1. Energy is the ability to do work or cause change. 2. You measure energy in joules. 3. 2 main type of energy is kinetic and potential. 4. Mass and velocity 5. Kinetic energy is the energy an object has due to its motion. 6. Potential energy is stored energy as a result of an object’s position or shape.
7. Gravitational potential energy is the potential energy an object has due to its height. 8. Elastic potential energy is the potential energy an object gains when it is stretched or compressed. Examples: rubber band and a bow and arrow
1. transferred or converted 2. Mechanical: energy associated with the motion of an object. Thermal: the total energy of the particles in a substance or material Chemical is the potential energy stored in the chemical bonds of an object Electrical: is the moving electrical charges that produce electricity and energy Electromagnetic: energy that moves in waves Nuclear: energy stored in the nucleus of an atom, released during fission or fusion
1. a change from one form of energy to another. 2. work gets done 3.Single transformation- is when energy changes from one type of energy to another Multiple transformation- is when energy goes through a series of transformations. 4. Single: electrical thermal(toaster) Multiple: M C T EM (This is process of striking a match.)
5. potential to kinetic 6. created, destroyed, changes forms 7. Albert Einstein 8. a huge amount of energy
Conduction: the transfer of heat from one particle to another by direct contact Convection: the transfer of heat as it moves in currents Radiation: the transfer of heat as it moves in EM waves Insulator: stops or resist the flow of heat Conductor: allows heat to flow through it easily