Presentation on theme: "Doctor, actor, lawyer or a singer why not president, be a dreamer you can be just the one you wanna be policeman, fire fighter or a post man why not something."— Presentation transcript:
doctor, actor, lawyer or a singer why not president, be a dreamer you can be just the one you wanna be policeman, fire fighter or a post man why not something like your old man you can be just the one you wanna be doctor, actor, lawyer or a singer why not president, be a dreamer you can be just the one you wanna be I know that we all got one thing that we all share together we got that one nice dream we live for you never know what life could bring cause nothing last for ever just hold on to the team you play for I know you could reach the top make sure that you won‘t stop be the one that you wanna be now sing this with me doctor, actor, lawyer or a singer why not president, be a dreamer you can be just the one you wanna be policeman, fire fighter or a post man why not something like your old man you can be just the one you wanna be we may have different ways to think but it doesn't really matter we all caught up in the steam of this life focus on every little thing that’s what does really matter luxury cars and bling That’s not real life I know you could reach the top make sure that you won't stop be the one that you wanna be now sing this with me doctor, actor, lawyer or a singer why not president, be a dreamer you can be just the one you wanna be policeman, fire fighter or a post man why not something like your old man you can be just the one you wanna be last year I used to dream about this day now I'm here I'm singing for you I hope I could inspire you cause I've got all the love, cause I've got all love for you
Let’s enjoy the words Doctor, actor, lawyer or a singer, why not president, be a dreamer, you can be just the one you want to be policeman, fire fighter or a post man, why not something like your old man, you can be just the one you want to be. I know you could reach the top make sure that you won’t stop be the one that you want to be
Our class wants to select some student to be our monitor. Do you have the qualities to be a monitor? Complete the following tasks.
Task one: vocabulary What good qualities should our monitor have? patient honest polite active organized confident creative practical humorous fair energetic easy-going modest thoughtful outgoing generous hard-working curious
1. Mike is an ________ doctor. He always quarrels with his ________ (patient). 2. An ________ person has lots of ________. (energy) 3. Failure ( 失败 ) is the mother of ________. If you want to be _________, you must work hard. impatient patients energetic energy success successful Fill in the blanks:
4. Eddie sleeps most of the day. He is ________ (active). 5. Our boss doesn’t treat everyone equally. We all think he is an _______ (fair) person. 6. He has a good sense of __________. He is very ____________ (humour). inactive unfair humour humorous
Model: A: Who are you going to recommend to be our monitor? B: I’m going to recommend ______________. A: Why are you going to recommend him/her? B: Because______________________________ _____________________________________. Please try your best to give examples. Task two: Sentences
1. 她喜欢想像一切． 2. 她喜欢安宁而不喜欢与别人争吵． 3. 她总是注意生话中的细节． 4. 全班同学喜欢与她聊天因为她能保守秘密． She likes dreaming about everything. She likes peace and doesn’t like arguing with others. She always pays attention to details in her life. Everybody in our class likes chatting with her because she can keep secrets. TaskTwo:sentences. 5. 她热爱生活而且很有幽默感． She enjoys life and has a good sense of humour.
7. 她是一个有耐心的人可以等待很长时间而不生气． 8. 她每次英语考试能得高分可是从不炫耀． She is a patient person and can wait for a long time without getting angry. She can get high marks in each English test and never shows off. 6. 她不介意做额外的工作． She doesn’t mind doing some extra work. 9. 当她学习上有困难时，她不轻易放弃． She never gives up easily when she has problems with study. 10. 她很善良总是原谅别人的过错． It is kind of her to forgive others for their mistakes.
Grammar A It is ＋ adj. ＋ of sb ＋ (not) to do sth. 表示： “ 某人做某事怎么样。 ” Task Three: Grammar
Differences ： It is ＋ adj. ＋ of sb to do sth. It is ＋ adj. ＋ for sb to do sth.
It+is+ nice, kind, good, wrong, clever, foolish, silly, careless, generous, selfish, polite, … + of + for sb.+ (not) to do sth. +sb.+ (not) to do sth. important, necessary, impossible, possible, interesting, hard, difficult, easy, … 描述事情特征 的形容词 adj. 描述人的性格品 质的形容词
1.It ’ s kind ___ you to bring me the newspaper. 2. It ’ s thoughtful _____ your parents to organize this party for us. 3. It’s unnecessary _______ students to take exams every week. 4. It’s creative _____ Billy to come up with so many good ideas. 5. It’s selfish _____ her not to think of others. =She is selfish ___________ not to think of others. Fill in the blanks of for enough
Grammar B 主语＋ be ＋ adj. ＋ enough ＋ to do sth. 这个句型用来描述主语的人品和能力. 表示 “ 某人或某物在某方面已经能够达到做某 事的程度 ” 。 e.g. Andy is outgoing enough to make friends easily.
1. It's generous____the girl to offer us _______ to eat. A. of; enough food B. for; food enough C. of; enough drinks D. for; drinks enough 2. Simon is funny enough _______ us all_______. A. make; laugh B. to make; to laugh C. to make; laughing D. to make; laugh 3. Billy has all kinds of different ideas. He is_______ to be a famous writer. A. enough creative B. creative enough C. energetic enough D. enough energetic A D B
Work out the rules ： enough 修饰 adj./adv. 时, 位于 adj. /adv. 后 1. He is _____ ______ to go to school. ( 年龄够大 ) 2.I have ______ _______to buy myself a house. ( 足够的钱） old enough enough money enough 修饰 n. 时，位于 n. 前 副词作状语 形容词作定语
David’s good qualities to be a good chairperson Not afraid of making a speech to a large group of people Always get good marks in tests helpful confident clever hard-working organized David David is confident enough to make a speech to a large group of people. David is clever enough to get good marks in tests.
helpful Finished all his summer homework in the first week David’s good qualities to be a good chairperson David is confident enough to make a speech to a large group of people. Remembers to do the things he needs to do Often helps us with our homework confident clever hard-working organized David David is hard-working enough to finish all his summer homework in the first week. David is helpful enough to help us with our homework. David is organized enough to remember to do the things he needs to do. David is clever enough to get good marks in tests.
David finished all his summer homework in the first week. SV DO Adv
Grammar C Different parts of a sentence 句子成分 1. subject 主语 2. Predicate 谓语 3. Predicative 表语 4. Object ( direct or indirect ) 5. Attribute 定语 6. Adverbial 状语 7.Object Complement 宾语补足语
Millie is reading the school newsletter. subject predicate direct object attributive
You are selfish at times. subject predicate predicative adverbial
1.It’s necessary for them to help each other. 2. Mr Li is looking angrily at me now. 3. Everyone calls the cat Mimi. 4. What he said made me happy. 5. The man in the red car bought me a new bike. 6. The boy ordered the dog to lie down. Exercises : 指出下列划线部分在句中担任的成分 Subject (S) Verb (V) Predicative (P) Direct object (DO) Indirect object (IO) Object complement (OC) Adverbial (Adv.) Attributive (Attr.) S DO S Attr. P DO IOIO OC IO V Adverbial OC
Task Four: topic Step 1 Discuss and choose who to recommend. Step 2 Report one by one. we want to choose ___ as/to be our monitor. we think he/she will be an excellent monitor because he/she has many good qualities. First,______________________________________________. Second,____________________________________________. Third, ____________________________________________. Finally, ___________________________________________. we think that ____has all the qualities to be a good monitor. Tip: Try to give more details and examples.
中考链接 1.He would not mind _____ (do) extra work for the Students’ Union. 2.He is never afraid of _______ （ make ） a speech in assembly. doing making
3. You should be confident enough ______ (take) this job. 4. Mr Wu spends a lot of time ________ (explain) things to us. 5. Millie wants to practice ______ (use) the words she has learnt. to take explaining using
6. You shouldn’t worry about not ______ ( have) breakfast then. 7. Yesterday we ___________ (divide) into four groups to discuss the problem. having were divided
8. You are patient enough to wait without_______ (get) angry. 9. Do you have any problems in _______ (solve) it? 10. Don’t forget _______ (close) the window when you leave getting solving to close
Summary : 1.It is ＋形容词＋ of sb (not) to do sth. - It is ＋形容词＋ for sb (not) to do sth. 2. 主语＋ be ＋形容词＋ enough ＋ to do sth. 3.Different parts of a sentence
Homework: To remember the adjectives that describe people ’ s qualities and the patterns. 2.To do the exercises on the paper.