Presentation on theme: "Gear Up [Or something]. Concept and key points 1. 2D hack-and-slash platformer RPG with rogue-like elements 2. Character power is determined by equipment."— Presentation transcript:
Concept and key points 1. 2D hack-and-slash platformer RPG with rogue-like elements 2. Character power is determined by equipment and not levels or stats 3. Infinitely (or damn near) expanding 2D world 4. Sandbox game – No quests or direction (or at least vague direction) 5. Focus on gameplay that stays exciting and involved
1. Gameplay 2D hack and slash platformer Player has health and lives Once lives are depleted, a new character needs to be made Save character status in a file, old character revival
2. Power determined by equipment Helmet Body Gloves Bottoms Shoes Weapon Power is determined by the stats your equipment have There is no experience There are no level ups There are only orbs.
More on stats (orbs): Orbs are used to upgrade gear, which are dropped from enemies Each time an orb is used the upgrade chance gets lower Higher level enemies yield higher level orbs High level orbs means higher chance of upgrade Orbs can mean different upgrades for different equipment Stats expand indefinitely
Lots of interesting stat possibilities Weapon Damage Attack Speed Movement speed Defense Health Jump height Jump speed Jump damage Damage reflection Life Steal Health Regen Magic Cast speed MP MP regen MP Steal Magic defense Dodge
3. Infinitely expanding world Gets harder as you move from center Randomly assigns room layout from presets based on algorithm Expands indefinitely, one layer at a time Saves and reads to and from a text file
4. Sandbox game No real goal Have bosses and rooms that really challenge the player and yield rewards Include different biomes, some that spawn only at certain levels Give incentive to move forward, but don’t demand it
5. Focus on Gameplay and atmosphere Enemies should be different, with different attack patterns Maybe make weapon and armor skins that unlock with certain stat combos Colorful visuals Relatively fast paced (rooms shouldn’t take a huge amount of time to clear) Interesting music that’s biome specific Again, incentive to explore
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.