Prof. dr. Bozin Donevski, Coordinator University Evaluation Commission at UKLO Joke Claeys, Contractor, Educational Quality Management Office, Ghent University, Belgium UPGRADING OF A SYSTEM FOR QUALITY ASSESSMENT AT THE UNIVERSITY ST. KLIMENT OHRIDSKI IN BITOLA TEMPUS SCM UPQUAL – CO22A06 University “St. Kliment Ohridski” 7000 Bitola, Macedonia
1. OBJECTIVES ● Development of a model for quality assessment and quality assurance at UKLO; ● Moulding the UKLO model to be an example apt for national and regional dissemination.
1. PARTNERS: Mrs. Joke Claeys; Contractor, Educational Quality Management Unit, Ghent University, Belgium; Dr. hab. Marek Frankowicz, Institutional ECTS, Bologna Promotor, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland. Dr. Karl-Axel Nilsson, Director of the Office of Evaluation, Lund University, Sweden; Mrs. Ljiljana Basevska, Higher Education Section, Ministry of Education and Science, Republic of Macedonia; Prof. dr. Norma Ryan, Director of Quality Promotion Unit University College Cork, Ireland
2. OUTPUTS - OUTCOMES 2. 1. UPGRADING OF THE SYSTEM FOR QA, THROUGH THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS: RESTRUCTURING THE UNIVERSITY EVALUATION COMMISSION INTO A UNIT, WHICH PLAYS A CENTRAL ROLE IN THE IMPLEMENTAION AND DISSEMINATION OF THE QA PROCESS; UPDATING QA MATERIAL/TOOLS/PROCEDURES FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF QUALITY ASSESSMENT AND DISSEMINATION TO THE FACULTIES; EXCHANGING EXPERIENCES; PROVIDING TRAINING; HAVING MORE STUDENTS PARTICIPATING IN THE PROCESS OF SELF EVALUATION
2. OUT PUTS - OUTCOMES : 2.2 DISSEMINATION - CREATING A WEB SITE FOR USE ON THE NATIONAL AND REGIONAL LEVEL; - ORGANISATION OF CONFERENCE, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AT THE INTERUNIVERSITY CONFERENCE OF RM; - INCREASING THE COOPERATION BETWEEN HIGHER EDUCATION INST. IN THE REGION AND SPREADING THE EXPERIENCES IN EVALUATION AND QUALITY TO NEIGHBOURING BALKAN UNIVERSITIES.
3. ACTIVITES: 3. 1. UPGRADING - Training the members of the University evaluation commission (EU partners and UKLO) - Presenting the used materials - Meeting and discussing about the tools at UKLO, aiming at improvement; - Training and acquainting different staff (academic and non-academic) and students for QA handling, interfacultary communication; - Showing and analysing EU student questionnaires and discussing and adapting the UKLO ones.
3. ACTIVITES: 3.2. Dissemination - Demonstrate the EU examples - Purchasing of material, software, possible engaging of expert personnel, supervising the development; - Organisation of a conference
4. RESOURCES - INPUTS ● Input from all partners is in: - Staff - Participation in coordinating meetings; - Reviewing the existing and future situation in UKLO Specific input from EU partners will be: Training Macedonian staff in all aspects of implementing QA Demonstration of EU procedures, tools, results, activities Both of these should meet following goals: European dimension, compatibility Promoting innovative and dynamic universities, with diversity of missions, levels and contexts Autonomy with accountability Avoiding bureaucracy and heavy mechanisms
5. PRINCIPLE OUTCOMES : QA MANUAL (general manual on QA) MK STAFF TRAINED (MK staff will undergo appropriate training by EU partners) WEB SITE AND REPOSITORY OF QA MATERIALS (QA web site will be launched at UKLO for use at national and regional level) EVALUATION TOOLKIT (A guide for evaluation with a set of procedures/questionnaires etc.) A WELL ESTABLISHED UNIT FOR QA AT THE UKLO (Reform the University evaluation commission into a functional unit according to suggestions by EUA experts)
University Evaluation Commission University “St. Kliment Ohridski” 7000 Bitola, Macedonia