Presentation on theme: "TOSS Field Placement Signup. Necessary Paperwork: Criminal History Background Check Personal Affirmation Form Liability Insurance Form Charge to Card."— Presentation transcript:
Necessary Paperwork: Criminal History Background Check Personal Affirmation Form Liability Insurance Form Charge to Card Services Cobb County Consent Forms
Insurance &Criminal Background Check All school systems require $1,000,000 of liability insurance a clear criminal history Securing and maintaining these responsibility of the KSU student. are both the responsibility of the KSU student.
Verification of Liability Insurance You must obtain coverage by joining: Georgia Association of Educators (GAE) Student Professional Assn. of Georgia Educators (SPAGE) Fill Out this Form Upload form to Certified Background’s website and your file
Criminal Background Check For your background check CertifiedBackground.com You must use CertifiedBackground.com NO other vendors are approved
Criminal Background Check CertifiedBackground.com Online $38.00 (Visa/MasterCard/money order) Use the password to view and print the results. Results usually available in 48-72 hours
Criminal Background Check HOW TO ORDER: You will need… Your student ID number Social Security Number Credit card information Go to www.CertifiedBackground.comwww.CertifiedBackground.com click on Students In the Package Code Box Enter KE61 Select a method of payment Answer all questions and click on Submit For help: 1-888-666-7788 or firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Personal Affirmation No criminal activity Since last certified background check Within the last two years Through CertifiedBackground.com Reporting Criminal Activity Legally binding Schools will check
Charge to Card Services Teacher Candidate Badge – If you lost yours or want a new one $4.50 From your KSU Account Mandatory
Cobb County Cobb County Forms Professional Conduct by Educators Form Consent Form - CCSD background check Confidentiality Statement Everyone fills these out
Information on the site Field Experience Information Semester Calendar Paperwork forms and instructions Sign-Up Dates and Access Link Orientation Power Point Collaborating Teacher Packet
Signups THE SIGN-UP TIMES POSTED ARE NOT FLEXIBLE: OPENS: June 24 th at 10:00pm OPENS: June 24 th at 10:00pm CLOSES: June 25 th at 10:00pm CLOSES: June 25 th at 10:00pm NO EXCEPTIONS You must choose a field experience site through the online sign-up - NO EXCEPTIONS! IF YOU MISS THE SIGN-UP You will NOT conduct a TOSS Field Experience!
TOSS Field Placement Sign-up Online Banner (Owl Express) Don’t Assume Read Carefully Follow Instructions If you make a mistake you can go backwards & change schools
1. Viewing Placements List of Placements Schools Sections Mixing it up Informed Decision Location Times TOSS & HPS Sections
2. Owl Express OWL Express owlexpress.kennesaw.edu owlexpress.kennesaw.edu Just like signing up for classes Sign in Net ID Password
3. Navigating the Menus Main Menu Program Applications Bagwell College of Education Applications & Forms Field Experience Placement Request Form READ Instructions
4. Personal Information Verify KSU ID Choose “ECE TOSS” Choose “ES” “SUBMIT” Check Information Complete remaining fields Alternate phone number Insurance (type/name) Member number & expiration date
5. Placements Review Placements Make your Choice Remember Section & Times Only one Can change Click “SUBMIT” YOU MUST CLICK “SUBMIT” YOU MUST CLICK “SUBMIT” IF YOU DO NOT… YOU LOSE YOUR PLACEMENT
5. Complete Once you have made your selection click submit. If you have successfully chosen a school, you will see the following screen. THIS PROCESS IS NOT COMPLETE UNITL SEE THIS PAGE IF YOU DO NOT…YOU DO NOT HAVE A PLACEMENT
6. Confirm & Verify If you receive the confirmation page You have successfully chosen, but… Print Confirmation & Verify Placement Location/Address Phone Number Note Section If there is a mistake, change it immediately!
The 3 P’s of Field Experience PROMPT PROFESSIONAL PREPARED
The 3 P’s of Field Experience PROMPT Arrive on-time to your school site every day. On-time means early! Notify the school, your CT, and your instructor if you are going to be absent.
The 3 P’s of Field Experience DRESS PROFESSIONAL : DRESS No mini skirts No cleavage No jeans No heavy makeup No facial jewelry No visible tattoos No visible undergarments
The 3 P’s of Field Experience CONDUCT PROFESSIONAL : CONDUCT off Cell phones off & out of sight No food or drink during class time No personal interaction with students out of school Return all guest supplies BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS AT ALL times Remember you are a GUEST.
The 3 P’s of Field Experience PREPARED Bring the Collaborating Teacher Packet Create fully developed lesson plans KSU NAME TAG Wear your KSU NAME TAG at all times
Final Instrustions Email your CT’s name & Grade level to your instructor and to Donna Fitzgerald, CEPP firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com If issues come up, there is a chain of command: 1.Your Collaborating Teacher 2.Your University Supervisor 3.Your TOSS instructor 4.Your TOSS Program Coordinator: Ms. Katy Basch firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You Please contact us with any questions or concerns. CEPP: Donna Fitzgerald email@example.com 678-797-2236