Presentation on theme: "Hallandale Beach Community Redevelopment Agency Budget Overview Fiscal Year 2012-2013."— Presentation transcript:
Hallandale Beach Community Redevelopment Agency Budget Overview Fiscal Year 2012-2013
CRA Priorities 1. Economic Development Incentives Attract the following: Hotel with Conference Facilities (Federal Highway Corridor) Class “A” Office Space (Federal Highway and Hallandale Beach Blvd.) Mixed Commercial Developments (Foster Road and Dixie Highway) Results: Construction jobs; permanent jobs, local business opportunities, ad valorem tax roll increase. CRA Plan Links: C and D
2. Community Partnership Grants Homeowner training and preparation. Neighborhood outreach - ID substandard Housing and communicate with homeowner regarding NIP. Job Linking. Employability training and preparation. Cultural art and events to attract tourist to local businesses. Cultural art programs to create business and workforce opportunities
2. Community Partnership Grants (Cont.) Neighborhood clean up program. Unique recreational programs for youth. CRA Plan Links: I, J, P, Q and T.
3. Affordable Housing and Neighborhood Improvement Program (NIP) Construction of 10 new homes on CRA owned lots (private/public partnerships with builders) Provide Financial assistance to 20 residents for housing improvements. Provide down payment assistance to 20 future Hallandale Beach Homeowners. CRA Plan Links: E and N
4. Marketing Wayfinding Data gathering and dissemination Job Linking Business to Business Activities CRA Plan Links: C, D, F, G and J
4. Fashion Row Arts District Implement Fashion Row and Arts District Plan. Better Block Approach Mural Program Improve lighting CRA Plan Links: C, D, F, G, I and N.
5. Bond Reimbursement Bluesten Park Year Six of 20.
Memorandums of Understanding (MOU’s) Department of Public Works Storm drain repairs and installation Landscaping services (FEC & Foster Rd) Adopt a Street Hallandale Beach Transportation System Maintenance of City owned vacant lots Sidewalk repair program Pedestrian Improvement Program I-95 and HBB aesthetics improvement NE 1 st Avenue/Dixie Corridor Crosswalks update
Police Department Neighborhood Enhancement Team (NET) Community Involvement Unit (CIU) Community Action Team (CAT) Human Services Department After School Tutorial Enrichment Program Neighborhood Employability Enhancement Directive (NEED) General Services Memorandums of Understanding (MOU’s) (cont.)
Development Services Code Compliance Services Parks and Recreation Hallandale Beach Out of School Time Program Teen Program at O.B. Johnson Park Healthy Family Program at Foster Park
HBCRA Staff Executive Director Deputy Executive Director CRA Specialist AOA II Requested Positions: Finance Manager Economic Development Coordinator