Presentation on theme: "doctor, actor, lawyer or a singer why not president, be a dreamer"— Presentation transcript:
1doctor, actor, lawyer or a singer why not president, be a dreamer you can be just the one you wanna be policeman, fire fighter or a post man why not something like your old man doctor, actor, lawyer or a singer I know that we all got one thing that we all share together we got that one nice dream we live for you never know what life could bring cause nothing last for ever just hold on to the team you play for I know you could reach the top make sure that you won‘t stop be the one that you wanna be now sing this with me we may have different ways to think but it doesn't really matter we all caught up in the steam of this life focus on every little thing that’s what does really matter luxury cars and bling That’s not real life I know you could reach the top make sure that you won't stop be the one that you wanna be policeman, fire fighter or a post man why not something like your old man last year I used to dream about this day now I'm here I'm singing for you I hope I could inspire you cause I've got all the love, cause I've got all love for you
3Let’s enjoy the wordsDoctor, actor, lawyer or a singer, why not president, be a dreamer, you can be just the one you want to bepoliceman, fire fighter or a post man, why not something like your old man, you can be just the one you want to be. I know you could reach the top make sure that you won’t stop be the one that you want to be
4Our class wants to select some student to be our monitor Our class wants to select some student to be our monitor. Do you have the qualities to be a monitor?Complete the following tasks.
5What good qualities should our monitor have? Task one: vocabularyWhat good qualities should our monitor have?patient honest politeactive organized confidentcreative practical humorousfair energetic easy-goingmodest thoughtful outgoinggenerous hard-working curious
61. Mike is an ________ doctor. He always Fill in the blanks:1. Mike is an ________ doctor. He alwaysquarrels with his ________ (patient).2. An ________ person has lots of________ . (energy)3. Failure (失败) is the mother of________ . If you want to be_________, you must work hard.impatientpatientsenergeticenergysuccesssuccessful
7inactive unfair humour humorous 4. Eddie sleeps most of the day. He is ________ (active).5. Our boss doesn’t treat everyone equally. We all think he is an _______ (fair) person.6. He has a good sense of __________. He is very ____________ (humour) .inactiveunfairhumourhumorous
8Task two: Sentences Model: A: Who are you going to recommend to be our monitor?B: I’m going to recommend ______________.A: Why are you going to recommend him/her?B: Because___________________________________________________________________.Please try your best to give examples.
9TaskTwo:sentences. 1. 她喜欢想像一切． She likes dreaming about everything. 2. 她喜欢安宁而不喜欢与别人争吵．She likes peace and doesn’t like arguing with others.3. 她总是注意生话中的细节．She always pays attention to details in her life.4. 全班同学喜欢与她聊天因为她能保守秘密．Everybody in our class likes chatting with her becauseshe can keep secrets.5. 她热爱生活而且很有幽默感．She enjoys life and has a good sense of humour.
106. 她不介意做额外的工作． She doesn’t mind doing some extra work.7. 她是一个有耐心的人可以等待很长时间而不生气．She is a patient person and can wait for a long time without getting angry.8. 她每次英语考试能得高分可是从不炫耀．She can get high marks in each English test and never shows off.9. 当她学习上有困难时，她不轻易放弃．She never gives up easily when she has problems with study.10. 她很善良总是原谅别人的过错．It is kind of her to forgive others for their mistakes.
11It is ＋adj.＋of sb ＋(not) to do sth. 表示：“某人做某事怎么样。” Task Three: GrammarGrammar AIt is ＋adj.＋of sb ＋(not) to do sth.表示：“某人做某事怎么样。”
12Differences： It is ＋adj.＋of sb to do sth. It is ＋adj.＋for sb to do sth.
14Fill in the blanks of of for of of enough It’s kind ___ you to bring me the newspaper.2. It’s thoughtful_____ your parents to organize this party for us.3. It’s unnecessary _______ students to take exams every week.4. It’s creative _____ Billy to come up with so many good ideas.5. It’s selfish _____ her not to think of others.=She is selfish ___________ not to think of others.ofofforofofenough
15主语＋be＋adj.＋enough ＋to do sth. Grammar B主语＋be＋adj.＋enough ＋to do sth.这个句型用来描述主语的人品和能力.表示“某人或某物在某方面已经能够达到做某事的程度”。e.g. Andy is outgoing enough to make friends easily.
161. It's generous____the girl to offer us _______ to eat. A. of; enough food B. for; food enoughC. of; enough drinks D. for; drinks enough2. Simon is funny enough _______ us all_______.A. make; laugh B. to make; to laughC. to make; laughing D. to make; laugh3. Billy has all kinds of different ideas. He is_______ to be a famous writer.A. enough creative B. creative enoughC. energetic enough D. enough energeticADB
17Work out the rules： 1. He is _____ ______ to go to school. (年龄够大) old enough副词作状语enough money2.I have ______ _______to buy myself a house. (足够的钱）形容词作定语enough修饰 adj./adv.时,位于adj./adv.后enough修饰 n.时，位于n.前
18David is clever enough to get good marks in tests. David’s good qualities to be a good chairpersonNot afraid ofmaking a speech toa large group of peoplehelpfulconfidentcleverhard-workingorganizedDavidAlways get goodmarks in testsDavid is clever enough to getgood marks in tests.David is confident enough to make aspeech to a large group of people.
19enough to finish all his summer homework in the first week. David’s good qualities to be a good chairpersonDavid is hard-workingenough to finish all his summerhomework in the first week.David is confident enoughto make a speech toa large group of people.Finished all hissummer homework inthe first weekhard-workingconfidentDavidDavid is helpfulenough to help us withour homework.David is cleverenough to get goodmarks in tests.helpfulcleverOften helps uswith our homeworkorganizedDavid is organizedenough to remember to dothe things he needs to do.Remembers todo the things heneeds to do
20David finished all his summer homework in the first week. DOAdv
21Grammar C Different parts of a sentence 句子成分 1. subject 主语 2. Predicate 谓语3. Predicative 表语4. Object ( direct or indirect )5. Attribute 定语6. Adverbial 状语7.Object Complement宾语补足语
22Millie is reading the school newsletter. subjectattributivepredicatedirect object
23You are selfish at times. subjectadverbialpredicativepredicate
24Exercises : 指出下列划线部分在句中担任的成分 1.It’s necessary for them to help each other.2. Mr Li is looking angrily at me now.3. Everyone calls the cat Mimi .4. What he said made me happy.5. The man in the red car bought mea new bike.6. The boy ordered the dog to lie down.PSSubject (S)Verb (V)Predicative (P)Direct object (DO)Indirect object (IO)Object complement (OC)Adverbial(Adv.)Attributive(Attr.)VDODOIOSDOOCAttr.IOAdverbialDOOC
25Task Four: topic Step 1 Discuss and choose who to recommend. Step 2 Report one by one.we want to choose ___ as/to be our monitor. we think he/she will be an excellent monitor because he/she has many good qualities. First,______________________________________________.Second,____________________________________________.Third, ____________________________________________.Finally, ___________________________________________.we think that ____has all the qualities to be a good monitor.Tip: Try to give more details and examples.
26中考链接1.He would not mind _____ (do) extra work for the Students’ Union.2.He is never afraid of _______（make）a speech in assembly.doingmaking
273. You should be confident enough ______ (take) this job.4. Mr Wu spends a lot of time ________(explain) things to us.5. Millie wants to practice ______ (use)the words she has learnt.to takeexplainingusing
286. You shouldn’t worry about not ______ ( have) breakfast then. 7. Yesterday we ___________ (divide) into four groups to discuss the problem.havingwere divided
298. You are patient enough to wait without_______ (get) angry.9. Do you have any problems in_______ (solve) it?10. Don’t forget _______ (close) thewindow when you leavegettingsolvingto close
30Summary : - It is ＋形容词＋for sb (not) to do sth. 1.It is ＋形容词＋of sb (not) to do sth.- It is ＋形容词＋for sb (not) to do sth.2.主语＋be＋形容词＋enough ＋to do sth.3.Different parts of a sentence
31Homework:To remember the adjectives that describe people’s qualities and the patterns.2.To do the exercises on the paper.