rights reserved. - 1 - Team Effectiveness: Principles & Guidelines
© LearningBridge Inc., 2003. All rights reserved. - 2 - What Do I Need to Know about Teams?
- 3 - © LearningBridge Inc., 2003. All rights reserved. What is a Team? A relatively small number of people With complementary skills Who are committed To a common purpose, Set of performance goals, And approach For which they hold themselves mutually accountable
- 4 - © LearningBridge Inc., 2003. All rights reserved. All Groups are Not Teams. Teams: Are characterized by interdependency Often share leadership roles Express individual and mutual accountability Have specific team purposes that the team delivers Have collective work products Encourage open-ended discussions and active problem- solving at meetings Measure performance against collective work products Do real work together
- 5 - © LearningBridge Inc., 2003. All rights reserved. Teamwork Represents Values that: Encourage listening and responding constructively to the views expressed by others Give others the benefit of the doubt Provide support Recognize the interests and achievements of others John R. Katzenbach and Douglas K. Smith, “The Discipline of Teams ”, Harvard Business Review, March-April, 1993, pp. 111-120
- 6 - © LearningBridge Inc., 2003. All rights reserved. Characteristics of Losing Teams Dominated by one individual Compromise between two competing business strategies Engage in groupthink Not all team members contribute
- 7 - © LearningBridge Inc., 2003. All rights reserved. Winning Teams Trust Clear time frame and agreed upon goals Get facts and do analyses before making decisions Divide responsibilities All team members contribute Challenge and play devil’s advocate
© LearningBridge Inc., All rights reserved Team Effectiveness: Principles & Guidelines Capstone ® & Foundation ™ Teams.
1 Team Vs Work Group “A team is a small number of people with complementary skills who are committed to a common purpose, performance goals and working.
Module 4 :Session 4 Working with others Developed by Dr J Moorman.
Building Blocks of Effective Teamwork
Teamwork and Leadership Skills
© Mujtaba, 2007 Workforce Diversity Management Dr. Bahaudin G. Mujtaba.
Why Teams?. Teams Outperform individuals acting alone or in groups Outperform individuals acting alone or in groups Often necessary to lead deep and lasting.
21 st Century Principals Institute Copy March 2009.
Teams Dynamics Jon C. Jenkins. Team Building Activities Roles Dynamic s.
High-Performance Teamwork Karl A. Smith Engineering Education – Purdue University Civil Engineering - University of Minnesota Preparing and Supporting.
TEAMBUILDING MICHELLE DALY DAVID BALLARD MICHAEL CHERRY EDUC 904 Interpersonal LeadershipJuly, 2010.
Group Dynamics and Teamwork February 28, 2012 MGMT 4000, Class 6 Harvard University.
High-Performance Teamwork Karl A. Smith Engineering Education – Purdue University Civil Engineering - University of Minnesota -
Let’s Jump Together.
Learning Event 3 6 th March 2013 Middlesbrough Leadership and Improvement Programme.
Supply Chain Logistics Management
1.05 Characteristics of Effective Teams
By: Tyler Howlett Team Development By: Tyler Howlett
TEAMWORK AND TEAM BUILDING KEYS TO GOAL ACHIEVEMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY.
Teamwork Goal 4.01: Demonstrate characteristics of effective leadership.
Success Through Teamwork Second Vice District Governor Training.
Building an Effective Team Optimizing Team Performance Cohort 6 Webinar 1.
Positive Team Psychology: Developing Cohesive, Trusting Teams
1 MPA Core 2006 Joan Bantz The Evergreen State College TONIGHT’S TOPIC Joan Bantz, Member of the Faculty The Evergreen State College January 2005 MPA “Doing.
Step up to Action. Levels of Partnership Level 4 - Assimilation Level 3 - Adapting Level 2 - Joint Projects Level - 1 Networking.
Chapter 13 Teams and Teamwork
© 2011 Cengage Learning. All rights reserved. Chapter 9 Work Teams and Groups Learning Outcomes 1.Define group and work team. 2.Explain the benefits organizations.
Robert Youker Wisdom of Teams Katzenbach & Smith Key Points Book Review by Robert Youker Key Points Book Review by Robert Youker For details of this book.
TEAM DEVELOPMENT Through the Life-Cycle. What is a Team? “A Small Number of People With Complementary Skills Who Are Committed To A Common Purpose, Performance.
Chapter Thirteen Groups & Teams: Increasing Cooperating, Reducing Conflict McGraw-Hill/Irwin Copyright © 2013 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights.
TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE
Building & Maintaining a TEAM Presented By Dennis I. Blender, Ph.D. Blender Consulting Group.
Effective Teamwork Team Building
Foundations of Team Leadership
Improvement Leaders Collaboratives Residential Module Effective teams.
11 Developing Groups Contrast a group and a team Define norms Explain the relationship between cohesiveness and group productivity.
So you think you are a team player?
An Introduction to Teamwork
TEAMWORK By: Haruna & Josh. Is a joint action by a group of people, in which each person subordinates his or her individual interests and opinions to.
MSc – Agricultural Economics and Management BSc Agricultural Economics and Management Management Managing Teams Richard Selby.
Learning Event 3 15 th October 2013 Redcar and Cleveland Public Health Team and Tees Valley Public Health Shared Services Leading Health and Wellbeing.
Teams & Teamwork “A small group of people with complementary skills, who are committed to a common performance, goals, and approach for which they hold.
Effective Groups and Teams
Developing Teamwork Skills
Group Communication. How many people do you think make up a small group? What are some advantages to group work? What are some disadvantages? Types of.
Developing Teams, Analysis & Reflection Session 9 1. Successful Teams 2. Teams in action – issues that can arise 3. Analysing team effectiveness.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.