II. Packing Tips Blankets - Please open the original boxes containing your blanket supplies carefully, so you may reuse the boxes to return them to the Giving Comfort warehouse if possible. Hope Chests - The original packaging from the manufacturer for Hope Chests include 8 per box, and each box includes a divider to protect the Hope Chests. Please try to salvage these original boxes and dividers for return shipments. If the original boxes are not in good enough shape to reuse to send back to the Giving Comfort warehouse due to normal delivery wear and tear, you have the option to purchase new boxes through our FedEx Customer Rep** email@example.com or from ULINE as per the instructions on the following firstname.lastname@example.org Please be sure to include a completed packing slip in each box you remit back to Giving Comfort.packing slip ** Ordering from FedEx will give you the option to order the exact quantity of boxes vs the minimums required by Uline. Using FedEx boxes may require some sort of packing material to fill the extra space left in box.
BOXES for Return Shipments There are two options for purchasing boxes: Order through FedEx - Send an email to email@example.com with your cost center information and our account rep Christina, will assist in getting boxes from your local FedEx location delivered to you. She already has the total number of boxes you will need, based on your orders. If you would like to order extra boxes, please indicate in the email. FedEx will charge $3.50 each for a 20x20x12 box or $6.25 each for a 20x20x20 box with no charge for the box to be delivered to the address provided for your firstname.lastname@example.org Purchase from Uline – priced in bundles Boxes for 10 finished Blankets per box - 20 x 18 x 12 http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-4227/Corrugated-Boxes-200-Test/20-x-18-x-12- Corrugated-Boxes Boxes for 20 finished Blankets per box - 20 X 18 X 22 http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-4646/Corrugated-Boxes-200-Test/20-x-18-x-22-Corrugated-Boxes Boxes for 2 original Hope Chest boxes stacked inside - 20 x 14 x 12 (16 Hope Chests total) http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-4206/Corrugated-Boxes-200-Test/20-x-14-x-12-Corrugated-Boxes Boxes for 3 original Hope Chest boxes stacked inside - 20 x 14 x 18 (24 Hope Chests total) Http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-4901/Corrugated-Boxes-200-Test/20-x-14-x-18-Corrugated-Boxes 4
Packing Slips (Please complete one packing slip per box) Please be sure to print out packing slips before your eventpacking slips Please fill out the quantity of items inside the box in your packing slip Please be sure to include a packing slip with each full package that you are sending to the Giving Comfort Warehouse. You may insert the packing slip inside each box, or tape it outside the box. Packing Slips are available to download and print via link below: http://mckess.convio.net/site/DocServer/Packing_Slip ___Finished_Volunteer_Items.doc?docID=430
7 Please contact Valerie Aubel email@example.com for username and password firstname.lastname@example.org A) FedEx GROUND Shipments - Boxes
1. Enter “From” Details 8 Enter your contact information and address in the 1. From section (you may need to expand it). If you participated in Community Days last year, check the Saved Senders drop-down menu to see if you’re already in the system.
2. Enter “To” Details 9 Contact ID: Select MARY SCHAEFFER Company: ALOM 48105 Warm Springs Blvd Fremont, CA 94539 Phone: 510-360-3600
3. Ground Packaging and Shipment Details If you are shipping boxes that are not on a pallet, select FedEx Ground as the Service type. 10 1.Choose your number of packages (you may choose up to 25 to ship at once). 2.Enter the weight of your package. If you have more than one package, please choose the average weight of your packages. 3.Enter the dimensions of your package. 4.Declared value: leave blank
4. Pickup/Drop-off 11 Leave Billing section as is. Select the Schedule a Pickup option. Click Edit to input Address with requested information. Then click Edit under Package Information and enter requested information Note: Pickup Date is the date you would like FedEx to pick up your packages
5. Email Notifications (optional) and Shipment 12 If you would like notification that your package was delivered, please change the sender email address to your address and check the Notification Type. Once complete, click Ship.
6. Print your Ground Tracking Labels 13 Click Print to print your labels. A label will be printed for the number of boxes you entered. Please Note: Each box must have a label attached to it. If you have more than 25 boxes, you will need to repeat this process.
15 This is a workaround site to ship 3rd party Freight. Go to http://www.fedex.com/us/freight/ perform-freight-action-2.html http://www.fedex.com/us/freight/ perform-freight-action-2.html Click Schedule a Freight Pickup B) FREIGHT Shipments–fedex.com/myaccount2 For shipping boxes that are shrink-wrapped on a pallet Please contact Valerie Aubel email@example.com for username and password firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Schedule a FREIGHT pick-up 16 Account Selection: Mck Community Days United States - 1 Post St - San Francisco, CA, 94104-5203 - 544475096 - BILL-TO Payment Type/Terms: Third party Prepaid Pickup Details: Indicate pickup date you would like FedEx to pick up your palette with dock ready and dock closed times.
2. Shipment From: 17 Indicate address for FedEx to pick up. Leave the Third Party box as is.
3. FREIGHT Shipment Details: 18 SHIPMENT DETAILS Enter as much information as possible about your shipment. The only required fields are noted with an asterisk(*). To country — indicate the destination country To ZIP/postal code — Enter 94539 (ALOM’s zip code) Packaging types — Pallet / skid Pieces — the number of pallets Weight — enter the total weight of the shipment Total Handling Units – match the number of pieces CONTACT INFORMATION Pickup Requested By - Update using your name, phone number and email address. At Dock - Add your name, phone number and email or click Same contact if that applies Click SUBMIT
19 4. FREIGHT Pickup Confirmation A Bill of Lading is required for FREIGHT shipments. Click the button “Create Bill of Lading”.
5. Create Bill of Lading 20 Generate a BOL The Account Selection, Payment Type/Terms and From details should be carried forward to the Bill of Lading. Please verify that the information is correct.
7. Shipment Details on Bill of Lading: 22 Description: Please be sure to add the *Description CD2013 Supplies
Contact Information Valerie Aubel Product and Distribution Manager, Giving Comfort email@example.com 23
8. Confirmation Information 24 to Confirmation Information: Click and print Bill of Lading and all shipping labels using the following links: View and/or print Bill of Lading View and/or print shipping labels
Congratulations! You have completed your shipping process! Your Comfort Kit items will soon find their way in to Comfort Kits that will be in the hands of patients in need through our Distribution Network Partners. Thank you for helping bring hope, comfort, and encouragement to cancer patients at a time when they need it most. 25