We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byRoss Bradford
Modified over 4 years ago
What is going on in these pictures? 1 2 34
Stages of Human development 1. Cut out the stages of human development. 2. sequence. 3. Set up your paper for notes 4. Follow instructions to glue in pictures and write notes 123456 789101112
. OVULATION The mature follicle releases the egg
1. Fertilization Joining of sperm and ova Zygote: a fertilized egg
2. Mitosis (cell division) Within 24 hours the cell starts to divide into 2
3. Blastula –hollow ball of cells By day 3, there are 8 cells
4. Blastocyst –enters the uterus This hollow ball of cells is now 4 days old and enters uterus. Implantation is the attachment of the blastocyst to uterus
5. Embryo (gastrula) –Cells differentiate has three distinct layers Amnion: fluid filled sac to cushion baby
6. Placenta – nutrients exchanged Placenta is the gas and nutrient exchange between mother and baby Umbilical cord carries these gases and nutrients to embryo
7. Fetus - Most systems have differentiated At 8 weeks, the developing embryo is called a fetus Most of the systems have differentiated
8. Fetus –movement and bones 12 weeks – movement 16 weeks - bones
9. Ready for birth Head is down Amnion is broken Labor – uterus contracts Cervix dilates
10. Delivery (it’s a baby) Filling its lungs for the first time is hard work
11. Premature baby 30 weeks it can survive Not fully developed respiratory system
After birth Mother will go through labor contractions to expel the placenta and amnion
Menstruation or Pregnancy
Prenatal Care and Delivery
A new Beginning Fertilization- when the sperm from a man and the ovum from a woman join together, the genes of the mother and the father combine
Fertilization Sperm are ejaculated from the penis into the vagina just below the cervix and then swim through the uterus into the Fallopian tubes and they.
The period from conception to childbirth. The common length of pregnancy is about 40 weeks, or 240 days.
Fertilization is the fusion of sperm and egg.
Pregnancy, Development and Birth
The reproductive system allows the production of offspring.
Jeopardy Anatomy Vocab Numbers Q $100 Q $100 Q $100 Q $100 Q $100
Prenatal: ◦ Pre-Implantation ◦ Embryonic ◦ Fetal.
STAGES OF PRENATAL DEVELOPMENT. PRENATAL The term prenatal means the period of time before delivery. Today we are going to talk about the prenatal development.
Conception (Fertilization) Joining of the egg and sperm.
Pregnancy and Embryonic Development. Fertilization Oocyte is viable for 12 to 24 hours after it is cast out of the ovary Sperm generally retain their.
Growth & Development Presentation Title. A New Life A new life begins when an egg & a sperm come together. The fertilized egg, zygote, starts moving down.
Are You Pregnant? Prenatal Development Fertilization: Union of a sperm cell w/ an ovum. ~Fertilization takes place in the upper 1/3 of the fallopian.
© 2019 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.