Beginning In love with Rosaline. Goes to the party because he thinks she may be there. Meets Juliet and falls in love with her at first- sight. Finds out she is a Capulet – his family’s enemy.
Middle After only a few hours, Romeo and Juliet decides to marry. Romeo asks the Friar to marry them. Romeo interferes with Mercutio and Tybalt’s dueling, he accidently gets Mercutio stabbed by Tybalt. Romeo ends up killing Tybalt for vengeance of Mercutio. He hides at the Friar’s before getting vanished to Mantua.
End Balthasar sends Romeo word of Juliet’s “death”. Romeo gets attacked by Paris because Paris thinks Romeo is there to damage the tombs. Romeo kills Paris. He takes poison and dies next to Juliet.
Beginning – Recognizes Romeo at the Capulet’s party. Looks for Romeo for a battle. Battles Mercutio and kills him.
Beginning- Falls in love with Romeo at first sight during the Capulet party. After party, she says, “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” – Why are you Romeo??
Middle- Marries Romeo secretly. Hears of someone’s death and thinks it is Romeo at first. Her father thinks she is crying over Tybalt’s death. Goes to the Friar and receives potion and pretends to agree to marry Paris.
End- Before drinking the potion she thinks about waking up alone in the tomb and the plan not working. When she wakes up, she finds Romeo dead. She stabs herself.
Beginning- Mercutio and other Montagues persuade Romeo to go to the Capulet party.
Middle- Mercutio and Tybalt sword fight. He is stabbed by Tybalt because Romeo interfered. Says, “A plague on both your houses!” as he is dying.
Beginning- The Friar agrees to marry Romeo and Juliet because he hopes it will stop the feud between the Capulet’s and Montague’s. He marries them.
Middle- He devises a plan to help Romeo and Juliet end up together. Tells Juliet to take a sleeping potion and after her funeral, he will come by and take her to Romeo in Verona. He will give word to Romeo of the plan by sending another Friar to deliver a letter to him. **The letter never gets to Romeo.
End- He finds Juliet awaken and Romeo dead. Tries to convince Juliet to run away and join a covenant. Leaves the tomb when he hears people coming.
Is close to Juliet Capulet. Informs her of Tybalt’s death, although takes her awhile to reveal the name of who died leaving Juliet thinking Romeo had been killed.
Father of Juliet. Forces Juliet to marry Paris. After finding Juliet dead, he realizes the foolishness of the bitter quarrel with the Montague’s.
Father of Romeo. Defends Romeo when Tybalt was killed because Tybalt killed Mercutio. After finding Romeo dead, he realizes the foolishness of the bitter quarrel with the Capulet’s. Both parents agreed to build statues of their dead children.
Banishes Romeo from Verona for life because Romeo killed Tybalt.
Wants to marry Juliet. Sees Romeo at Juliet’s tomb and attacks Romeo because he thinks Romeo has come to damage the tomb or bodies. Is killed by Romeo.
Close friend and servant to Romeo. Tells Romeo of Juliet’s death. (Balthasar doesn’t know that is was just a potion.)
The girl Romeo loves at the beginning of the play. She breaks Romeo’s heart to become a nun.
* Caretaker of Lennie but sometimes feels overwhelmed (says, “I could get along easy and so nice if I didn’t have you on my tail.”) * Keeps Lennie out of trouble (tells him to return to the lake and hid in the brush) * Dreams of own a house with a garden, cow, etc. * Becomes upset when they are late for work * Confides in Slim about Weed * Hates people like Curly—a bully.
* Rips a lady’s dress in Weed * Loves soft things but doesn’t know his strength (says, “I pet ‘em, and pretty soon..they was dead.”) * Is killed at the end of the story. * Threatens to go live in a cave when George gets angry.
* Aging ranch hand * Sad that he did not shoot his dog himself
* Gives final order for Candy’s dog to be shot * Believes that Lennie “ain’t mean…” and is a hard worker
* Is son of the boss * Fights Lennie because he (Curly) thinks Lennie laughed at him * Wears a glove on one hand
* Is the first to suggest that Candy shoot the dog