Presentation on theme: "Twenty Questions The Present Perfect Twenty Questions 12345 678910 1112131415 1617181920."— Presentation transcript:
Twenty Questions The Present Perfect
1. Do we use the Present Perfect to introduce experiences we have/haven’t had? Yes ! I have been to New York. (I’ve been to New York) I have never eaten sushi. (I’ve never eaten sushi)
2.Do we use the present perfect to give extra details about our experiences in the past? No, we don’t. Experience: I have been to New York Extra information : past simple... I went in It was very hot and I didn’t like the food.
3. Do we use the present perfect for an action that started and finished in the past? No, we don’t. But, we can use it for actions that started in the past and continue now. - I have had this watch for 5 years.
4.Is this correct? - I have known Mary since 2 years. No! We use for to introduce a period of time and since to introduce a specific moment. - I have known Mary for 2 years. or - I have known Mary since 2007.
5. How long have you been at this school? examples : For 3 years / Since 2005.
6.Order this sentence : been Australia to Have ever you ? Have you ever been to Australia?
7. Do we use ‘yet’ in afirmative statements? No, we don’t. We use ‘yet’ in questions and negative statements. - Have you eaten your sandwich yet? - She hasn’t arrived yet.
8. Answer the question using ‘already’. - Have you done your homework yet? Yes, I’ve already done it.
9. If Peter lives in London but has gone to Paris, where is he now? Peter is still in Paris.
10. What is the difference between – They have been/ gone to Big Ben. If they have been to Big Ben they are not there now but they have had this experience. If they have gone to Big Ben they are still there now.
11. Think of something you have never experienced that you would love to Examples : I’ve never been to India. I’ve never flown in a helicopter.
12. How do we form the present perfect? Choose from the list below... subject-have-past participle had/have/past simple/past participle /subject/
13. Peter and Paul aren’t at home...re-order the words gone/ cinema/ They/ to/ have/ the They have gone to the cinema.
14. Jane has a problem...re-order the words homework I done my yet haven’t I haven’t done my homework yet. Have you?!
15. Complete this sentence so it’s true for you I (be) to Argentina. possible answers: - I’ve been to Argentina. - I haven’t been to Argentina. or I’ve never been to Argentina.
16.Say the past participles of : feel, leave, lose, smell felt left lost smelt
17.Make a present perfect question. ever / you / meet / a famous film star ? Have you ever met a famous film star?
18.Has she finished her lunch.....? Yes, she’s finished it. Has she finished her lunch yet ? Yes, she’s already/just finished it.
19. What past tense is often contrasted with the present perfect?. I’ve known Tom for ten years. Past Simple: I met him in 1998.
20.Say the past participle of : drink, ring, sing, swim drunk rung sung swum